Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

It suggests he's 99% but they decided not to risk him and he'd being saved to do a job on Modric and Kroos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone bought from the club store online recently? Want to see if I’ll be charged for customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I bought something B4 Xmas, for around 40 quid, and I wasn't charged anything extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I went to buy some stuff last year but the shipping costs were ridiculous, so I left it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now Falk is saying the Mane story is true guess he was p1ssed someone else beat him to the story when he called the story a lie earlier in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Bought loads in the last few months including the new jersey that arrived today, have never been charged customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool won the 125th year in the FA Cup in 2006 I dunno how now is its 150th this year but can they do it again when it is another big FA occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

2006 was the 125th time the comp was held, the 150th this year is the anniversary of the first one… the two world wars are the reason for the discrepancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

The discrepancy is that it's 26 years between 2006, the 125th fa cup, and 2022 which is the 150th. How are 2 world wars in the early 1900's the reason for this discrepancy? Was it not just cancelled one of the covid years??

No there was no cancelled FA Cup final during Covid.

The first FA Cup was a 150 years ago in 1872.

The 125th FA Cup Final was in 2006 due to the two world wars and not in 1997 which would have been the 125th Final if there was no break for the world wars.

This FA Cup Final 2022 is the is the 142nd FA Cup Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I see tuchel saying today that he thinks both kovavic(spelling?) and kante could start tomorrow,no real surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So Haaland got a release clause in his City contract, still holding out for his dream move I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

It’s actually a brilliant piece of business. He is 21 and top of his game, wants Barca or Real, but they can’t afford him. But play for City and when he wants to go, they won’t stand in the way and City get a some sort of return on his sale. He can earn top money in a less desirable club while he waits for the big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ah I get you. Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's the wording that caught me.

Edit: now that I think about it its not even 26 years between 2006 and 2022!! 😅 I'm such a dope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Cup final day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

What is with Guardiola and Tuchel and the inferiority complex they have with us? We have not won more than any of these teams since Klopp arrived and yet they keep moaning about us. We have not spent as much as these teams and yet they wonder why other fans may find us more likeable compared to their clubs? And lets be honest, its not that other teams fans want us to win, but they would rather not City or Chelsea win again. If we win consistently in the next couple of years the opinion will turn against us.

"Thomas Tuchel has backed Pep Guardiola’s claim that everybody supports Liverpool and insisted that his Chelsea “bad guys” want the FA Cup trophy, not “the sympathy of the country” on Saturday.

And Tuchel has insisted that Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, who he affectionately referred to as “Kloppo”, is the master of turning his teams into the underdogs to win the public’s affection.

“You know Kloppo is the master of being the underdog. He can talk you into being the underdog against Villareal and against Benfica, and it’s a miracle, miracle how they even draw against them. He can talk you into it and he does it all the time, he does it a lot of times. That’s part of it, that’s also from where the sympathy comes.

“There’s nothing to be jealous of from my side, Kloppo is a fantastic guy, a funny guy, one of very, very best coaches in the world and that’s what he does. When he trained Dortmund, the whole country loved Dortmund. So now he trains Liverpool and you have the feeling the whole country loves Liverpool.

“It’s big, big, big credit to him and this is what you deal with when you play a team against him, it’s always like this, but it’s always the fun part and so if we are the bad guys on Saturday, then no problem. We take that role, we don’t want to have the sympathy of the country, we want to have the trophy.”"

I also never saw Klopp talked us as being underdogs against Villareal or Benfica. He was paying respect to those teams which others seemingly did not do. He would never talk us down but would pay respect to the opposition to not give them material as motivation. Seems we live rent free in both Tuchel and Guardiola's heads. Maybe it would help their club's image if they did not have their type of owners and that they spend without worrying about where the money comes from.

I see Newcastle away jersey/3rd jersey next year is purported to be almost exactly like Saudi Arabia's away jersey. Thank goodness the Premier League had legal guarantees that the Saudi Government would not be in charge of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

It’s simply not true that other teams supporters favour Liverpool over City & Chelsea. Absolutely not true.

Anyway, it’s a beautiful morning, it’s Cup Final day and we are in it. C’mon Redmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I think Guardiola and Tuchel are being lazy and inaccurate with their words.

People are obsessed with Liverpool. Some love, loads absolutely hate and others just accept Liverpool as important.

Rory Smith spoke about it on the Anfield Wrap. He works for the NYT. He'll get more clicks for a negative article on Liverpool or Man U than pretty much any other topic in football including positive articles about those teams or any type of article about city, Chelsea etc.

All it really means is that humans are d*cks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Shocking that Thiago is not among the 6 nominated for player of the season. Shocking stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I kind of hope Pep wins manager of the year so I won't have to listen to him moan about how we won something else that he deserves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Tough match today, I think Chelsea have been focused on this match since they were knocked out of CL, as it's the only silverware they could win. All the focus has been on us and the Quadruple, while Chelsea have crept into the final quietly with no real pressure or expectations and will also want revenge for the league cup. The team has understandably looked tired in the last few matches and Fabinho is a huge loss, wouldn't really be surprised if it went to penalties again, we've played them 3 times this season and all draws. Hopefully we get a good performance today and Salah returns to scoring form, be great to win the cup, would be some consolation for not winning the league and also ease the pressure and boost the confidence going into the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I've been thinking about this Saudi sport washing and have reached a conclusion eventually. Either the West completely breaks off all international diplomatic, cultural and economic ties with Saudi or else everything is on the table. You can't have 1 foot in, 1foot out stances.

Golfers are going there, should they be banned from then playing the European tour? Should we not sell them our butter because they like a mass beheading? If so, then cut ALL ties or be a hypocrite and do the hokey pokey with 1 foot in / out. European owned energy companies buying Saudi oil? No way pal, they're barred like the Russians now.

I don't want to hear anything else about sport washing unless you have a magic formula to not look like the biggest hypocrite since Jeffrey Donaldson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭McFly85

But sportswashing is designed to let these countries continue to do business by changing their foreign image to something that is more palatable to western countries without having to change any of their internal laws or procedures.

They want to be able to announce deals with other countries without the population of that country protesting. Sportswashing changes the conversation while giving them an army of ready made defenders.

I don’t see how calling that out for what it is is in any way hypocritical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

This is obviously not the forum for such discussions but will just say this.. the Saudis already do big business with all of the EU, with massive trade in each direction. Clamping down on sports and marketing but retaining 99 percent of the overall trade is just hypocrisy and placatory to guardian readers and twitter evangelistas.

Cup final day. We need our midfield trio in prime form today, we're better than them so let's show it today lads. Come on ye red mennnnn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Arsenal and Chelsea have dominated the FA Cup in last 20 years or so, appearing 18 times.

Chelsea lost last year, and year before in the final, will it be a 3rd loss, hard to see it, another thing to overcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

BBC do a great cup final day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Big game for Naby, if he performs well it could make the difference.

• Advertisement

Lukaku starting for Chelsea.

I guess we won't see Ox or Minamino again in a Liverpool shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That instantly justifies the selection of Konate. His pace and strength is much more suited to neutralising Lukaku than Matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Rather Matip was starting. JK probably giving him this one and CL to Matip

Jaysus I'm a mess..can't imagine what I'm going to like in two weeks. Even at my age it still gets you games like these. Fear, excitement, what ifs..can we not just win 4-0 to save the torture..

Let's go redmen, YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if klopp sees the league gone i reckon a skeleton crew will play our last game in the league,maybe then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i know people are unhappy with city/psg/toon/..lesser extent chelsea,and their fake income etc,sportswashing etc...but how do we feel about those clubs buying our clubs players for huge sums,over the odds money,and we benefit because of it?

can we celebrate our good business done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Could be another long evening in store between these 2,been nothing between them in 3 previous games this season let's sit back relax with a few beers and see what happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

I much rather how seen Matip to be honest. For the added pace and strength he doesnt have the same defensive awareness as Matip. Matip is no slouch either. He was excellent against Villa moving up at all the right time for offsides while I thought Konate was poor Vs Spurs and played a big part in their goal.

Especially with Fab missing in front of defence it’s going to a very tough game . Keita blows so hot and cold he really needs to deliver today.

• Advertisement

RM and Barca have been paying outrageous sums for players for decades, Juventus have been bankrolled by the Agnelli’s since 1923, MU have been spending vast amounts for 30 yrs, Jack Walker bought the league for Blackburn, so I really don’t see the issue with super rich owners. Liverpools owners are billionaires, we broke two transfer records in a short period and have the best recruitment department in the business. The fact is that all the top teams have wealthy owners, some spend their money like they own the printers, some do not. Such is life.

I mentioned this before, I was in NY when the sports news was all about the contract Manni Rameriz (sic) signed with the Red Sox, it was extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ltd440

Im expecting extra time and penalties, I'd love a stress free game,3-0 at half time but I don't see it happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

People booing their own national Anthem

These UK fans are a simple bunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The fact they’re rich isn’t the problem. As you said, that’s nothing new. It’s that they are inherently political entities, coming into sport with inherently political motivations, and on top of that, are fond of oppressing and killing people on a national/international scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s just the Liverpool fans Toby, and for very good reason if you look into it.

Need to get something soon for all the pressure we are putting onm them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ah lads we should have at least 1 already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Really should be 1 up here. Been all Liverpool first 10 minutes.

This coming from the so called Liverpool supporter who keeps posting those tweets from the guy who used his power and an editor and now works for the Murdochs to destroy lifes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What a ball from Trent to Diaz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

This is a brilliant start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement