Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnum P.I. - US-Pace- CBS (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hawaii Five-0 crossover this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Felt like Hawaii Five-0 set up a different story then Magnum went another way with it
    Things like
    They needed to break the hacker out of prison which they failed at, yet were still able to decrypt the card

I do always find it funny when people who work in professions such as law enforcement and spywork leave their laptops as insecure as possible, never mind the fact that they tear Steve's house apart but leave the laptop behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Higgins hair a wig?

3 starts tomorrow night on Sky 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's brainless entertainment - doesn't try to be anything more and it's enjoyable enough

• Advertisement

They are running out of ideas though. Like the twist in the first episode of the season was obvious because they've done it plenty of times before. And between this and Five 0, how many times have they been stuck in the jungle while being hunted like in episode 2?

I don't watch MacGyver, but I assume Microsoft are involved with that as well.
    I was watching this week's episode of Magnum and wondered why they continue to be involved with the series. Using their products is one thing, but the fact a lot of investigations involve hacking into other people's email (outlook) and cloud storage (OneDrive), you'd think they wouldn't exactly want that shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 4th season.

Devon Sawa joins in a multi episode arc

Watching this week's Magnum

The bad guys were supposedly pros at their job, tearing the house apart searching for something and didn't think to search the purse that was sitting on the counter?

Bit like that episode of Police Squad where they take a car apart looking for drugs and they were just in the glove box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I saw the first episode and new Magnum and it was okay but just didn’t hook me.

New Hawaii 5-0 is great fun. Or it was - I haven’t seen it since the season that ended with Steve sick from radiation and Kino leaving. Stopped using a VPN on Netflix and nowhere else to see it.

Don’t know what it was like without Kono or Chin Ho but they had a lot of supporting characters in the show more often than they needed be. Hurley from Lost didn’t need to be in every episode .

I turned off a few minutes McGyver into the first episode when he killed people and used a gun (I think). MacGyver doesn’t do that.

It grows on you. I like the new Higgins even tho everyone seems to hate her, they should have gone back and watched some of the originals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

i did like the new Higgins plus she is gorgeous - she was in the last season of Penny Dreadful.

They don’t make her and Magnum a couple do they?

I’m hoping Hawaii 5-0 (both of them) will be on Paramount+ when it comes here. I will give Magnum a look at some stage.

But my current watchlist is over populated as it is.

They don’t make her and Magnum a couple do they?

It's played with but never goes there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That's a damn shame

Just rotating the Hawaii shows. Five-0 overlapped with Magnum before cancellation and now Magnum overlapped with NCIS before cancellation and also before any crossover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Surprising to hear. Thought it would have gotten a few more seasons as hey, it lasted 4. It had some audience but I guess that audience wasn't big enough to warrant more.

Always thought that Tom Sellick would have appeared as Robin in the final episode or something. Even tho he said he would never appear on the show - nice payday would change that. Guess we will never know.

I notice CBS have higher expectations than other networks. They're so used to NCIS level numbers that they cancel shows with numbers other networks would be delighted with

Its cancellation came after lengthy and complex talks between CBS and lead studio Universal Television, which also is behind CBS’ FBI franchise and The Equalizer. Following tough negotiations, the other four series, which are among CBS’ top ratings performers, received multi-season renewals.

I hear Magnum P.I.’s cancellation was a business decision after the two sides could not come to an agreement on the license fee as lower overall linear ratings have been pushing down on what networks are willing to spend on shows. The problem is most pronounced when a series comes from an outside studio as is the case with Magnum P.I.

Also likely factoring into the decision to cancel Magnum P.I. is the strength of CBS’ crop of drama pilots this season, which put additional pressure on the hourlong bubble series.

Looks like it came down to a business decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is that Higgins in the photo being carried by Magnum?

The article mentions Bull being renewed for a sixth season. I thought that was cancelled years ago when Eliza Dushku made that complaint against the star of the show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Magnum was a grand episode of a week type show, leave the brain at home and have it on in the background, I'd say they got some amount of money from the Hawaii tourism board for production.

All it took to make this thread more active was its cancellation. 😀

Hopefully so, its a switch off brain show but I liked it

Reading that all the cast had their contracts renewed made me realise this just be the only series that had had the same regular cast throughout, without increasing or decreasing the numbers.

But good news anyway. Overall it was an easy show to watch, though there are parts that I'm not a fan of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Good to hear. I like Magnum Pi. Like, not sure if people would agree with this. But it's not like the best show you can watch on TV right now but it's a nice, easy watch. If that makes sense?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Absolutely, just have it on in the background, nice easy watch without having to use much brain power.

• Advertisement

Season 5 kicks off tonight on NBC with Magnum and Higgins going undercover as lifeguards

Advertisement