Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭reni10

Paulstown is Applegreen and Carlow is Circle K.

They should be forced to either install their own chargers asap or they need to allow another company to install as the M9 needs chargers right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

So made it back 😀. Twice tried to get a bit of juice in Dungarvan but the one ESB CCS unit was in use. Came back via ballacolla. Only had to stop for 10 mins. 7 empty stalls. The service is so good at the supercharger sites makes it more annoying none on the Waterford route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭reni10

Thats a fairly significant detour to Ballacolla because there are no chargers in Waterford or on the M9, how long did the detour add to the journey?

It really is not good enough on a 140km motorway to have so few options for ev charging...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Should have been 20 mins journey time but motorway was closed at Cashel so had to divert. Not the worst but the road from dungarvan to M8 isn’t one I’d fancy in dark or winter. Was stunning tonight!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just leaving this article here for context. Some might remember last year when the anti-Tesla were going on about MIC build issues including brake failures etc

It May all actually have been false according to this report stating that Tesla are persuing the people who spread the info and drivers admitting they lied!

https://insideevs.com/news/584899/tesla-china-owner-admits-lying-brake-failure/?fbclid=IwAR2D4hTSmFzk_yTv5xalXNh42cSczx-sNAhMqELBsPtPlPN0uRafey-X1Qs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I must be one of the only Tesla owners whose car hasn't fell apart. Just over a year now and the bumpers haven't come off. All the wheels are still on it. Hell even the panel gaps are good on it. It must have been a "faulty good" car that I got.

Post edited by mfceiling on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Same here, not 1 single issue, a bit boring to report on.. and I have probably one of the first M3Ps registered in the country, 02/11/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I think what I have is "kerb gouge" not "kerb rash". In addition to the occasional run in with the kerb, I struck a high kerb turning out of the underground car park in the Pavillions (that's the big keep gash in the before image).

I put 3 coats on, and used a paint brush to evenly spread, applying more into the deeper parts. This obviously need to be completely sanded, and in the case of the deep....much sanding! Just applied the clearcoat today, its still wet/visible in the after.

BEFORE

AFTER

I mean it still very visible, but if you stand 2m back you really cannot see it anymore as the paint blends.

I'm pleased with the results.

My plan is to continue to rash it until its flush, at which point this wont happen anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yours looks a 'bit' worse than mine, on mine there was a few gauges but not so deep. Sanding followed by more coats would probably help in your case to knock of the high spots, eventually filling the gauges. I found that when painted at least the visible silver damaged bit has vanished.

Big improvement though in your case..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I placed a reservation for an M3 standard at the end of April, and done all the pre-delivery tasks as far as I can see, however I’ve gotten a few texts now saying the below.

Prioritize your delivery by providing payment method details and completing your pre-delivery tasks.

I’ve selected the Hire Purchase with AIB finance and leasing option and there doesn’t seem to be anymore I do - did anyone else find this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Daithi88

Was the exact same for me..

I ordered on 15-Mar and also selected AIB hire purchase. I completed the other steps in the account but could not progress this one any further.

I also got the same texts as you but ignored them. After the 3rd text I jumped on the online chat and asked the rep was there anything expected of me. He said no, the delivery team will contact me in regards finance. Approx 2 days later, I get an email with finance application form and was approved in 24 hours! This all happened about 1 month after I placed the initial order.

So now all steps complete in my account and patiently waiting for a VIN, but from reading other forums it looks like we could be waiting for quiet a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Ok, thanks for that - I should hopefully hear from them soon. The long wait will then begin.

You did this recently, is the interest rate the best with the AIB finance and leasing? I see you can choose the third party provider also

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daithi88

Ya it worked out the best for me anyway at 4.9%. Local credit union was ~7.5% and my bank was something similar.

Maybe try get hold of a rep on the online chat and give them a gentle nudge.. and at least you’ll get all actions on your account complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I added in third party provider when completing the details a couple of weeks ago. They are offering PCP finance via First Auto Finance now, 4.95% APR. It wasn't listed on the website as a finance option the last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

There is a ship "Theban" carrying Teslas on the high seas with a destination Zeebrugge (arrival estimated 14th June). For those who may not be aware this is the route for supplying Tesla to the Irish market. It may bode well for those who have EDD with likelihood for a push towards the end of June as the cars would also need to find their way to Dublin from Zeebrugge. Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

If you get some filler from Halfords, you can create a smooth finish before painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Very interest to find out more about the pcp, where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I went to Tesla Sandyford and did a test drive. I asked one of the sales advisors if PCP was available. He said it wasn’t available on the website yet, but they can give you a quote.

Fair bit of driving today, kept a record if anyone interested..

Left home Co Wexford, 100% battery to Cobh then to Cork. Strong headwind, damp roads, no rain, but mild enough. At speed limit where possible, but almost no motorways. Filled back up at Mahon to 100%, took 24kWh after 162kms.

Return trip home 143kms with tail wind, but cooler (Approx 13C) and very wet roads used 33% of battery.

Took screenshot of app, impressed again with the speed at such a high SOC. Car screen seems to show about 2 kW less. Did not really need to charge at all, would probably have arrived home after 305kms with about 25%. (And saved myself 24 x €0.39 = €9.36 )😊

She's a good one alright, no problem getting over 400km real world so it seems. I am sure more careful drivers could well better it with the right conditions.

The difference between the lower kw speed on car screen and the actual charger may be due to the fact that some energy goes to precondition the battery (for max efficiency/charging speed) to heat it to right temp. I think those amber colour symbols (3) indicates when battery is being heated, which means that a small amount of power is diverted towards this function as opposed to just going to charge battery.

Just a view

• Advertisement

Yes, more than likely correct. Noticed the heater symbol and could hear the fan running. I didn't set the SUC as a destination in navigation as didn't need to pre heat the battery due to not needing to get away in a hurry.

That explains it. I recently pulled on to Ionity in Gorey and started a charge and was happy with speed (84kw). I went in to get a coffee and when i returned parked next to my car was another Tesla. I looked at the charger and could see he was sucking charge at much higher levels of something like 180kw. I asked him and he had set the charge point within the Navigate function so when he arrived battery was preconditioned and able to charge at double my speed. I had thought (i was wrong) that because i had driven approx 70km before charging that battery would be warmed up sufficiently. Apparently not...lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Dropped our Model 3 to the service centre on Tuesday for a new tail light (excessive condensation) and problems with the intermittent boot lid issue (it only semi opens and beeps). The parts were not in stock so a ranger will call over next month to replace the light and the electric strut.

Test drove the Y at the same time. It's a good looking car in person and the higher driving position was nice when exiting the car. Also the boot space looked very functional and it had even more hidden space underneath than the 3. However it was noticeably slower in acceleration compared to our LR and the handling felt a bit less precise as well. I had been toying with the idea of upgrading to Y due to a dog but as it didn't scream "buy" to me, the current car will stay. I did really like the red colour though and the standard white now looks quite bland.

If I was buying now and the money was not an object I would probably get the Y for the functionality. But knowing that our 3 last year was less than 59k and now 68/73 depending on which model you go for in LR form, a 3 RWD would be a no brainer. If you can fit everybody/every animal in it that is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If a Long Range or Performance model it would charge faster anyhow (assuming you have a SR/RWD), plus if you are on the road a few hours in warm weather no real advantage in pre heating.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Am looking forward to trying the SUC at Sandyford once it finally opens. The Chargers have been installed for about 4 weeks and site looks complete but appears as though they have yet to be connected.

I intend to do most of my charging at home and am searching the best electricity plan (we are now a 2 car EV family)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Welcome to the 2 EV household, we have been like that for over 2 years and never an issue

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Had a go of one of these for a few minutes last week (SR not sure if it was the LFP). Was very nice although it braking when you lift off was very strange. Can that be turned off or reduced? Also the sound system was good but all the sound seemed to come from the front. Is it a case of unlocking the rear speakers after you get the car? If so how much is that and is it worth it?

Depending on what version you drive, will depend what sound system you heard.

The standard RWD doesn’t have as a good a system as the LR or P with Premium Interior.

The regenerative braking is in every EV out there. From the 2011 Leaf to the 2022 Porsche! Yes it can be adjusted to suit your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

It was the SR which I think are all rear wheel drive. The audio was good it just all came from the front as far as I could hear so thought the rear speakers might not be activated.

• Advertisement

It could have been balanced to the front. In the settings menu you can move the centre point around.

Advertisement