Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Is Gleeson suspended for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

One round robin win in 11 attempts. Abysmal underage record in the last number of years. We have no right to be thinking about all irelands. As usual a Waterford team crumbles under pressure. Been going to matches since 83, same thing year after year. Mentality midgets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Draw is a good result for Waterford. Clare already in the final and will play a B team next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

LOL no it isn't, it's catastrophic as it means Waterfords fate is entirely out of their own hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Rustyman101

No don't think so yellows, not a straight red, so think he's ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Would really be disheartened after that. Hard to know what to say really, be sick **** of it.

Well done to Gleeson, thought he had a great game and took a lot of punishment. Didn't see what he got sent off for but obvious it was going to happen the way cork were targeting him. Saw O' Leary grab him around the neck and haul Gleeson down on top of him with a load of Cork lads shouting at the ref to get him sent off. Made no difference to the end result it should be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Not questioning his effort on the field of play at all..but he's no good to us on the sideline after getting sent off needlessly again.. Only plus being hell be available next weekend..Plenty of lads went abide today when they were needed.. It was a flat performance all over the team today..hopefully we can lift it for next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

Watching from the stand a few things I noticed.

We looked very vulnerable with ball into our full back line.

Gleeson played well but (couldn't really see it) what happened for him second yellow?

Our midfield were totally outclassed .

Our marking was very loose.

Fitzgibbon,harnedy and Coleman were very good.

For all the abuse the Cork boys gave him..calahane had a solid outing..

We are gond if tipp loose to cork..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Commenting as a Cork fan. Think we probably did target AG, once you get a reputation you are on thin ice. Don't like teams doing this but Cork have been the victims of this for years so finally adopting an if you can't beat em, join em attitude. Personally I'd prefer if refs didn't allow real hurlers get targeted like this but until they do cracks down this is how it is going to be. Delighted Cork still in with a shout but genuinely sorry it might be at Waterfords expense. 17 years without an AI is killing us, can't contemplate what it is like for ye. Not over yet though, Cork are flakey as hell - today was a good day but who knows what they'll serve up next Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Imagine what 63 years might be like…..😡😡 not many outside the cork boundary will have much sympathy if the 17 grows to 27 or 37……

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,316 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jamie Barron had a terrible game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭decies

People are now officially losing their heads !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭decies

The sad state of it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,316 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

since this format came in our 3rd game is cursed

2018- Limerick hammered us away and knocked us out of the championship

2019- Limerick hammered us at home and knocked us out of the championship

2022- Cork beat us and very very likely knocking us out of the championship

If Cahill and Beavan's do go where in the name of the god will we go from there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

I think Cahill got his midfield selection wrong today. Maybe Darragh Lyons was carrying a knock but I would not have dropped him. Anyway, very disappointing result. Outworked on our home pitch but just poor overall. Austin played out of his skin and deserved better protection from the officials. Well done Cork. They really stood up today. Agree about our support. Waterford fans are always out shouted by a minority of aways fans. We’re almost embarrassed to be noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Not in my opinion anyway.

Kingston let himself badly down today I thought with his antics on the side…..constant pitch invasions, getting in ear of officials, etc got a yellow from red and then on he went again….

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Finally adopting?! Ye have been doing it for years boy! 😂

Well done today, well deserved.

Cahill has hung the players out to dry. This can only go one of two ways now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

We’re really relying on Tipperary to draw or beat Cork (not by a large margin) in which case Waterford would be through, even with a narrow loss to Clare. Wishful thinking in any event.

‘Sick as a parrot’ about today’s performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Apologies, if Cork/Tipp ends in a draw, then Waterford can’t lose to Clare.

I think I need to lie down in a dark room for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Bitterly disappointed with how today went. Not sure has happened but we had a major meltdown , fellas we know serious hurlers just didn't perform all over the field ... I just don't know what to say about it

Less said the better. It will be a Munster final beteeen the LK and CE followed by same opposition for all Ireland. Clare could actually pull it off too……it’s just amazing how Clare can bring in new guys and bring back a few older ones (e.g duggan) and square up to limerick and destroy cork where as Waterford with all the early season promise faded and the so called strongest panel bar limericks looked a shambles…..? What goes wrong, it’s so perplexing……mental frailty…? Haven’t got the bottle for the big day when pressure is on…..over trained…..over prepared or what……?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

In all fairness that was a shitshow. Aussie was by far man of the match for Waterford.

Nobody else turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

by any chance did ye take Cork a little for granted today??

i thought ye looked a bit shocked by their intensity...

Cork wont repeat that against Tipp... i actually fancy Tipp... Clare will put out a B team next week.... so its in yere hands what ye do...

ye are def the hurling equivalent of the Mayo footballers and thats not an ideal comparison

Their ‘tails are up now’ and skies are the limit….media will have them as major contenders again……the 17 year drought may be about to end…..?

These senior players have had enough different managers. Must be three at this stage? Can't look past the players.

Majorly disappointed with Barron's and Bennett's performance but at the same time, I ask myself, why am I surprised? Genuinely thought Waterford would push Limerick closer than ever this year. It might still happen... because they might gel and take off, look at Cork today, anything can happen, but when the pressure comes on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Not at all. We have got enough beatings over the years to think we are invincible. It's going to be hard to beat Tipperary next week.

Advertisement