Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I called it as soon as we drew with Spurs! City would draw one of their remaining games so we still lose the league by a point. I didnt even bother watching the football today. I'm too long supporting Liverpool to think we have any chance of winning the league this season, didnt even turn it on at 2-0 west ham.

Pep and his team are bottling it somewhat, but they should still win handy enough against Villa at home. Winning two domestic cups, in the CL final and taking the league to the last day. Not a bad aul year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Was off playing a match just in the door this game seemed to have Everything,expected too come home to see city had all but wrapped up the league so we go again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

While it’s frustrating that the draw with Spurs means we’re not favourites for the title right now, the equaliser from Diaz which didn’t look to be coming could well be important if Villa can do the impossible and hold City to a draw next week.

I’m not hopeful of much from Aston Villa, but it’s nice to have something to play for next Sunday. Whatever will be, will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Need to beat Southampton first after a tough game yesterday before thinking of next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Its the hanball in the Everton V City game bugging me. No problem going to VAR today but Stevie Wonder could see it that day in Woodison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

VAR not giving the most obvious handball against City when they played Everton is what will decide the title. It shouldn't be an absolute must to win every single game to win the title, we just need City not be given a helping hand from Manchester based refs whenever they're in a spot of bother.

The team selection on Tuesday night will be intriguing now. It won’t be full strength with the injuries, but how weakened will it be now that it’s a must win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Sky boys in the studio not really clued in at all. As for the mood in the commentary box 😳

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Play some squad players next 2 games… Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, Milner, Divock. Time to manage the squad with CL in mind and should be capable of beating Southampton & Wolves.

Technically if we beat Southampton by 8 clear goals, City lose against Villa and we draw against Wolves - we'd win on GD 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If city are shown on top of the league after 38 games by a single point they'll need to have an * after that title.

No need for that. I’d be happy to beat Southampton by 8 very unclear and dubious goals, and let the rest unfold as you said. 😁

I’m absolutely loving this position we’re in though. It’s a pity we’re not in City’s position, of course, but just to have a genuine bit of hope left for the league is lovely. The romanticism of our legendary former captain Steven Gerrard who never had the fortune of winning a league title with us, having the chance to win one for us instead, is a great storyline.

Yes, it’s all very unlikely and City should wrap up the league title with little hassle next week, but just to have the chance….

Come on the Red men!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd include Bobby there too and no reason why a team with a few changes can't beat Saints comfortably.

I'd start Bobby, Divock and Jota/Diaz against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I think we'll see quite a rotated team on Tuesday.

Alisson

TAA - Konate - Matip - Tsimikas

Keita - Milner - Jones

RW - Firmino - Jota

Could be something like that. I'm assuming VVD and Salah aren't available. I'd like Trent to get some rest too but if Robbo is out rotating both FBs probably isn't a great idea. Can play him for 55/60 and bring on Gomez. Henderson and Thiago both played 120 so tough to ask them to start so soon again but that leaves us with a weakish midfield but I think it's what it'll be. I'm guessing Firmino and Jota are nailed on. The third attacker I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

-----------------------Ali--------------------

--Gomez----Konate----Matip----Tsimikas--

--------Keita----Milner----Jones----------

-------Origi----Firmino----Jota----------

Bring on Diaz & Mane in the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Massive rotation for Southampton needed.

The shift they put in yesterday.

My little fella said to me " believe " when I was talking about I'd rather City win today so we could get the heads concentrated on Paris. Shameful on my behalf. At the age of 12 he has the guts for this. So I'm strapping myself in and believing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I'd be happy with Agent Coulson's proposed team. It should have more than enough to do the job.

I'd like TAA wrapped in cotton wool for a while. He put in an immense shift yesterday. He needs some recovery time ahead of the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Villa have won 7 away, Spurs 8, WH 7, United 6,

Decent, 22pts away, and they have 22pts at home

They rarely draw though, 5 all season. It's win or lose basically. Even City have more draws than Villa

We have more home points than City, so hard to look to the Spurs game as the issue.

The away draws were all a bit crazy, and it has us in this position that we are wishing just one of them was a victory, then we'd have 88 points now, with it in our hands

Brentford 3 Liverpool 3 Threw away the lead twice, last one on 82nd minute

Spurs 2 Liverpool 2 Whole world knows KANE should have been off, and that Jota won a penalty

Chelsea 2 Liverpool 2 Two Nil up, cruising. Threw it away just before half time, conceding two in 3 minutes

City 2 Liverpool 2 This was a great point, chances to win game, but so did they. Fair result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

It's kinda funny seeing some of the "neutrals" getting very nervous during the city game today and thinking that city are bottling the league!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Surely the neutrals want a city bottle. Makes the last weekend exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Yep the priority has to be the champions League I'd be resting as many of the front liners as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Suppose it alls depends on how neutral they are😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You can't negotiate with faith, maybe the Quad is meant to be, and that Villa indeed will draw with City, regardless of the fact City could be 2-0 up at half time. Villa get a corner from nowhere, and it's headed home against the run of play,

Then on 89th min , Countino shoots from 35 yrds and it finds the top corner.

I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Villa's CBs are different versions of awful. They will need to score at least two to have a chance of a result which they might actually have a chance of doing if Fernandinho is playing CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

Full steam ahead for the 28th Goal difference , and lay of the land fixture wise it’s just beyond us. But still an amazing season. A slight hiccup Brentford and Brighton both draws at home that if it had of been different and we’d got the 4 points lost there what could of been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Said it before, saying it again - the missed penalty at Leicester.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

But I can make allowances for Leicester. They are decent when we played Brentford and Brighton they were both dross but I take your point.

Suarez released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Leicester had a covid outbreak at the time though and were severly depleated. Plus they haven;t been great at any point of the season.

That penalty goes on, we relax and it;s three points.

I understand but taking the positives of this year. Great cup runs further development of TAA, Elliot’s breakthrough, Jurgens new deal and a champions league trophy end of the month. Allez les rouge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

All we need is two scrappy 1-0 wins and hope Villa somehow pull off a miracle and get a draw with City. Would be great if Gerrard could help us win the league. I don't really hold out much hope for Villa getting a draw, more likely City will be 1-0 up before the 5 min mark and then the floodgates will open. It's the hope that kills you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

They're getting nervous cos if things go our way they know Liverpool could equal their 20 and maybe land a quadruple to blow their treble out the water. Its unlikely but it has their arses twitching which is hilarious to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just looking at the table there and Southampton are not officially safe yet?, unlikely but they do still need a point to make sure so they will be motivated for the game against us.

Also, they know we'll rotate, and will fancy nicking a point against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It really is mad... almost as soon as Gerrard joined Villa, a few eyes were cast at the fixture list, and a few eyebrows raised at that last tie. What if?

And 6 months later we're there, right on the cusp of that 'what if'! Steven Gerrard can win Liverpool the Premier League with a draw. Bloody hell. What a story!

Meanwhile, once again Pep's City team shows that while they're incredible at the week-by-week grind of winning league fixtures, when the pressure is spiked up on one singular game, they're quite brittle. Honestly, I think they'll be absolutely brickin' it stepping out in front of Villa next week.

• Advertisement

They're already safe - Leeds only have one game left, so can only reach a max of 38 points. Southampton already have 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

Southampton are safe, Leeds only have one game left and cant catch them

Ah, my bad, should have taken a closer look at the table.

Ali

Gomez....Konate...Matip...Kostas

Elliott??......Milner....Jones

Jota...Bobby...Origi/Ox

Think that's the team that starts against Saints, no way Trent and Diaz plays, they both looked shattered yesterday.

Very interested to see what happens with Ox and Elliott... could really be useful now, but neither have played a minute since the FA Cup quarter final against Boro back in March. And neither have played a minute of Premier League football since February.

I see Elliott's been playing a half here or there for the reserves - but never more than a half - which would point towards very careful management of his injury, so he's maybe less likely.

Difficult enough to see either of them being fit and sharp enough to go straight into the starting lineup, so would have to figure we'll see something like Milner, Naby, and Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I nearly wish City won today...just can't see them not putting at least 4 past that awful Villa defence next weekend. At least if the title was done today we could have played 2 second strings team to finish out the season and be raring to go for the CL final. That result today keeps us honest for the remaining games when in all honestly it just delayed the title celebrations for City

Thing is though, neither Milner or Naby will be able for the full 90 so who comes on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Origi and Minamino to the rescue

divock apparently away to Milan this week to iron out his contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,104 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Think Tsimikas will play against Saints, and Gomez too. Maybe Konate & Matip.

Milner & Jones but the 3rd midfielder is a bit of an unknown.

I think Origi & Jota will start and Firmino too.

But that actually leaves the option of playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

It just depends on which player Klopp wants to start again. I think Keita, Hendo, Mane & Diaz are the options really. Possibly Minamino too.

Advertisement