Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tights: Where do you buy your tights?

• 02-05-2017 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I buy tights in TK Max when they have deals on they always have nice tights. I also like M and S tights they are good quality feel lovely on and there sheer tights and shine tights are lovely. There body control tights are also very good.
    I recently bought some tights in Aldi and they are very good for the price. Thay were 1.69 for 3 pairs. The only thing was they say they are black but they look more like navy tights not black otherwise they are nice to wear and good quality. I would buy them again.

So girls and guys where do you buy your tights?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Pennys tights are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Marks & Sparks, always good quality and a good range. Or lingerie shops ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

M&S for me mostly. Penneys also if nearby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Dunnes or local lingerie shop when stuck. Otherwise Kildare Village (Falke, Walford) or Oroblu website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Penny's for opaque ones - Dunnes for glossy sheer ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Should have also mentioned that I avoid Dunnes (sorry to all above ). I wear tights 5 days /week in the office and I find Dunnes quality to be atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The waist bands on penny's tights always roll down on me :(

I stick to M&S for opaque tights, last well and are the most comfortable for cheaper tights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

M&S for sheer tights and stockings, Dunnes or M&S for holdups, Penneys or Tesco for opaques.
    The ones sold as anti-ladder or however they phrase it in Dunnes are absolutely useless and most others from there are too shiny for me (I think the brand is Marie Claire) and they tear incredibly easily.
    Falke are the best but I wear tights so infrequently now that I tend to just buy a few pairs from M&S when I need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

dudara wrote: »
    Should have also mentioned that I avoid Dunnes (sorry to all above ). I wear tights 5 days /week in the office and I find Dunnes quality to be atrocious.

Oh I absolutely agree, that's why I said when stuck. If the choice is between Tesco or Dunnes, Dunnes are better. Provincial towns are not exactly known for stores with good hosiery departments.

I also tend to stock up when on holidays. Decent tights and shoes are more expensive in Ireland, while other clothing tends to be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Pretty Polly from the supermarket for sheer tights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

M&S only. I wear tights every day to work and they are the only ones I can rely consistently on to be well wearing and last many washes. Also they don't roll down.
    I also find Dunnes tights very bad quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

I actually like Marie Claire sheer tights and found them pretty durable and long lasting. I wear them most days. Pennys and Dunnes, -- no way. I occasionally treat myself to some of the products from the ''Dressmylegs'' web site. I absolutely adore their leg wear and although they might be a little more expensive than the ordinary, they are a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1carmela21

Falke the only choice for opaque tights, they look great and are soft to touch,very comfortable. Worth the extra few bob and the last a long time.

Dunnes sandal toe tights are ok, the rest are poor. They must of changed factory or something.

Make sure your tan tights are sheer to waist wherever you get them, they will feel much better to wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭sekond

Pre-Brexit I used to buy opaque ones from here, usually when buying a dress: https://www.popsyclothing.co.uk/collections/80-denier-tights They seem to be nearly indestructible, the larger sizes are actually large (I've bought size 18/20 tights in Irish shops that are tiny, tight and roll down) and very comfortable.

I haven't bought some in ages because of the 12 pound delivery fee (so only worth it if I'm buying a lot) and the fact that I got caught for customs charges the last time.

I'll probably do a big order all at once next time I need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I bought some Dunnes tights yesterday. I bought the medium support 20 denier tights in Jasmine and must say they were very comfortable and looked great as well as felt great and strong. I currently have long fake nails on and well have had a few tights ruined because of this even do I was being careful but these tights lasted the day no problem without a single ladder or tear. They were 5euro for 2 pairs in the packet so not bad.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭Emma2019

M&S tights for definite. I've a few pairs that have lasted years and I've climbed over walls and all sorts in them. They're indestructible!

Advertisement