Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've never messaged anyone for their style of play. It baffles me why people do.

What's your team looking like?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Literally every game now, I’m getting people getting pissy. It’s incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I get that regular, i have played 532 or 5212 nearly 90% of the time since the start and im a rat apparantly, even though im on 85 depth, press on heavy touch and i attack with 2 wing backs, 3 CM's or 2 with CAM and 2 strikers

Laughable part is, the guys who message play with 4 at the back, but when i look at the map, i can see they have 1 CM or CDM dropping between their CB's to make 5 to 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's always people playing 442/4231 with both fullbacks and both CMs on Stay Back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So EA ended WL 24 hours early during Prem TOTS, meaning lots of people never got to finish their games and get their Prem TOTS red picks.

As compensation EA are giving everyone 1500 WL qualification points and they'll be releasing an objective for a 45k pack...

Must give that 5212 a go!! I play 352 a lot what difference does it give you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

I've not used 5-2-1-2 but I'd imagine it's just a tad more defensive version of the 3-5-2 which is very attacking, on base setups anyway. Obviously a bit depends on the settings used

Tbh, my eyes roll whenever I'm up against that 4-2-2-2 that over half of players seem to be playing. That's very very defensive to my mind. Usually the wide players are on come back with stay back mids. That and the horrific 4-2-3-1 always end up in the worst games in my experience

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just played a WL qualifier against some snake who had loaded his team up with loan cards.

He was 3-0 up and he quit when I went 4-3 ahead.

It's ridiculous that loan cards are allowed in WL tbh.

Yeah arnt they also the formations that get mentioned a lot on youtube lately, along with the 4222, im also trying out the 4312 using my 5212 tactics, not quite as effective but still 6 wins from 10 rival matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It never bothered me to be honest. I always think it’s someone who hardly ever plays and using these cards allows him to stay close to the power curve.

Oh, I was called a rat three times today 😂

my 5212 is effectively a 3412 in practice, but since I’m using PIM Carlos and TOTS TAA, starting them off as wing backs gets them fill chem. I have them set up to join the attack, overlap, etc. Same as Rock, I play a high line, higher pressure and try to win the ball high up the field. Can’t stand ultra defensive football, but people see the 5atb and just freak out. It’s hilarious.

Flying Flipper, Deepsea Future or Defiant Species Tifo

I cant decide lads, i may switch off, sleep on it, and come back to it in the morning

Been messing around with the 4312 and im actually the game, 85 depth, press on heavy touch, balanced build up and forward runs and send everybody forward, Trent and Robbo, Jones, Keita the CM's, Dalglish CAM, Jota and Weghorst up front

I have had 7 quits in 9 games this evening, Weghorst is a monster at the back post, unbeatable, might try this in champs tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Managed to power through all my games tonight, scraped 11 wins and it came right down to the last one. And my picks:

Ndicka 92 and Diaby 92

Pretty happy with those, and then I opened the Ultimate Pack and Diaby popped out again so that’s a handy 150k. Definitely going to be using him as an impact sub, stats look great. Ndicka’s worth a fortune but I can’t fit him in on full chem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Stupidly stayed up late, 14-5. Few stupid losses in there annoyingly. Slightly easier tonight than the last 2 weeks.

Wirtz 95 and Frimpong 91. Won't play either but both look excellent subs. Diaby, Neuer and Keane in the tots pack, all to be sold. Have put up my main tradeables (eusebio & Messi) there as won't be playing for a couple of weeks, albiet top end of the market seems to be staying steady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Saved the 85 x 20 for Bundesliga TOTS and I packed....some crap EFL TOTS. I was expecting at least 2 Bundesliga 😂

Anybody use moments Van Basten, would love to try him out but his medium medium workrates and accelaration could be a problem, which is a shame because he really should be one of the best strikers in this game

10 wins 😭 one off a double pick.

neuer, Raum and muller. Took Muller. Likely fodder but might get a little bit of usage first.

• Advertisement

TOTS Alison makes some incredible saves.

Finding WL tough, I have no TOTS yet which isn’t helping. Should get to 10 wins I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Shame these 3 minute games aren’t just on the weekends. Usually been struggling in these as only time I can usually play these are in the evenings or late night but can get them in during the day at weekends and fare much better - just won 4 on the spin. If only I didn’t have to work during the days in the week 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I have Alisson, can’t say he’s definitely any better than any other keeper I’ve used but have noticed he makes a lot of saves with his trailing hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He’s been quality for me. Not just the saves he makes, but he makes cutbacks much tougher on opponents because of his speed. When I see an opponent through on goal and I’m outnumbered, I’m certain they’ve already decided on the cutback, so I charge the keeper and control a defender to cut the passing lane to his spare man. It’s something I’ve always done and I’m sure everyone does, but with Alisson it works even better because his speed closes the gap to the attacker so much quicker and unless it’s a very good player you’re up against, they usually panic and make a mess of it. It means you can play a higher line and rely on the quality and speed of the keeper a bit more. I could never get away with that using Cech.

It’s literally what Liverpool do with him and their defenders in real life as well, so it’s nice to be able to replicate it.

Got 9 wins in the end.

My WW Maignan is a total liability at this point. Total lottery if he’ll save anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've used his prime. If you're used to strikers like Suarez, CR7 etc you can work with him. But if you're more used to Mbappe type strikers etc lean and agile you're not going to like him. But I used to love his cards in Fifa throughout the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Won my last two games to get 11 wins again this week

Was rewarded with RED Ndicka and Muller

Both the 50k and 125k packs were only Boards, BIG YIKES

Red picks:

91 Schlotterbeck

90 Raum

92 Diaby

90 Raum

90 Kostic

94 Muller

I got 94 Muller too.

Had the option of 95 Neuer but figured Muller could at least be usable as a sub, no way to get Neuer into my team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Struggled to 9 this weekend I was awful won one of my first 9 games not sure why.

got muller as well and an 86 and 89 gold in the packs

Advertisement