Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women Have the Hots for Vlodomyr Zelensky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

From people who don't understand what toxic masculinity is.

Women are 100% are influenced by a man's prestige/wealth etc. Men are in no way similar and don't judge women based on their social status(we would on things like if they've kids etc which women also do).

Most Irish women wouldn't pass him a second look if he was packing shelves in Aldi.

Another who stands out to me is Peter Crouch, if he hadn't been a footballer and packed shelves in Tesco his wife wouldn't have passed him a second glance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Crouch shows that height isn't everything or it is possible to be too tall/too beanpole like.

If Peter Crouch, Zelensky and Vitali Klitschko were packing shelves in Aldi, only one would have women interested in him and it wouldn't be the manlet or the beanpole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'd wager Zelensky's got a lot more balls than you'd ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Is that down to the increased radiation from Chernobyl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Lads, ye have it all wrong... it's quite simple really to understand why the average woman wants to sleep with a man who can do this:

😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Would it occur to you that personality and behaviour have a lot to do with it? Maybe he's exhibiting some pretry attractive and admirable qualities over the last few month; leading his country, standing up for the people he's charged with protecting. Leading his country to resist an aggressive invasion and advocating vehemently for his cause. Successfully convincing the world to back him and send weapons, and doing it all without an apparent sense of ego or asking for appreciation.

But you seem to think its all about his status and nothing to do with behaviour or personality traits. This is incel thinking.

Post edited by El_Duderino 09 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t find him attractive but for sure I like traditional qualities in a man as well as a hint of more modern thinking and he surely embodies that. A smart man, a brave man who is defending his family and his country, a caring man, an eloquent man. These are definitely traits that I think many women would find attractive, and unfortunately are very lacking in a lot of men. Anyways, all that aside I don’t envy him the task he has before him, a hard place to be and he is aging before our eyes, poor guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Women attracted to money and power? Hold the front page.

• Advertisement

Comments here verging on 'if only (insert something pathetic) I'd be a lot more successful at dating the wimmins' thinking.

Putin underestimated Volodymyrs abilities and strength. Putin thought he was sparring with a kitten. What he was faced with was a roaring lion, doing everything in his power to protect his pride and territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

Similar to how men are not a homogenous blob.

Yet media would have you believe “women are just not safe” from any man. Think of the Gillette add campaigns to try and inspire men to be better. **** off Gillette.

Shite media and social media where the loudest voices are assumed to be the majority is the issue. Most women feel safe and are not victims the whole time. Most men are not toxic rapists who need to try suppress their urges daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

You hardly expect him to be on the front line. Of course he is being kept safe.

His role is negotiating supplies and support from the west to win the war. He is not directing the military.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

What if ‘crouchie’ was doing the robot dance while packing the shelves? Would that sway the odds in his favour? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yogurt202

Why wouldn't they? He let all the female citizens of Ukraine leave the country and go to safety while he's holding the male citizens hostage in the country against their will and forcing them to sacrifice their lives in this war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yogurt202

He doesn't have much empathy for all the Ukrainian men that died in the war because he violated their basic human rights by holding them hostage in the country and refused to let them leave. The blood is on Zelenskyy's hands, he's a murderer.

• This is like the Titanic movie, where the guy sacrifices his life to save the womans life

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭therapist3

Women like men who behave like men, simple.

The insecure / Feminists / Mentality deranged go on about toxic masculinity (a hateful term) because they had some issue with some guy once upon a time and are not mature enough to separate one person from all.

• Advertisement

• "Women like men who behave like men, simple." But what does that mean when the women themselves left the country. They love the men who stay and fight like men, while they escape out the back door. I understand there is a need for people with children or the elderly etc to leave, but alot of healthy single women left. Its abit of a contradiction. And never talked about in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

I'll wager Zelensky actually doesn't.

Zelennsky is a clown, a puppet. He is as pathetic as George W Bush landing a jet on an aircraft carrier and then maching along in a flight suit with a sock bulging his crotch, announcing "Mission Accomplished" only for the next 15 years to be the biggest foreign policy disaster in American History. But maggot boy Georgie went back to the country club in Connecticut or Massachussets and chuckled. Bought out of another one of his failures.

Zelensky is no different. Another clown bankrolled by an oligarch. This dummy is no different than Ted Nugent who talks about bombing foreigners but when his chance came to serve in Vietnam he didn't wash for two months and smeared himself with his own faeces and then reported. The recruiters were vomitting when he arrived. What a hero.

Zelensky has 109 overseas companies and has never faced the odd angry shot. A comedian and a fcuking puppet.

Failing to see the fun in this thread at the moment. Some bitter incels infecting the place.

In my life, the only people who bang on about 'toxic masculinity' are the opposite of feminists. This thread is a perfect example. The OP brought up the term 'toxic masculinity', not feminists. Nobody has actually used the term in earnest except those who are cross about the fact that nobody is calling Zelensky's behaviour toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

It really shows how so many people don't get the realities of being an adult. It's probably why there's a market for someone like Jordan Peterson to sell help books about how to be an adult to these incel characters.

Zelensky's not my boyfriend and I don't need to defend everything he has ever done. I didn't know who anything about him until the invasion. But his behaviour sinve the invasion has been very admirable. He's been a leader and a forceful advocate for his country. The incel characters finding fault in his behaviour since the invasion are the kind of people who don't get the difference between computer games and real life.

These incel types seem to think his appeal is all about his looks (in spite of short stature) or his position of power. They don't seem to get that it's also about his behaviour and the character he's shown. They don't value those aspects because they don't know how to behave well and don't have character. They just don't get it.

• Advertisement

Agreed. Not sure if it's a cohort of people in general or a certain type of person that's attracted to internet forums.

In reality I don't suppose they're all actual incels. The main trait they have in common is is that tangible bitterness and total lack of understanding of why other people do well. If you don't really get the subtle of behaviour (like in Autism Spectrum Disorder*) then you'll never understand why someone who shows great qualities would do well socially and romantically. They don't see those qualities so they put it down to physical things like looks or status.

*I don't assume all people with ASD are like this. I presume most people with ASD have developed strategies to navigate the world and are fairly normally distributed through society. The people who are bitter and just don't get it, share that trait in common, bit obviously don't get how the subtleties of behaviour can be attractive and appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Zelenesky's status is inextricably linked to his leadership position. In that case how can you tell if he is attractive due to his leadership or due to his status. You can't.

Famous actors and musicians (often ugly or manlets) don't show leadership and to use the OP's terminology, women have "the hots" for them too.

Thugs, criminals and murderers are also attractive to many women.

Zelensky is clearly very media savvy and good at getting a certain message/narrative across, if he hadn't been everywhere, effectively shaming other countries into providing weapons, would Kiev and much of Ukraine now be in Russians hands. Possibly, but we don't know. We also don't know what the guy is even like. Yet here you are talking about all his admirable qualities. Do you know him personally?

The point that the other poster made about stacking shelves in Aldi stands. if Zelensky was stacking shelves and doing all manner of other admirable work like caring for the disabled or volunteering at an animal shelter, he would not be attractive to the women in his circle.

Instead they'd be:

Fantasising about some famous guy on the TV that they'll never meet

Chasing the local bigshot badass who could be anything from a 6 foot 4 rugby player to the local solicitor or niteclub owner

If that fails, they might then settle for shelf stacker Zelensky.

Manlet? Is this a new word used by the clinically insecure?

Anyway, ugly actors/musicians... can you identify the pretty actors/musicians too? Who do you think is the most pretty actor/musician?

I really don't get your point, is the only attractive man the one YOU find attractive?!

Zelensky's admirable behaviours are also inextricably linked to the invasion and his response to it. I did say that I didn't know anything about him before the invasion and I also said that his behaviours since the invasion have been admirable. So I hope that clears up exactly how much I claim to know about him (pretty similar to most people, I'd imagine).

If he were working in Aldi, he probably wouldn't get much publicity so most people wouldn't know about him. But if he's also 'doing all manner of other admirable work like caring for the disabled or volunteering at an animal shelter', then I think the people who know him would admire those behaviours and traits in him. I certainly would. Wouldn't you?

People who work in Aldi can and do get married, you know. And not all women are attracted to gangsters and nightclub owners. Some women probably are. It's almost like women are individuals who have minds of their own and different preferences...

I might fanticise about a famous woman, but I love my wife and wouldn't swop her for anyone. People are free to fantasise about other people. If you don't see why people find Zelensky's behaviour since the invasion to be admirable, then I really don't understand how you experience the world. But it might explain why you find it difficult to be admired by others, if that is in fact the case - you haven't commented on thst so I don't claim to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

The fawning over this guy is beyond cringey at this stage.

Is it? I find his behaviour since the invasion to be admirable. Is that cringy?

I don't suppose it is. Is that all you know about his behaviour since the invasion?

You didn't address my question, but that's OK.

Post edited by El_Duderino 09 on

The OP brought up the term 'toxic masculinity', not feminists

When you think about it the OP is just looking for a reaction here. A gay man starting a thread asking if women find Zelenskyy hot and very 'casually' mentioning toxic masculinity by the way. Then pretending it was just a bit of light hearted musing.

Is he supposed to stand outside so? Is that what you would do?

A bunker won't save you from a direct hit anyhow.

You're right, of course. The OP's complaint is that nobody has called Zelensky's behaviour toxic. They want sone feminist to call Zelensky's behaviour toxic so they can complain about the feminist. They seemed to have no issue with other insults like calling him a manlet, coward and so on.

But it's worth pointing out that the only mention of toxic masculinity in the the thread has come from those who dislike the term. So nobody is actually calling Zelensky's behaviour toxic. Ironically, some people (who I assume dislike the term toxic masculinity) have suggested he's a coward, a media creation, a puppet and finding his behaviour since the invasion admirable is 'cringe'.

I don't know what world some people live in.

He seems to have no problem sending 18-60 year olds outside

I don't suppose he's doing the nitty gritty of the military work. But he's certainly the figurehead.

What would you have him do before you'd find his behaviour admirable?

• Advertisement

That's funny when you appear not to have a problem with a war shirker with bone spurs.

lol it's a username

Sorry for offending your precious Zelensky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If he was doing admirable work, like helping others etc, the same angry lads would be giving out about him being WOKE (all caps) or he was only doing it to look good for someone else. His “motives” would be questioned, and ridiculed.

As has been said, countless times, on this site, the “real men”, and heroes, are the ones who show no solidarity with others in need and who sneer, and mock, those that do.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

“Zelensky is an interesting character. IMHO with his TV show he ran one of the most innovative and clever political campaigns in modern history and IMHO this was his intention from the start and the intention of his backer who owns the TV station who ran his series.”

That is conspiracy hogwash based on absolutely nothing. Do you think Tom Hanks was vying to fly to the moon when he made Apollo 13?

It's in relation to the women having the hots for Vlodomyr. He displays strength, courage, integrity, bravery, intelligence; the qualities a woman would seek in a mate

The adult women with no dependents running away in a world with equality well that doesn't bode well for the inherent qualities of women

I think it's best summed up by the phrases; There are no feminists on sinking ships / burning buildings / when the draft shows up

🤣🤣🤣 Feminists don't use the hateful term toxic masculinity, that's a looper statement.

I didnt say that. I did say:

"In my life, the only people who bang on about 'toxic masculinity' are the opposite of feminists. This thread is a perfect example..."

It was a short post. Surprised you failed to comprehend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Never even heard of him until the war started up, he seems to really love his country and its people and he didn't run for the hills like the President of Afghanistan did.

I think when future historians look back on this time period he will be remembered as one of the good guys who like all of us had his flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭landofthetree

George Orwell's chilling truth: “People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Advertisement