Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

Aye... and if my uncle had a fanny,he'd be my Aunt

SF will be in a centre coalition and will lose the 10% perma protest vote

They'll be in any government that they can negotiate themselves into after that as other parties see how they get on

These will be centre government's thanks to the EU fiscal rules

I've no problem with that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Charrychar

As I said before this is all just the kind of crap we keep telling ourselves after every Sinn Fein election. We need to stop deluding ourselves if we want to actually deal with the problem. Sinn Fein are rising and there’s nothing to suggest they will stop. Personally as much as I hate to even say it I honestly believe Sinn Fein will get at least 40% of the vote next election. They are currently polling at 35% and they always do better than the polls suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

they will be in a coalition at first yes, i have no issue with that as they will hold their counterpart to account and force through the necessary reforms and law and order policies they wish to implement, and i don't have a problem with that as they will be in government north and south, baby steps.

but they won't lose votes and they will eventually be in government singly.

the EU fiscal rules won't have anything to do with the type of government SF will be in as SF are the party of fiscal responsibility anyway and their policies don't conflict with those rules.

• Advertisement

SF are within the margin of error at the same support level as last October,8 months ago

Their future is in a coalition government, probably with Fianna Fáil

SFFF

I see

So government with SF means nirvana and an end to the permadisappointed

Thats a 2nd fanny for my other former uncle so

Facts are if we don’t do something soon we are going to end up with gunmen and bombers in government. What an embarrassment that will be on the international stage.

Sinn Fein have been slowly rising since they got the most votes in the last election in the republic with 24%, they are currently polling now at 35 percent and it’s still a while until the next election. On top of all that Sinn Fein usually always do better than the polls suggest.

Honestly as much as I hate to say it, I really believe Sinn Fein will get between 40-45 percent of the vote in the next Irish election. We need to make people more aware of Sinn Feins history with the IRA so that people realize who they are voting for.

As I said before, wishful thinking. I’ve heard that sort of stuff every election for the last ten years and they always do better than believed beforehand. A few years ago I’d fully believe what you said but now I’ve become disillusioned and am expecting the worst.

Most young people don’t know about the atrocities carried out by SF/IRA, I know RTE and the newspapers try their best to make people aware of this but I feel like young people aren’t really watching RTE or reading newspapers these days so I think we need to raise awareness more on social media rather than the usual methods.

To be honest,thats nonsense

They have living victims yes

They laud the perpetrators as heroes yes

But let them at it and move on

Theres a thing called common sense and whilst I may disagree with a lot of SF's take on things,I've the common sense to know that being bellicose is a condition of being in opposition

Government changes that

Coalition programmes in the round are usually palatable despite some things you don't agree with

• Advertisement

they do know, they don't care as all sides have committed to peace.

there is nothing you can do, SF will be in government and you need to prepare for it and come to terms with it for your own sake.

I disagree, not only all that you just said but there are also convicted terrorists in Sinn Fein who would still be in prison to this day and to the day they die if not for the GFA.

Leading Sinn Fein member Gerry Kelly bombed a court house in London and sent to prison, he then took part in one of the biggest prison escapes in recent history shot a prison guard and stabbed others and now he is a leading member of the biggest political party in Ireland North and South!!! It’s a bloody joke.

Sinn Fein had and have so many IRA members in their ranks but then again why wouldn’t they? They are basically the same organization, plus the only reason Sinn Fein have gotten this far is from IRA money and influence.

Would you like to go back to the 1980's ?

It wasn't pretty

You're joining my ignore list no disrespect

But I've no time for the unrealistic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Whether Sf like it or not there always has been and always will be a good number of people in Ireland's north and south who understand the unionist position and don't mind Donaldson's current stand on the matter [protocol] in Northern Ireland. Pout and posture all she likes but ONeil and her pally friend what's her name from Dublin well soon be old news.

For me, all I have an interest in is what the unionist position on the protocol is and whats the big issue with it. How exactly we can sort the problem out and maybe get this message out in the Republic good and propper instead of the steady feed of Sf codswallop from RTE.

As for the EU and the USA they have their own agenda when it comes to Northern Ireland.

All I hear from Sf is grandstanding and blustering straight out of Russia's RT news on Putin's greatness and so on.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭notsocutehoor

What are you going to do soon Charry, to stop the gunners and bombers getting into government

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

roll out the red carpet for them. Eoin Bomber O Broin ffs

There’s nothing I can do, but there’s plenty we can all do.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for a good man to do nothing - that's you

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country - that's you Charry

I know the Brits may not be the pefect example to be quoting when talking about governmental embarrassment on the international stage but here is a list of ex gunmen and bombers in their government (I hope I am allowed to post this - it can be very challenging knowing right from wrong here)

Leo Docherty

Dan Jarvis MBE

John Baron

Bob Stewart

Chris Green

Tobias Ellwood

James Sunderland

James Cleverly

Ian Liddell-Grainger

Darren Henry

Simon Hart

Iain Duncan Smith

Jason McCartney

Gregory Campbell

Jack Lopresti

Sir Edward Leigh

Adam Holloway

David Davis

Mike Penning

Robert Seeley MBE

Philip Hollobone

Jeffrey Donaldson

Flick Drummond

David Davies

Desmond Swayne

Dr. Julian Lewis

Steve Barclay

Bill Wiggin

Andrew Bridgen

James Gray

Clive Lewis

Johnny Mercer

Penny Mordaunt

Mark Francois

Crispin Blunt

Royston Smith

Richard Drax

Andrew Selous

Dr. Andrew Murrison

Andrew Mitchell

Tom Tugendhat MBE

James Heappey

Andrew Bowie

Stuart Anderson

Sarah Atherton

Steve Baker

Ben Wallace

Euan Geddes, 3rd Baron Geddes

John Eccles, 2nd Viscount Eccles

Simon Arthur, 4th Baron Glenarthur

John Astor, 3rd Baron Astor of Hever

Robin Bridgeman, 3rd Viscount Bridgeman

Roger Swinfen Eady, 3rd Baron Swinfen

Arthur Gore, 9th Earl of Arran

Rupert Ponsonby, 7th Baron de Mauley

Hugh Trenchard, 3rd Viscount Trenchard

Charles Cathcart, 7th Earl Cathcart

Thomas Ashton, 4th Baron Ashton of Hyde

Alan Brooke, 3rd Viscount Brookeborough

Raymond Jolliffe, 5th Baron Hylton

Merlin Hay, 24th Earl of Erroll

Patrick Boyle, 10th Earl of Glasgow

Nigel Vinson, Baron Vinson

Jeffrey Sterling, Baron Sterling of Plaistow

Nigel Lawson, Baron Lawson of Blaby

Robert Dixon-Smith, Baron Dixon-Smith

David Hope, Baron Hope of Craighead

Kenneth Baker, Baron Baker of Dorking

Tony Christopher, Baron Christopher

Tom King, Baron King of Bridgwater

Michael Heseltine, Baron Heseltine

Ken Maginnis, Baron Maginnis of Drumglass

Michael Boyce, Baron Boyce

David Ramsbotham, Baron Ramsbotham

Clive Soley, Baron Soley

Brian Cotter, Baron Cotter

John Burnett, Baron Burnett

Richard Harries, Baron Harries of Pentregarth

Michael Walker, Baron Walker of Aldringham

Alan West, Baron West of Spithead

Robin Janvrin, Baron Janvrin

Richard Dannatt, Baron Dannatt

Jock Stirrup, Baron Stirrup

John Boyle, 15th Earl of Cork

Mark Lancaster, Baron Lancaster of Kimbolton

Andrew Robathan, Baron Robathan

Richard Benyon, Baron Benyon

Thomas Coke, 8th Earl of Leicester

Ruth Davidson, Baroness Davidson of Lundin Links

David Hacking, 3rd Baron Hacking

• Advertisement

For me, all I have an interest in is what the unionist position on the protocol is and whats the big issue with it. How exactly we can sort the problem out

It looks like you are completely ad idem with Sinn Fein on this, good to see you (to be fair most of the rest of the country were already there) coming around to their position on this.

Most people in the country did not'come round' to Sinn Féins position on Brexit or the protocol

Most people in the country were always of a pro EU disposition

Sinn Féin on the other hand campaigned against every EU/EEC referendum that ever was,including membership

So taunting someone here as to 'coming round ' to SF's position on the EU or the protocol is a tad rich,when in reality it's SF that has done a Volte facè on Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oh look Sinn Féin objecting to housing again. Every plan for new units you are guaranteed to see a Sinn Féin politician with an objection.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/construction/tds-support-locals-concerns-over-marlet-s-63m-howth-apartment-scheme-1.4877884

• Registered Users Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Always the same, whinging and complaining. There hasn't been a single positive contribution by Sinn Fein to the life of this country in the last ten years.

generally their objections are reasonable so this is a non-issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭O'Neill

What planet are you on..seriously? The optics for example of Emma Little Pengelly unelected and turning up, recieving her salary and refussing to do her job should stick in peoples mind for some time. Sadly I'm beginning to think Stormont won't be back for a long time. Utter farce of a situation.

What has that to do with the price of spuds. Sinn Fein have been anti Brexit and pro protocol from day 1 (unless I'm mistaken)'. I presume you are also wondering/questioning why Nero fiddled while Rome burned.What's with the 'taunting someone', I merely responded to his post. Can't say much more now in case someone goes running to mammy.

Ah here now

All I pointed out was SF did a massive volt face on Europe

Ergo their fans are in no position to lecture anyone on who loves the EU, the protocol or remain the most

Who said anything about them loving the EU the most, loving the protocol the most, or loving remain the most. Am I missing something (apart from the obvious)

• Advertisement

Nah,you're just over egging the pudding (again)

No biggy

Advertisement