Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Dublin will clean out them two lads in midfield if thats how the team starts, the Dubs were excellent in the middle v Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Rosita

If Kilkenny beat Wexford they will progress to the next phase no matter what happens against Dublin. In that sense tonight is not strictly 'must win'. Just that a few people have said this but Kilkenny do have a safety net.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

Couldn’t be confident of beating Wexford if they can’t beat Dublin.

Be nice to get to half time without needing substitutions. Plenty of other players with room to improve from the last day as well. Unless leahy or fogarty have been going well in training I can’t see any change, looks like his preferred starting team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Id be suprised if that team starts. Cody made 2 changes before the second half v galway. Normally when he makes changes like that those 2 players don't start the next day. Sadly his options mat not improve matters

Would like to see a better performance than the last day but I haven’t seen anything from Dublin to suggest that the same performance tonight wouldn’t be good enough to win the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Rumours of 3 changes to the team... Mossy, R. Reid and Kenny, may not be true.

Had enough rumours for one week :)

Kenny isn’t physically up to it yet. Reid be a surprise. Hopefully no other injuries if true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭me89

All 3 start and Alan Murphy.

Browne, J Maher, B Ryan and Buckley out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Why are we persisting with long puck out and getting absolutely wiped out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ballpaddy

Wexford and westmeath draw, kilkenny garenteed a top 3 finish in leinster, beat wexford and we are in the leinster final, its not all doom and gloom, well done to all involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭me89

Great performance, can't ask for much more. Hopefully that puts all the stupid rumours to bed

Richie Reid my man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

Wouldn't Kilkenny be out if Wexford win and Dublin beat Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Good win. Can't complain. Dublin pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭kksaints

Have to be pleased with that result, Cody's changes prematch worked a treat. Only issue is our puckouts which are still very erratic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Is it on head to head?

We're on +55 and Wexford are +26. Agreed on Reid being very good.

I won't read too much into this game though as Dublin were really really really ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

Fairly sure it's head to head if 2 teams are tied and points difference if more than 2 are tied. I could be wrong though

Yeah we would be on bother then all rite, head to head with 2 teams on the same points, hard to know where wexford and dublin are mentally after this weekend s matches,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

Kilkenny weren't good in the first half alot of missed placed passes and over hit ball. I don't know what it is with Murphy but he hit a lot of long balls when there was free men in midfield. I was standing behind the goal he never seemed to see them Mullen especially. He was different in the second hitting the corner backs more frequently. Christ TJ is a magician the second goal was thing if beauty. A nice win and the onus off next week so a chance to sharpen up the close passing

We are guaranteed 3rd position as we've head to head win over Dublin and huge scoring difference. I wouldn't get too carried away,we hurled well in the 2nd half but Dublin are very poor and wexford aren't much better.

Delighted for Richie Reid he was getting a raw deal despite being the best club number 6 in the country. We are dogged and hard working and always bring the fight to the opposition.No matter what supposed to have happened the players are still playing for each other and for kk.We cant get away from the fact we were cleaned out on puckouts and alot of the times we got scores from breaking ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Charlie69

If Dublin beat Galway and we lose to Wexford we are out... Can't see those results happening but anything is possible.

• Advertisement

Looking at the table again, I'm not sure kilkenny can finish 3rd at all, 1st 2nd or 4th more likely 🙉🙉

I know anything is possible but Dublin are very limited. I know they've a good record against galway but I'd be shocked if Dublin beat galway. We should be beating wexford at home aswell

Is it not head to head first then scoring difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

If Dublin beat Galway and we beat Wexford, we’d be playing Dublin. Whilst I’d fancy Dublin to beat Galway a lot of the time, I can’t see it happening next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dublin beat Galway and kilkenny draw with Wexford?

Dublin beat Galway? No chance, they’re brutal. Don’t think I would be too excited about the performance this evening, good result but they gave Dublin way too much space in the first half, marking was non existent. Don’t know where the midfield and half forward lines disappeared to for some of it. Dublin looked like they had extra players swarming midfield. No forwards killed them. Both Dublin and Wexford have gone back a long way, can’t see either getting a result next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

I have to admit when I heard Cian Kenny was starting at corner forward in a 2 man full forward line I thought Cody had lost the plot. Not sure that is going to be his position when he nails down a starting position. Credit to the players for putting in a battling performance, every chance of getting through to a Leinster final. Obviously flattered by a poor Dublin performance whose touch was poor. Richie Reid used the ball well, Keoghan gave his all as usual. Thought Eoin Cody deserved a few frees but showed a good attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Richie Reid had a good game. Thought Mikey Carey was solid also. Mullen took some lovely scores.

A word for the players after the match was over. I have never seen a mob of people gather around anyone as fast as they gathered around TJ tonight. He must have signed 100s of hurls, sliotars and jerseys. He had to give up in the end and be brought back to the dressing room or he would still be there. Eoin Murphy stayed on the pitch for ages afterwards also and gave away all his extra kit etc to the kids getting pics and autographs from him and had a word for everyone of them-great to see. Adrian Mullen, Eoin Cody, John Donnelly, Mikey Butler and David Blanchfield all hung around for ages too signing and having pics taken. In fairness to Brian Cody he did his best to sign and pose for pics while being dragged from one interview to the next. Super to see and it meant so much to the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Savage workrate( as always in fairness) which is the basis for any good performance and I think another step in the right direction as regards our style of play.

Stupid Rumours?? I think at this stage everyone has heard what was said in the dressing room. Totally unacceptable at this level from a man who really should know better.

Finally I agree RR was very good and took his chance superbly. I'm also a huge fan of Cian Kenny, a bright future ahead of him. Only complaint is I'd love to see Blanchfield more involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

As mentioned a few posts ago, the highlight of the game for me was TJ's magic for the second goal. No where to go, on the end line, and then suddenly he has all the time and space in the world to caress the ball back to Mossy. Anyway, I'd still think we're a long way from Limerick's power and brilliance...but closing the gap.

Advertisement