Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Made a cup of tea but realised I didn't actually boil the kettle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Could be worse.

I've often put cold water from the kettle into the French press for the coffee.

Grrrr. Wash out. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've never drank coffee so I can't relate to that I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

There was this wan at the bus stop yesterday, possibly hitting about 40, who had her eyebrows plucked in a way that gave her a perpetually cheeky/insolent expression. It actually made her look quite intimidating. Some people should just leave their eyebrows alone.

Also, Marty Whelan's Eurovision commentary yesterday eve. He kept rabbiting and rambling on, talking over the presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Doctors will be doing their rounds in the hospital until 10am but according to the HSE, their time is worth more than yours and you can just sit around for hours waiting for them.

It’s outrageous, there is no reason on earth that they cant give appt times - they manage it in the rest of the world - here’s an idea, I have 4 doctors working in outpatients so starting at 10am, give 15 minute appointments going forward until 1pm. There is no reason for people to be all congregated in outpatients for hours, spreading germs, in a pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the doctors were not doing rounds. they were there and seeing patients when I arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The unions wouldn’t stand for it either way.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The price of everything going up and the quality of items going down even quicker. Restaurants are prime examples.

Businesses not bothering to return calls or update you to tell you when the can or can't come out. Was told he's in the area last month and sweet FA since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seeing pictures a good friend posted on Facebook…my friend got married four years ago and she had her first child three years ago, lovely kid, nice house … but..

my friend has absolutely ballooned in weight…actually very very obese and some… it’s worrying… trim petite good looking girl beforehand , never shy of posting a pic of herself on a beach on holiday in a bikini… but she seems or it just looks like shes not looking after herself…

hubby I don’t think is the most proactive in term of being supportive and a supportive Daddy, loving and well meaning for sure but… he’s generally as I’m told,, to be eleven to twelve hours a day off and on face down in his laptop for work running his own IT business…and in terms of stuff I’ve seen in person immature to certain machinations of life and relationships… I don’t think she’s happy and certainly not looking healthy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,943 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I speculated to accumulate , and though I did win a £13 on the euromillions, it's not quite what I spent on it. :(😞 . When oh when will I win it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Trivial annoyance?

This stupid fcuk

Maybe you can't see him. That's because he has no lights on his bike

High viz? Naa, maybe next time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Strange that the media aren't all over an incident where a female got stabbed multiple times. Toxic masculinity, incels etc etc.

Oh right, wrong area, wrong social class.

Won't be any nationwide lighted candles vigils either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

i'm sure your "good friend" would appreciate your post - NOT - I hope she never sees it

😲

how about meeting her for a cuppa and having a friendly chat, as oppose to talking about her and making judgements on the www

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who start e-mails saying

Hi both

If you want me to do something then ask me directly. Otherwise I am not doing it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Not on boards, but another forum I'm on, someone just announced they won't be around for a while. So what? And it's a thread about a particular topic, not a general chit chat thread. Completely irrelevant to the topic.

What's the expression - 'it's not an airport, no need to announce departure.' 😂

Maybe they have, maybe they have done lots of things, you don't know. But unless their friend is named and knows their friend is called Strumms on boards I really don't think it counts as "being talked about" on the Internet.

I think it's OK to vent a little, I don't think the post is nasty, and unfortunately, it's quite common and symptomatic of more serious relationship issues and pressures that cone with a new child in the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm sure she realises that she has put on weight, as can happen when a woman has a baby. Covid over the past few years wouldn't have helped either, since loads of people piled on the weight during lockdown. And I'm sure that the last thing she's worried about is that she doesn't have her bikini body to post photos online for your pleasure. It isn't always easy to lose weight, and somebody making judgment on her won't help much, whether she knows about it or not.

Or maybe you could just say to her "Have you thought of eating less and exercising more". I'm sure that would be appreciated.

Anyway...my trivial annoyance is the traffic situation in my town at the moment, exacerbated by roadworks and temporary traffic lights. I'm just glad I don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Because she lives in Switzerland. And incidentally won’t have heard of boards or know who Strumms is…

not a judgement, its a comment based on reality…it’s an annoyance as i would not like to think that she is foregoing her health….I’d much prefer to think of hubby doing his bit but in 99% of social media pics she’s the one holding or pushing the baby…and not looking at all healthy. Actually obese… It’s fairly normal to be concerned about a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Patiently watching ads on the telly.....forgetting momentarily that it's a recording 😃

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA, when looking at my threads on Boards, Boards keep kicking me back to the Home page. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

When reading an article in an online newspaper and it has a video. When I scroll down and the video pops out into a smaller video that stays static on the top of the page, and the 'close' button is not always obvious.

FFS, I know the video is on the top of the page, if I want to watch it I can scroll up. It's that easy. I don't need a little annoying video playing in the background following me down the page. Just because something exists, doesn't mean it needs to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Two of my kids had their school tours today - separate destinations.

My wife made the lunches last night. I got up early to drop the older one to school. His sister didn't need to be until an hour later.

As he slept in, there was a bit of rush. I decided to put his lunch in his bag for him.

It was the wrong lunchbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

When I am halfway down a page on boards and come back to finish it later it automatically loads the next page.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The Indo? They also auto-play the audio. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Put the flea/worm stuff on the cats yesterday. I'll now be hoovering up clumps of fur for the next week while they try to get it off their necks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The little Jack Russell puppy had me up at 3.50am this morning looking for his breakfast and cuddles (well, mainly his breakfast) I just couldn't get annoyed with him when I saw him with his paws up on the doggy fence, looking at me with his black beady eyes and wagging his tail. He has a right plank made out of me already and I only have him 3 weeks 🤡

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement