Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

TOTS Alison makes some incredible saves.

Finding WL tough, I have no TOTS yet which isn’t helping. Should get to 10 wins I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Shame these 3 minute games aren’t just on the weekends. Usually been struggling in these as only time I can usually play these are in the evenings or late night but can get them in during the day at weekends and fare much better - just won 4 on the spin. If only I didn’t have to work during the days in the week 😂

I have Alisson, can’t say he’s definitely any better than any other keeper I’ve used but have noticed he makes a lot of saves with his trailing hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He’s been quality for me. Not just the saves he makes, but he makes cutbacks much tougher on opponents because of his speed. When I see an opponent through on goal and I’m outnumbered, I’m certain they’ve already decided on the cutback, so I charge the keeper and control a defender to cut the passing lane to his spare man. It’s something I’ve always done and I’m sure everyone does, but with Alisson it works even better because his speed closes the gap to the attacker so much quicker and unless it’s a very good player you’re up against, they usually panic and make a mess of it. It means you can play a higher line and rely on the quality and speed of the keeper a bit more. I could never get away with that using Cech.

It’s literally what Liverpool do with him and their defenders in real life as well, so it’s nice to be able to replicate it.

Got 9 wins in the end.

My WW Maignan is a total liability at this point. Total lottery if he’ll save anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've used his prime. If you're used to strikers like Suarez, CR7 etc you can work with him. But if you're more used to Mbappe type strikers etc lean and agile you're not going to like him. But I used to love his cards in Fifa throughout the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Won my last two games to get 11 wins again this week

Was rewarded with RED Ndicka and Muller

Both the 50k and 125k packs were only Boards, BIG YIKES

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Red picks:

91 Schlotterbeck

90 Raum

92 Diaby

90 Raum

90 Kostic

94 Muller

I got 94 Muller too.

Had the option of 95 Neuer but figured Muller could at least be usable as a sub, no way to get Neuer into my team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Struggled to 9 this weekend I was awful won one of my first 9 games not sure why.

got muller as well and an 86 and 89 gold in the packs

I'm going to save all my packs for Ultimate TOTS now, my best chance of packing a TOTS will be during then as there should be loads of them in packs. My pack luck hasn't been great so far so during TOTS and I'm tempted to gamble my fodder on the 92+ moments SBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Used his prime card and loved it, he was absolutely incredible, until 1 day he wasnt, his ai movement stopped, his finishing stopped, he just became bang average over night

I have 45 packs unopened, haven't opened any during TOTS. I was going to keep them for Serie A TOTS but it's too far away, and in WL most teams are stacked with TOTS now.

I think I'm just going to open them, though this week is the worst week probably.

What TOTS are we getting next? La Liga and??

• Advertisement

Why am i meeting teams in champs today with a line of players across their box on what looks a depth of 10 ffs

Just had 3 of the most identical matches i have ever played, lost 1 won 2, over 20 shots on target in each game and couldnt score, last match won 7-6 after extra time, i had 23 shots on target, 7 goals, his donnaruma made 16 saves, he scored 6 from 8 shots lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think those Bundesliga picks are cracked, lol. Did three. IF Mukiele, TOTY Neuer, TOTY Diaby.

Picked up moments Shearer earlier just cos he's cheap, stuck a catalyst on him and 25 goals in 13 games later, he's taking over from Weghorst

You must be getting everyones luck so!! Everyone online has been saying they're muck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

On yesterdays SBC I got a 90 rated TOTS LM and a couple of IF's. I have wasted most my fodder now.

This is my team now:

https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa22/squad/1072481

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭piplip87

So pulled 5 TOTS cards so far Will Keane, 3 Bruno's and an Antony

Funnily enough haven't played since March and come back and get some really good pulls..

Have been playing seasons and it's absolutely brilliant now it has crossplay enabled.

If it's introduced for Ultimate Team next year I will be sticking with Stadia. The ease to play in the bedroom and then walk down stairs turn on the Tele and play down there without needing to move a.console is something else.

Was going to give the Saudi TOTs guarantee a miss but then EA threw a swaps token into it so had to do it - was rewarded with the lowest one I could get, the Serbian keeper 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The x2 84 Bundesliga predictably gave me two 84s :(

Servers are a complete mess tonight! Wanted to play my Bundasliga and Premier League cup games but when I managed to get back on, just kept saying couldn’t find an opponent.

ok no problem, I’ll try and someone of that Saudi TOTs objective in squad battles - managed to play the whole match and got something like 6 crosses to the objective and then got kicked out at the end of the match. Can’t get back on now but assume that’s going to be a 3-0 loss now 😤

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I dont know is it the gameplay or the sweats out in force but Champs has been horrible since TOTS started.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

I finally scored an overhead kick instead of a scissors kick last night to complete the stadium objectives and was rewarded with the VIP Area stadium customisation... but whenever you search the transfer market there's nothing on sale for the VIP Area search... what's the deal?

Anybody finding keepers unbeatable last couple of days, i swear they have increased reaction speed on them or something cos their reflex saves are off the charts

You're probably just facing some of the TOTS keepers, De Gea has been unreal for me.

Yea the TOTS GKs that I have faced are nuts. Alison is the most frustrating for me, struggle to score past him!

• Advertisement

I seem to find cross goal shots he can’t save, but anything in the 6 yard box isn’t getting past him.

Last week i criticised TOTS Alisson, not this week, hes incredible, De Gea is a close 2nd, his reflex saves are ridiculous

even Donnarumma is unreal this week....he make point blank saves this week that last week were certain goals...crock of shite.

All the keepers are, weghorst should have scored about 12-15 headers from corners this week for me, all around 6 yards out, full power but they are making incredible reactive saves

Blue Ndicka to go with my Red Ndicka from the WL ….

Already had Calaguri doing a decent job at RM in my Bundasliga team so of course I pack Diaby from one of those player picks earlier in the week.

Completed the Griffo objective last week so LM sorted, open the TOTs guarantee pack and who pops out - Kostic of course who plays LM 😤

Mood not improved when I decided to open an Ultimate pack in the hope of Bellingham or Nkunku but instead get a Saudi CB 😬

What tots is released this Friday?

Serie a?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Serie A is scheduled for 3 June. La Liga this Friday then next big league is France before Italy

• Advertisement

Finished off the Cantona SBC this morning and…wow. He’s exactly what I’d hoped. He’s amazing up front.

That Vini card is absolutely disgusting.

Just trying out icon players i liked from the past at the minute and took moments Shearer and Van Basten and I absolute moments Shearer, right place, right time, 95% of the time.

Moments Van Basten, hmm, really should be far better then he is, medium attacking workrate is just rubbish considering how good he was, scored goals for me when i got him in position, but getting him there took a lot of L1 passes.

Might try Rush next

I’ve not been doing all the swap tokens, but have enough for the 84x25. Might pop it cause some of those La Liga cards look awesome.

Despite every fibre of my brain telling me not todo it, I done the PL TOTS pick for 19 tokens

Fernandes (Duplicate), Rice (Duplicate) and Allison

Brilliant, Just Brilliant

That Fati objective card has crazy stats, I’m expecting to see him in every team I’ll face this weekend as he’s so easy to get.

On the bench for me, can’t quite fit him in.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed or heard anything about the bundesliga cup? It’s supposed to be 3 minute halves but it definitely isn’t.

Played the Bundes Cup this afternoon and it definitely was 6 minutes a half which is annoying

Seems like the update to the game during the week changed it

I’m not sure exactly how to phrase this.

I think I’m losing at least a rank each week due to people who quit out at 0-0 once they realise they’re going to struggle so simply leave. I’m 3-7 today, and feel I should be at least 3 wins more. But I’m getting into games against weaker teams, dominating for thirty seconds in a way that makes me feel I’m going to get a win….only for them to quit.

I’m not really blaming the players. I get that it’s not fun to get mauled by someone.

But wins are so, so hard to come by in weekend league, so it’s massively off putting when the games I should be winning, the people just quit out and The game shrugs and tells me tough luck.

Start matches against weaker looking teams on ultra attacking with full pressure. In my experience it gets less 0-0 quits because when they get the ball they seem to think they can score (spoiler alert, they usually can’t).

You shouldn’t have to resort to that obviously, and I don’t bother with it much myself anymore but it did make a difference for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Competed three SBC's there to get to 10 swap tokens for the bpl tots pack, I only have Jota and Ruben Dias from previous.

Out pops a second Ruben Dias. Standard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement