Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma 4 TBC

Options
  • 13-05-2022 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

BI Announcment on Tuesday, better be Arma 4.

Rumour is Arma 4 for PC and Consoles and Dayz 2 but rumour etc. All running on their new unseen Enfusion engine (unseen running, few screenshots below)

Mods please delete if it turns out to be more DLC for Arma 3 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

ARMA Reforger - a more focussed title and showcase for ARMA 4. And yeah, consoles not just included this time, but very much the focus. Will the full ARMA 4 release follow suit, I wonder?

I've attached the full PDF too in case it gets pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So this is like an Arma 3.5 on the enfusion engine?

Im down for that. Only thing is its a new platform for mods, wonder can any be ported over or will modders have to start from scratch.

Interesting to see what type of game it is given the lack of mods on console. Also dont see the Playstion branding anywhere so could be an Xbox exclusive, or timed one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant see them being ported over, Reforger seems like a 3.5 for consoles and Arma 4 is a "platform" in fairness it always has been regardless of what internet drama llamas think.

Find out morrow but hopefully we have A4 EA by the end of the year, actual release is down for 24/25

Yeah it does seem like that.

Suppose can always go back to Arma 3 anyway, especially if this is really limited early access type deal.

I am really intrigued to see how there going to make game modes for console. I'd always wanted my console mates to get PC for games like Arma. Only one ever did though so maybe we can get a taste of it on console now.

Not sure if you played Argo, that was a damn good "incubator" title, 5v5 no respawn set in pockets of villages around Altis.

Vigor is on consoles and has near 1 million players on PS (as of Dec 2020)

BI can literally pull out any of the thousands of mission types A2 and 3 has, CTI, KOTH, BR and lock it down without RHS or ACE breaking it on console :D

Now they have community developers (some good Prairie Fire, Sahara Some bad CSLA , Cold War) they could outsource a single player campaign to them.

As for A4, please give us physics and AI and an engine that runs on more than 1 core!!!! I am sure it will be fine by the time its releases.

EDIT forgot my number 1 wish item for A4, CQB actual decent CQB and doors my dude can peak in and fit in!!!! (Just copy Sandstorm)

Post edited by dreamers75 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I think AR is the precursor to A4, with anything being developed for AR instantly movable to A4 when it releases.

Looks good and the visuals are impressive but there seems to be a few bugs and not sure its worth €30 just yet.

If it was on Playstation I'd pick it up for the novelty factor alone but don't really see the point of getting it on PC right now

Would say buy reforger as its the same engine but I would also say dont buy reforger its a fuckin shitshow.

Cannot believe they released that and said they would only support it for a year, they basically charged people for a modkit.

Advertisement