Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 37 - Transfer Thread

Options
  • 10-05-2022 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭

A few doubles in this GW, and also one blank. Worth keeping an eye on the deadline too, as it's a very unusual time.

I was looking at Coutinho myself but he didn't really impress in tonight's game and didn't start Villa's last game. Both Ings & Watkins did impress though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Free Hit Active

Pickford (Foster)

Robbo Cash Myko ( Castagne, Tsimi)

Son Mane Zaha Coutinho (Lookman)

Vardy Richy Watkins

Might go Buendia over Coutinho or Digne/Maddison for Robbo/Lookman

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

Free Hit Active

Pickford (Steele)

Digne Cash TAA (Tsimikas Anderson)

Zaha Salah Son Gordon (Brownhill)

Kane Richarlison Watkins

Very early doors. Salah form a worry and he might become Diaz or Sane. Not quite sure on double Villa defence either. A lot will depend on the remaining games this week and who is in the FA cup teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah at the moment I would go Diaz over Salah. Have to wait and see how the FA Cup final goes too, with potential for another extra time game there.

There is an advantage for the FH with the FA Cup game being before the deadline too. But it's another Saturday-Tuesday schedule and I think Liverpool looked tired last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Have the FH saved for this week and I'm underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Depending on the gap between myself and 1st in my mini league im thinking of taking a gamble and going Salah Havertz and Weghorst to Son Zaha and Richarlison for a minus 8. Then I'll have 2.0 mil in bank to go maybe Coutinho to Diaz for final game.

I've had nothing over a minus four all season im not sure especially considering I need to make up points not lose them.

• Advertisement

The alternative to double Villa defence is double strikers in Ings & Watkins.

I like Buendia, really lively last night & exceptional the weekend. He’ll feature in both games.

Depending on how Watford v Everton goes tonight there could be a scramble for Leivester players with 2 fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Same here but think its a waste in GW38 as there'll be plenty of unpredictable teams named

Vardy hitting some form l, before he plays Watford.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Watkins might have picked up an injury, something to keep any eye on.

I'll probably do Havertz to Zaha with my ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have 15 DGWs in my team on the free hit.

Sure **** it, why not :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Bowen is up against Man City this week so thinking of swapping him out for Harvey Barnes.

Did Vardy go on a big scoring streak when the news of his wife's Instagram escapades hit the news? The course case is on now so there could be another streak coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Would you have Maddison over a single game week player like Diaz on a free hit this week?

Is KDB a serious option now ahead of Salah or Kane?

Yes I would have Maddison. Streaky player, nothing to play for & playing Watford who conceded double digit chances to Everton. Then play Chelsea who should have 3rd wrapped up when Arsenal don’t win tonight & then have the hangover of the Cup final.

Kane plays Burnley & Norwich. He really could get 5 goals in those 2 matches. Norwich are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is it likely Robertson will be rested again by Pool after the FA Cup Final for this GW?…..Tsmikas is an able replacement and I think if Pool win the Cup Klopp will focus on Champions League final then…..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Im thinking the same thing. Its all going to depend on the FA Cup this weekend. If they win, then I think they'll focus on Champions League final, and rest Salah for that.

Chelsea have 3rd place wrapped up & will do so v Watford at home last day of season

Id go Maddison

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Free Hit for me this week

Martinez

TAA - Holgate - Cash

Son - Salah - Zaha - Gordon

Richarlison - Vardy - Watkins

The forwards pick themselves, all in form and have DGW's. Watkins may become Ings if injury confirmed.

For CS's Everton and Villa both play palace at home, Villas other game is V Burnley whereas Everton play Brentford so prefer Villas CS chance, hence double there.

Son/Salah/TAA are SGW players who I won't be moving for DGW'ers (maybe Salah to KDB/Mane).

Zaha always burns me but 2-in-2 and DGW.

Gordon may become Dewsbury-Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone not on FH this week?

Currently have Weghorst and Dewsbury Hall as my doublers which isn't very inspiring but would like to keep the hits to a minimum as it seems man will be using their FH.

Team is

Ramsdale (Foster)

Robertson, Alonso, Cancelo (White, Schar)

Salah, Saka, Kulu, Havertz, Dewsbury Hall

Kane, Weghorst (Toney)

Thinking Schar & Havertz to Cash & Zaha for a -4.

Problem this GW is the SGW players are decent so benching someone will be tricky.

I think the Man City game on Sunday might have an influence on the Liverpool line up on Tuesday. It's another Saturday-Tuesday schedule so it's a quick turnaround again. If Man City win or draw against West Ham, the title is basically done so I think Klopp will concentrate on the CL and rest players. But if West Ham win, then the league is still open and Klopp will have to go strong again. The thing is, this all happens after the deadline!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

It's gonna be hard to leave out Kane & Son on FH after last night.

Actually, is it possible to benefit from price rises on FH? for example if you bring a player in at 7.5 and he rises to 7.7 in a couple of days, can you then move him on at 7.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yes. But they are very rare occasions. Plus, if the player is rising that quickly, you probably want to keep them as it usually suggests form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Schmeichel - (pope)

Mykolenko - cash - Anderson- (taylor) (roberts)

Maddison - coutinho - zaha - Gordon- (gallagher)

Watkins - vardy - richarlison(c)

Do you need to keep so much funds in Pope when Schmeichel (Or Pope) will play twice? You could save over 1.0 by downgrading GK to fodder and upgrade someone else like Andersen to a 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

8 ahead in my main ML after being 40 ahead this time last week. I have already moved on Salah for Son. Was thinking of being aggressive and moving Laporte and Foden to D Sanchez and De Bruyne for a -8. Good idea or madness.

As it stands

Schmeichel (Sa)

Cash Alonso Robertson Matip (Laporte)

Mount Gallagher Foden Son Gordon

Kane (Pukki Dennis)

With a -8.

Schmeichel (Sa)

Cash Alonso Robertson Sanchez (Matip)

Mount Gallagher De Bruyne Son Gordon

Kane (Pukki Dennis)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Still tinkering around with the free hit. Latest draft is

Pickford (Foster)

Cancelo Matip Ait Nouri (Clyne Tsimikas)

KDB Son Maddison Zaha (Gordon)

Kane Richarlison Ings

I like the front 3 but possibly need to get rid of Ings, play Gordon and get Cash in in defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Do I play my bench boost now or next week? Kilman and Wilock are injured with Ramsey and Watkins flagged.

Guess I could take a -8 and take out Kilman Wilock and Ramsey. If I get DGW players I should gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I had same dilemma, I'd love to have a dream-team from next week (all the big teams have nice fixtures) but you won't be able to afford all of them to max benefit. This week's ideal team is affordable, and can get you a lot of DGW's

Advertisement