Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Holy pancakes Batman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

That Bowen is a pool player in all but name on his contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City are going to win 1 - 6

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Blow it up ref..... we've seen enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Yeah really don't want to get too excited yet...

But...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’ve never seen City take so many shots from long range. It’s a very good sign they’re resorting to that, but it feels inevitable that the goal will come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I was consigned to the league being gone, if WH stay the course will give Klopp serious headaches for Tuesday night... Will see what happens by 4 but I guess that's why he is on the big bucks to make these calls, either way a much changed team should have enough for Southampton.. I can see an origi hattrick as a farewell gift

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

My biggest worry in this title run in is that we would somehow lose the league on GD.

This was always likely the game City would drop points if any Across this run of games but their last game of season at home to Villa who nothing to play for is almost a certain win for City. We’d actually need West Ham to win by 3 or 4 here which is the sickening thing .

City lose today 1-0 and real chance we lose the league on GD and forces klopp to play full strength premiership games when vital players injured by the game .

SAY NOTHING

• Advertisement

Bowen is the absolute best non-signing we've made in years.

can't believe this is happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Alexa, play weekend in paradise by Jamie Webster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Lovely hurling.

I think I need to go for a walk

I’m so glad that Bowen is a hammer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Well I must say that's a very interesting half time score. Was not expecting that, Wolves 0 Norwich 1.

I wonder if Liverpool somehow were to wrest the title from City and win the EC would the UAE rescind the manager's contract offer and make an approach to Klopp?

They’d have to abduct him by force. They’ll never take him alive.

this is basically everyone's worst nightmare except ours

I’d still bite your hand off for 2-2 right now and let it go down to the final day. Don’t fancy a goal difference shootout with City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Klopp and Edwards playing 4D Chess by not signing Bowen just to have him play today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What dafuq is going on?

Was out for a longish run and came back and my phone started hopping...was a sweaty mess and saw Bowen flash up on an alert and as i was still fumbling with the phone the second goal went in.

Still fully expect City to win with a Laporte hat-trick or some bullsh1t

If this stays like this I'm never changing my underpants ever again. Apologies in advance to those I meet in future in RL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Think I'd rather it was back in our hands with a city loss today tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

**** - now we can't rest players against Southampton.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Two coin tosses and it looked like the ref said head for one end and tails for the other and same 2nd head one to goes first and tails the other team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd happily take a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ah well. Normal service for City has resumed. That would have been an almighty task to overhaul the goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

That Antonio miss though...geesh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's those little things that give Liverpool an edge under Klopp.

The media coverage of the first summer training camps in 2016 highlighted the level of focus on physical conditioning and the perceived wisdom was that it was going lo lead to particular types of muscle injuries during the season. I don't recall the predictions coming true but there was a supposed expert who attributed every niggly injury in the squad to Klopp's training methods.

There was a mockery of the sessions on improving the mental focus of the players - that was the ground work for Klopp's "Mentality Monsters". Yesterday Henderson spoke about how this group of players stick together no matter what happens in a game - that is a secret sauce that Klopp has given to them.

Gary Neville made a smart ass remark about "surely the players didn't need to coached on how to take a throw-in" when it was publicized that Liverpool had hired a 'throw-in expert'. It turns out there's more to the throw-in situation than just chucking the ball into the field of play.

The high defensive line has been criticized ad nauseam yet it has worked. There was a big deal made of the Burnley game in February because there were a crazy amount of offside decisions given against them in the second half. Those moments were cited by the likes of Jermaine Jenas as a sign of a weakness and that the Liverpool defence could be got at. For whatever reason those individuals chose to ignore the fact that the offside decision process was factored into the reason why Liverpool play the high line.

Liverpool's system isn't simple, there's a lot of interconnected pieces each of which features an element of risk and when those pieces are working well we witness the well oiled machine that is a force to be reckoned with on the playing field. If the effectiveness of the press and the work rate of the forward players is off then the defensive line can be in trouble - improving the quality of the depth in the forward line has negated this possibility, now Klopp isn't forced to field a player like Firmino carrying a niggling injury.

We may not win the Premier League this season but I'm confident that if a few more teams raise their level for their games against Man City next season then we we'll have a better chance, especially if the quality of the depth in the midfield is improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Quite honestly, between that and the Dawson header first half, City are crazily blessed.

The atmosphere is shocking there, not helping their team one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

That’s a great post @Talisman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hon Fabianski 😆

Tyler and Neville desperate for it to be retaken! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Bo11ocks, pen 4 city MISSED

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Realistically draw or loss for City makes little difference cause of the GD right?

That’s my thinking anyway. We were always going to need a favour from Villa next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

How so? It just means we need to score more over the next two games. Its not as if we weren't +5 just 3 games ago.

Though it does mean we'll need Gerrard himself to tog out next week because his team are garbage.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

As in we are not going to turn the GD around next week, so there’s no added benefit in city losing instead of drawing.

Going to need a favour next week no matter what the result here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

What’s the chances of Southampton doing one of their 9-0 losses again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Spurs draw looks worse now

Lads, the goal difference is completely inconsequential now.

The goal is simply to beat Southampton and Wolves by any means possible and by any scoreline, and just hope for the best from Stevie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Well well well...

• Advertisement

Part of Peps master plan to deny us the CL 🤣

Big pressure on Stevie G. DRAW and we build him a statute! 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

GD doesn't play a part now.. if we win our last 2 games. If we draw one and win one, then it would matter again, but only if City lose to Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

2 wins for us and a draw for them vs Stevie G, wow just imagine that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City can reach 93pt

We can only reach 92pts

Botton line a draw for Villa and we'll win the league if we win our two games

Doesn't really follow. Man City may have been extra motivated, less blaze against West Ham today. It's a bit like when a team nearly scores two goals and someone says if only they went in. If the first went in the second chance wouldn't have played out...

Decent team v Southampton and play for the win, but don't play anyone with a niggle. Should still win both our remaining games. But, I think it's going to be another 1 pt loss having got over 90 pts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement