Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Lehane is past it I'm afraid. Never did it in a Cork Jersey sad to say with all of his talent. Goes missing always in the biggest occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Westmeath showed tonight what happens if you take an opponent for granted. If Waterford do that tomorrow we will lose. Only Waterford can control that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

well if there's one thing i learned in my 36 years on this planet,and i dont claim to know much , is cork are cork are cork , they have too much pride to roll over, look at wex v westmeath tonight, nothing should be taken for granted. theres a battle for pride if nothing else to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 38,316 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very true, we can't take any team for granted esp Cork who are hurt

This bollocks of -ooh we'll beat them by 8+ points because others done it etc' is very dangerous talk

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, weather seems to be great too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I think myself that Kingston tactically makes huge mistakes and physically this Cork team will struggle against a big unit like Waterford. I hope its competitive but I just can't see Cork getting close to Waterford tomorrow. I could be wrong like you say but the Clare game summed it up for me. That was the game I was expecting Cork to put in a performance and game was as good as over at half time. Hopefully we get a great game and Cork turn up and may the best team win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

A cork win would be disastrous and probably signal end of the season……even a victory and then A loss to da banner might not be enough…😡 either way if Waterford want to be considered contenders for the ‘big one’ then both Clare and cork should be brushed aside relative ease….something tells me though that tomorrow could be difficult….Couple of predictions as follows…….

1. opening score Jamie Barron pt
    2. P. Horgan to be cork top scorer 0-13 with 11 from placed balls
    3. Waterford primary and top scorer to be Stephen Bennett 1-13 with 0-9 from placed balls
    4. Austin Gleeson to get a needless red card with 20 mins to go……
    5. cork will introduce a ‘super-sub’ with ten mins to go and he will score 1-3 to win the game for them
    6. final score to be……langers 1-28 w’ford 2-20
    7. MoM - hoggy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

There is every possibility that some of the above could come to fruition

Post edited by Asdfgh2020 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paddy13

@DammoThere is every possibility that the above could come to fruition

I hope you are high on something if you believe there is "every possibility" of your predictions to come through. For all them to come through is extremely high.

Predict Cork win and Hoggie top scorer. Please try to back all these in the bookies if you really believe all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Spare ticket for East terrace if anyone is short.

just placed a few bets ….Some good odds out there on various outcomes…..hoggy to get top scorer/MoM And cork to win by 5pts or more 33/1……

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Cake Man

The very best of luck to Liam and the lads today. Start well with a savage work rate, high intensity and get the running/overlapping game going from the first ball and we’ll hopefully be fine.

Cork will surely have to come out with something, this is very much last chance saloon for Kingston and many players on that team so I’ve no doubt they’ll be up for it.

Need big games from the usual suspects- Aussie, Dessie, Stephen Bennett, Barron and Tadgh. Jack Prendergast, Calum Lyons and Cathrach Daly should continue their good form.

I’ll go with a 5pt win after a big battle.

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dammo

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Huge game for us today, a season defining game that we have to win.

The best of luck to Liam and the players today and hopefully we will be celebrating a famous win later this afternoon. Up the Deise...

Best of luck to the team and management today

Massive game that will define our season

Great crowd up here already

Terrible performance from us so far, not winning ball and our puck outs are terrible

Summer hanging in the balance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭decies

Too predictable, too sloppy and too many unforced errors . Focus and relax !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Not getting much from midfield pairing.

Stiff enough breeze in our favour 2nd half.

Aussie 3 shots, 3 points from play despite Cork no. 2 up his h**e.

Summer over for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭OEP

Bennett needs to be dropped, he is offering nothing from play and has been poor from frees in all of the games so far.

Sure what's the point we only have one game left

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ballpaddy

It remains to be seen if you can win anything in the championship with a liability like Austin gleeson on your team, flawed genius

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Well that was a disaster

really don’t know what to say. We don’t deserve to qualify after that performance

Management have a lot to answer for too, no puck out strategy whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭loves_me_county_boy

We don’t deserve to go through after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭MfMan

Not the only problem for the Deise today however. Though that indiscipline is always in his make-up, Gleeson was a leader today (as he is so often for Waterford) when others failed to step up.

Advertisement