Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Peterdalkey

Options
  • 24-04-2022 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Of the many from the ‘original’ crowd who were regular posters here but no longer bother, a few like me put our noses in the see what – if anything -is happening. It’s sad to have to report that a much-respected former contributor died last week. He had several aliases, but possibly was best known as ‘Pedronomix’ and ‘Peterdalkey’. We were friends from our schooldays, thorns in the sides of a few pompous teachers and as we entered the business world in separate professions continued to scorn political correctness and detest BS. He despised those who refuse to rectify mistakes or reject the need to remedy obvious blunders. He called it as he saw it, and sometimes did so bluntly, which brought numerous warnings, infractions, and threats of a ban from a pompous mod. in this forum.  He would quit in disgust but after a break would return under a new alias, such was his spirit of giving and sharing his expertise. Our careers kept us apart but when we met it always was enjoyable. When I last bumped into him it was by accident in a local hotel where he had arranged to meet a young entrepreneur he was mentoring (pro bono). One of the good guys, he will be missed.RIP

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

RIP.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

I was on boards a few years ago when I lived in the south and he was a great poster. He had no time for wafflers and told them things they did not want to hear. All of which was very sage advice.

Many disagreed with him, but he was rarely wrong.

Put his names into the search bar and you'll see many of his musings and how the admins tried (unsuccessfully) to cool his rants :) That was back in the day when this thread would have numerous postings a day and he had the time to comment on many using what in no doubt were many years of experience.

Hope he's making as much strife wherever he believed he has headed to.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Sad to hear. Peter had a tough bedside manner, but great advice and insights. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

RIP. Peter was a very helpful poster. He will be missed.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sad news.

I have fond recollections of quite a few tussles with Peter over the years. He was a great contributor, always willing to help anyone. Unfortunately, it was his tone that sometimes let him down.

I even became a customer of his business and always admired how his first priority, when it failed, was finding employment for all his former staff.

I wonder does the other Pedro know?

RIP Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Yes the other Pedro is aware. That account is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Jaysus, I've just worked out who he was. (Rip.ie)

I had a business in Dublin many years ago before moving back North and used a lot of bubble wrap. 😁

Later my publicity mailings became very "snazzy" 🤣

Feck, if I had known.

Character and really hard worker. Did he ever wear a suit? 😁

Im sure if theres a God he will be up there pointing out he is not qualified to be the creator!

☺️ Nope, but he certainly would be saying ‘You could have done a better job!’ and pointing out where there was room for improvement. He had an engineering background and like all those of that persuasion had a firm belief and confidence that nobody knew better on how things should work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

I would take the Dart out to I think Booterstown and then walk up that slight hill to a hotel/pub on the left.

The first time I met Peter for mentoring is still engrained in memory as if it were yesterday. He really did call it as he saw it.

His advice was always to the point and extremely helpful in washing out any silly notions I may have had.

A true Gent who ran the small firms association for some 2 decades , a fountain of knowledge and hilariously funny to boot.

I will sorely miss you old Friend. And thanks to you , I'm still in Business.

It is getting rather dusty in this room , or else it is raining indoors, so I'll pause this homage for now.

Rest In Peace.

-Sysprog

Dalkey Dart, Killiney Castle Hotel..

Advertisement