Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kentu

If I ever seen bad vibes

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Can't see them not being available how many he'll pick is another matter. TJ could start on the bench after being whipped off at halftime the last day. Adrian was poor but who would you replace him with? Eoin Cody has to start, the others haven't been first choice since they came back so no surprise if their not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

There are a lot of rumours going around seemingly but aside from as one poster said previously Cody went on a tirade about Henry to the dressing room what else is supposed to have happened or why are posters worried about the team selection? Is it possible that some players have left the panel or is this people adding 2 and 2 and getting 5? I haven't heard a whole lot apart from Cody being displeased but maybe im not in the know as much as some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You're probably right and it is just putting two and two together and then going buck wild speculating over nothing. The lack ofa team got me thinking but there again the dubs haven't named theirs either so probably nothing much to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

If there's a grain of truth to the rumours, I for one hopes it comes to a head soon. We're going nowhere anyway. The senior setup needs sorting but more importantly, as mentioned by many, the underage structures need immediate attention starting with what Laois did to beat our minors.

Agreed. I'm coming home to Ireland this summer in July and am hoping for a miracle where we nip into a final, so I can go to one again for the first time in nearly a decade, even if we haven't a chance of winning (but there again if you're in a final you've always a chance!).

But at this stage a miracle is exactly what that would be, and even if it happened it would probably just mean the can being kicked down the road on what needs to be done to sustain longer term success.

Still, hoping for a good strong performance tomorrow to put the rumours to bed, Cody has never tolerated dissent but he's also never been accused of the kind of behaviour that's alleged against him at the moment. Strange times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭kksaints

TJ is starting anyway from the text the supporters club sent out. So is Buckley which baffles me tbh after the Galway match. No Huw Lawlor on the panel.

KILvDUB E Murphy M Butler C Delaney T Walsh M Carey P Deegan C Browne J Maher C Buckley W Walsh P Walsh A Mullen B Ryan TJ Reid E Cody Subs D Brennan D Corcoran R Reid D Blanchfield C Fogarty C Kenny A Murphy J Donnelly M Keoghan R Leahy T Phelan Team supplied by KGSC in association with UPMC Nowlan Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Lawlor went down twice during the Galway game with his hand and supposedly has a fracture or break in a finger. Heard there's a small chance he'll be ready for the Wexford game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

So much for all the rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

It's not a great team is it? Nothing against them personally but what have Buckley or Browne done to warrant starting again?

We are always going to be in trouble with Lawler out but there's lads on the bench who have a right to be very pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

phew, Lawlor was expected, at least there's noone else missing, should never listen to rumours. Think they should win ok, dont think much of Dublins forwards, Dublin backs seem reluctant to play the ball into them, doesn't look like they have much confidence in them either to win a ball. No surprises in the selection, expect they'll start as named

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

I'd be shocked if that team lines out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

Is that not what you said the last time for Galway

need both Limerick and Waterford in the other semi to have any chance of that. A lot needs to go right

I never thought it was likely, although going into the championship I didn't necessarily think Waterford are anything to fear. I still don't. Just that we are going downhill fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

The dressing room thing is probably well hyped. Cody might have said something about Kilkenny men with Galway in the heat of it and it grew legs.

The oul saying comes to mind about believing none of what you hear and half what you see!

A win tomorrow and the narrative changes.

7 of that Laois minor team lost to Kildare last year. Covid effected training a bit. But some turn around. The captain Eoin Cuddy is a grandson of PJ, who had many a battle with Brian Cody. The older posters might remember from the 80s and 90s, when Laois seniors were better.

Around the early to late 80s Offaly, Laois, Wexford, Dublin, the traditional Leinster counties could hold their own. Westmeath also had a league win over Kilkenny and were good on their day. Would be nice to have Leinster hurling like that again. Where Galway aren't needed as much to make the province competitive.

think he lost confidence in Blanchfield in the westmeath game, think he needs another year anyway. Who else would you change? James Maher isn't going too well this year, hope he can turn things around. May as well start Buckley and see how he goes, Alan Murphy will be on at some stage. Donnelly and Keoghan aren't going too well, will see Donnelly on at some stage as well. And Richie Reid is not going to start no matter what by the looks of it. Leahy is on the bench, dont know how hes going

• Advertisement

KK, Galway and Tipp have gone back a long way in the last while. Dont think they're any better than they were previously alright

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭The_Tank

Feels like a dummy team. Wasn’t picked on the last match anyways though to be honest our issue is the players we swap in and out are much of a muchness. That said, why not Blanchfield at midfield if he’s not actually starting in the backs.

Not coughing up a load of scores from mistakes would be more important, though we flunked the first real test that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭kksaints

But he did start Buckley against Galway and he was completely anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Comerman

Why can't you delete posts any more? Best of luck to the team tomorrow, can't be easy with whatever shite is going on in the background

Kenny is another thats not going to start again due to the westmeath game i think, along with Keoghan. Leahy/Fogarty haven't played, bench is fairly limited, going for experience and physicality

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭GalwayMark

Well I'm sorry but Galway are staying in Leinster for the forseeable future in hurling competitions until the provincials are fully abolished and there's no way the Leinster Council is going to risk financially or reputationally by getting rid of a team which has brought a bit more competitiveness compared to the way things were before so forget any thoughts of expelling Galway and maybe just accept it and move on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

When I say we wouldn't need Galway to have a competitive Leinster. I meant the traditional province of Leinster's teams would be competitive. That we wouldn't be relying on Galway as the only team who regularly put it up to Kilkenny. If you read my post you'll see I never mentioned anything about omitting Galway. As a Leinster man I hope the teams, in the province geographically, who have tradition improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Achilles Knee

Woah! The poster never said excluding Galway. Just wants Offaly, Laois etc better at senior. Calm yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Huw will obviously be a huge loss. He was outstanding in the league match against ronan hayes who on his day can cause trouble with his direct running . Huw has great pace and has grown into that troublesome position that was causing us trouble.Delaney looked to be the next full back before he got injured a few years ago but he has had a good few injuries over the last few years and hasn't really kicked on. I would be worried about his pace but he was probably the only option without making wholesale changes. Tommy never looks comfortable at 3 at this level. Dublin will surely go after our full back line.

People saying blanchfield and Kenny are suffering from the westmeath match. I agree they both might need another year of s&c but anyone at the galway match could see alot of our lads were desperate on the day but are picked again.We were absolutely shocking in that first half.I think it's a bit stupid picking dummy teams but maybe this will start but I'd be suprised. I could see blanchfield starting and browne pushing up for Buckley. We can't afford to give donal Burke a few run of parnel Park. This is a must win game for kk so there's pressure on.

Advertisement