Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old eircom phonewatch system beeping every 4 hrs.

• 07-05-2022 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Guys, just looking for a bit of help,

2008 GE eircom system beeping every 4 hrs. Status indicating system low battery, replaced all the device batteries but still getting the same status. Any way of narrowing down the device the issue is with or bypassing the issue? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭HorseSea

I think it's the backup battery inside the control panel, same issue here. You can silence the beep but alarm may not function in a power cut.

BTW my panel even older and was pissed off to find that battery replacement not covered anymore by their €50 a month charge (or near enough). Would love to find another monitoring company. Phonewatch just money grabbers these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Cheers horsesea, had a feeling it could have been that. Do I need the engineers code the access the internal panel battery to replace it I wonder? Also do you know the method to silence the beep just for overnight for now.

Yes, I imagine you would or it will alarm when the control panel is opened.

To silence it I went through the routine with Phonewatch over the phone. I don't think they usually give the engineers code anymore, however it was during the worst of the pandemic and I said I could not have anyone in the house, so it was done by phone. You could try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Was the panel battery in the end. Managed to source a spare from a friend of mine. Engineer code was needed to open the panel so the tamper alarm didn't go off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Do you know what type system you have installed as most of the older systems can be taken over.

If it is a classic or classic upgrade then id recommend a new install as the 319 sensors can not be got anymore.

• Advertisement

I was told on here it's GE Simon 3 panel. I was looking for alternative monitoring solutions and contacted three recommendations, none of which ever responded to messages or emails! That was five years ago and I have not got around to doing anything about it since, apart from remove the phone line so I am paying Phonewatch for nothing basically. I would prefer not to have to change panel / sensors etc. if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

The Simon would be the easier takeover of the systems they use so I'm surprised you couldn't get another company to take it over.

You can also upgrade the control panel to a Zero wire panel and use the sensors in place if you decided to self monitor the alarm using your Wi-Fi and free app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 BSOH

HorseSea: I switched to another company years ago, much more reasonable than PW, identical service as far as I can see; I assume they'd be delighted to have your custom, and I also assume it's not acceptable to give their details right here. Tried to message you with the details but "this user's profile is private".

Thanks, I changed profile now. I am interested to hear. As I mentioned I tried contacting a few and only got answerphones or an email address, no one ever got back to me, I didn't follow up any further, but this time I will.

Advertisement