Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I'd say that's the end of the Tomohawk X and Tokyo.

Was good while it lasted but in some ways I won't miss it too much. Was pretty boring after a few runs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

New pit lane and day/night cycle from what iv read.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Cool. I hope they give us classic Circuit de Catalunya in the future. The layout is there, all they have to do is move the barriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If you drive like I do, its always been the classic layout 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The World GT Series from the menu is very very difficult.

Tried a non Gr.3 car (Ferrari F430) and took a surprise win at Le Mans in it.

I switched to a Castrol Honda NSX Gr.3 car and while it was a better car, the results didn't improve.

I'm going to take one more shot at it, driving something different again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

This the 730PP races ? Cannot get close in that at all with any Gr3 car.

Is it the last cup from the menus?

If it is I found the GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 very good for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Is it just me or is the pit stops strange. I always seem to lose so much through them. Went into pits in the lead and ended up 6th 20seconds of the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Are the endurance races they added to the missions particularly hard? Thought I’d have my first go at one, tried the classic cars around Alsace but I just keep getting swallowed up on lap one so doesn’t seem worth continuing. I’ve tried 3 or 4 cars with various upgrade setups but always seem to be massively down on pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just popping in to state again my hatred of American cars. Finally finished the menu for them. Now I'm on the last Porsche race.

Got gold for the IB/IA and 6 of thr Super licence. The F1 car one is a bit headwrecking. Watching the demo and I just can't get the lines right and lose too much speed.

Also got gold on the first 2 sets of missions, and stuck on the first one of the 3rd set. Sexy arse-happy Mercedes...

I get a lot of enjoyment out of this game. But also equal amounts of frustration.

Don't think I'll ever bother with trying to gold all the licenses, sounds like an effort in frustration to me.

Most nights now I'll jump on, do the 15 lap Sardegna and then just mess around in random cars against a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Finally opened the online section over the weekend, been battering the R8 round Interlagos 😀

There's some load of dirty bastards in those Sport races. Rarely can I get a race where someone doesn't ram me off the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

From my GT Sport days. Don't qualify. Just hang at the back and keep between the ditches for "clean races". That will build up your sportsmanship rating, the second letter on the top right (the first letter is your skill rating) get that letter up to S and you'll get paired with cleaner racers. Then you can increase the other letter.

Sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

They're usually, pretty rubbish and obvious, if you've qualified well then make allowances into the first and maybe second corner (depends on the track) and watch the gap - can make for lonely races though, not necessarily a bad thing.

I've gone down a bit of an MR2 tuning rabbit hole, you can lose hours just tweaking to get a few 10ths

I've also bought a second one for a drift car, although I've no idea how to set that up, probably have to look up a drift setup guide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone have any luck with the Alsace endurance race for pre 72 cars. I have tried a tuned ferrari 308GTB, a BMW 3.0 CSL and I’m not even remotely close with either car. Lapping at a consistent 2:35 in the Ferrari. Tried one stop on a fuel map 6 and 2 stop with fuel 1 but it’s not happening. Tyres last an entire race. The merc 300SL is recommended but that’s no longer in the legendary list.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

I did it in a fully tuned 65 mini, medium turbo. 550pp or something

Think I one stopped.

• Advertisement

Started to play a bit of sport mode, and my god its a mess😂

Blatant ramming all over the place. I got one 0.5 second penalty in one of the 3 races I did for track limits,no other penalties for me despite being hit multiple times by others and spun out by someone once.

I didn't get one clean race bonus,not sure how your supposed to up your driver rating with that carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s gotten pretty toxic lately tbh. If you want to increase your sport rating, the best way I’ve found to do it is not bother with qualifying, so you’ll start last on the grid and just hang back far enough that you’re not in danger of any contact. Drive clean laps without leaving the track, other players will pick up the penalties or make mistakes and that’s when you can overtake them.

I don’t even think about lunging down the inside and braking late like I would in F1 games because even if you do it completely above board, you’ll still get rammed off the track and sometimes even get a penalty for it.

Keep away from other cars as much as possible and you’ll see your sport rating shoot up in no time, and once it gets to A or S you’ll find then you can race properly and increase your skill rating.

It's pretty obvious at this point that I have no clue how to tune cars.

Thought I had a good tune for the MR2 after spending a good while on it. Out of curiosity went online to get a tune to see how i fared,my tune was 1.5 sec a lap slower🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got this during the week and just making my way through the license tests, getting gold on International A-5 was painful, the rest seem grand so far, just on the final International A test and then onto S.

Put a few more hours into this myself. Have a good few of the missions done. Spent far too long on the mission The Pass with the GT-R, must have took at least 200 tries. All YT videos I checked on it showed the AI in 1st/2nd perfectly stacked or nearby for slipstream, but everytime I tried it the lad in first was gone like a fart in a fog. Ended up accidentally finding a very different but effective line in order to beat it. Then expected the next one to be worse, and beat it in 3 go's.

Still stuck on the last few tests for the Super Licence. Can't see myself ever getting all gold. And also in the last of the menus, on race 3 I think. AI don't mess about, been punted off track a few times! Took me a while to get a car suitable, eventually got frustrated and found out about the "cheat" RCZ Gr.3 car. Mid-turbo, race shoes, doesn't feel fair on the AI now. Doesn't like rain....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The 911 RSR with a turbo attached and soft tyres makes mince meat of every race in the last menu. Even without the turbo its great.

Got my fanatec wheel working at last so I've finally got all gold in all the licences and done all the menus and now working though the missions. Christ I hate drifting though. Can't stand it and cant do it either 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gave up on getting all gold when I got to S-7, I'm a good 3 seconds off gold.

Making my way through the menus, the GTO is putting in the work currently.

I've managed to get all gold for the super, except for S10. Talk about having to be perfect! About 50 tries and I finally finished a lap. 10 seconds off gold. I'm not sure about this one, but I thought the same with S7, if that's the F1 car, but about an hour of trying I managed it. Just so infuriating to barely tap a wet patch and skid all over the place.

Last 3 sets of missions to complete. Don't like having to pick my own car. I'm terrible at tuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Stick with S-10, it seems impossible at times but gold is achievable. Look up a guide for it on YouTube from a guy called Trophy Tom and stick to it religiously, it worked for me after hours of trying but it’s the most satisfying gold trophy you’ll ever earn.

• Advertisement

Gave it another hour or so last night. Finished 2 laps, first with 4 seconds over, second with 3. I know where I'm slow, but anytime I try and speed up on those sections I always lose control. TCS2, anymore and I lose too much acceleration. It's tough. I'll keep at it.

Advertisement