Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I've used gaa go when on holidays and I signed up for the covid pass when it was available and never had a single issue. It was flawless.

I didnt realise the game was available to Irish customers so thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Have not used it often. But I managed to watch a match with a VPN before on GAA go and it worked grand. Was terrified to click out of it though!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I am hoping that the hurlers give it good lash so they lead by example for the footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I assume seeing as no one in Ireland is showing it there allowing it to be streamed anywhere.

Ah that makes it much easier if it is allowed to be streamed in Ireland. You have no hassle so.

• Advertisement

Wanna watch the Kildare match but won't be paying a tenner for that as well ha ha. That will be iptv job! The only reason im not doing the same for Dublin match is the GAA GO streams can be unreliable via iptv.

Walking through town on me break there I seen Paul Caffery in one place and Jim Gavin five minutes later not that far away! What are the odds! Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Same old, same old vs Kilkenny. Dublin just struggle against them..Hard to see them get anything here, hope I'm wrong!

That goal should seal it for KK!

Some result for Westmeath, drawing v Wexford!!!

• Advertisement

14 points at the moment. It's a bit embarrassing TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Good old fashion hammering decent enough first half but second was a real shocker .Don't follow the hurlers that closely but we really are as far away as ever .Would think it's Mattie's last year no improvement at all it seems must be disheartening for the lads .

It was shocking because they gave up. Normally Dublin hurlers have are persistent and persevere. At least stay in games. Ok did not expect the Dubs to win. But there are good ways to lose this was not one of them. The Cats outworked Dublin. Never mind the difference in class of the forwards of KK. The usual Dublin workrate was missing.

As for the Galway game next. Hoping a flaky Galway shows up. And Dublin fight for every ball and close down the Galway lads, Hoping to see a reaction after that awful stuff today.

Thought the backs did well enough in the first but must have shot their bolt with the ball coming back at them so quick . We can't score a goal when it matters and we did indeed seem to give up the ghost in the second half very disappointed for the hurling lads .

I went to the match this evening, even though I'm not originally from Dublin or Kilkenny. People are looking to blame Matty Kenny, but the reality is that the Dublin hurlers just aren't good enough. They aren't a million miles away, and had a lovely victory over a pathetic Galway team last year, but they just wouldn't be operating to the same standard as Galway or Kilkenny in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Yeah most of our backs had fine games when the game was a contest. I think Cian O'Callaghan won every contest for possession who threw himself into. Burke and Crummey played well too. It's difficult when the ball keeps coming back at you though. 10 - 15 contributed very little.

Whitely, McBride, Mellett and Burke (not for the first time against KK) were physically not able for their markers. Once they kept Sutcliffe and Hayes quiet the writing was on the wall.

It's more disappointing than that though. Watch the Kilkenny forwards when a Dublin back is in possession and compare it to Dublin forwards reaction when a Kilkenny back has it. Night and day. Kilkenny back unchallenged V Dublin back surrounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Thought the Dublin defense put up a great battle for 60 minutes and were waisted in the end after pumping endless good ball into the forwards but the first touch let them down time after time. Dubs need some natural scoring forwards which seems to be a problem for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Gael85

Looking like David Byrne and McDaid out for season with injuries. We will be lucky to win any silverware this year. Good chance for Meath today.

No disrespt to anyone but the subs named look really ordinary the well must have really run dry . I expect to get over today but if we are struggling we have nothing to call on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Jesus meath are bad. But they prob could of had another 1-4 in that half were they even half decent. Still not convinced Dublin are right at the back. Rocks give ball away few times , Kildare game should be a proper test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

As a neutral, Dublin were very sloppy early on. Meath are terrible though. Hard to believe this is now supposedly 2 Division Two teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Meath are woejus!

Well it went easier than I thought have to say Meath were awful so not sure what we learnt .We got sloppy in the second half though hard to keep up the level of the first I suppose . Would have liked to see us hit a couple of goals but will wait and see how the next one goes . We proberly beat the same opposition easier this year than last so might be a good sign .

Decent performance overall by Dublin, really good first half, not as good in the second half but probably to be expected - the contest was over at half-time. The energy is much better than in the league, the play is more direct but suspicions remain around the defence, Meath got in for 3/4 decent goal chances and better teams will execute better.

Kildare will be a decent test as they have a good range of dynamic forwards, though Westmeath perhaps showed today that the hype around Kildare is maybe a little misplaced, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Mick Fitz had a mare today. Right from the first attack he was under pressure. Fullback is going to cause us all sorts of problems when we face better forwards than today. Murchan was given license to bomb forward but we were light at the back a few times in that first half and could have been punished.

Howard had a great game I thought. His positional sense and playmaking were top notch today.

Rock is turning more and more into a passenger with each game unfortunately.

Happy enough with that performance. On to Kildare now for what should be a good game.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

I definitely see us conceding goals against the better teams .I know every team proberly leaves scores behind but Meath left at least one goal behind in the first half .

Meath played like minors left Dublin loads of space unchallenged. And the Dublin forwards unchallenged looked very accurate. Very few wides I would say?

Meath keeper helped Dublin unable to find his man. Giving possession away. Dublin had to do very little work to win ball.

Win looks good on scoreboard but anyone watching the game will know it papered over cracks. Meath won the second half. Also the few times Meath managed to run at the Dublin back line first minute and 49th minute it was chaos. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kildare get three goals with the forwards they have.

Interesting you say that about Kildare. Asked Kildare man last week about Westmeath game. He said Kildare do not play well against teams like Westmeath in Croke Park. Implying that they don’t get fully tuned in for those type of games.

• Advertisement

Meath could do with a few of those Cavan forwards and goalie as well!

Advertisement