Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirror- Netflix [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LOL

Him or Philomena should appear on a future screenwipe complaining about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

I really enjoyed that.

Ditto. First mockumentary that I have really enjoyed watching. Nice to watch a light hearted retrospective on the year 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Thought that was quite funny.
    The sound bites for 2021 was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A few funny lines that made me smile but overall rather boring watch that was pretty much all US centric

CB has sold his soul to pander to the US for Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

I agree, it was very American and a smattering British except for a mention of the fire in Australia and footage of the Beirut explosion.

Some of the actors were inherently unfunny and kept making the same jokes, like Phoebe from Friends, Hugh Grant as an old man and the person with the massive eyebrows who was supposed to be a right wing soccer mom.

In fact, the narrator was the funniest thing about it. Really disappointing from Brooker. It being terrible is quite in keeping with the theme of the show, I'm sure he'd argue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

That was really good but also really depressing at times. Wondering how much of it was actually scripted and how much was improv?! The 1 of the 5 most average people in the world (Diane Morgan) is extremely dry like that sounded like she was adding bits at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Terrible crap really...usually enjoy his yearly wipe but this wasn’t close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Acosta

Pacifico wrote: »
    Terrible crap really...usually enjoy his yearly wipe but this wasn’t close

Ah it had some laughs, but not even close the the standard of his old BBC wipes. And this year really deserved a UK wipe. He probably could have spent the hour on Matt Hancock alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

That was horrendous. Don't think I laughed once throughout the whole thing.

Yearly Wipe was always a good watch but he'll never go back to that now. Unless to take the piss out of something like Death to 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Some laughs but mostly poor.

The parts with the guy from Stranger Things doing YouTube videos was horrendously bad. Not a bit funny.

Also find it quite cringy that they were all for making fun of the years events - Covid, Brexit, Trump etc. - but a big serious 5 minute montage of the BLM movement in the middle and not a joke in sight. Scared of any backlash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,125 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The parts with the guy from Stranger Things doing YouTube videos was horrendously bad. Not a bit funny.

Also find it quite cringy that they were all for making fun of the years events - Covid, Brexit, Trump etc. - but a big serious 5 minute montage of the BLM movement in the middle and not a joke in sight. Scared of any backlash.

It was good for what it was , a simplified wipe for the Americans:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've read a couple reviews on it and it really sounds dull, waste of some great actors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,125 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I enjoyed the BLM bit actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭corkie

Netflix Developing Spinoff to Black Mirror’s USS Callister

"We’ve seen evidence that a spinoff of the episode is moving forward but unfortunetely, information right now is extremely limited. As a result, take this with a pinch of salt until any official announcement.

It’s early days but the title is expected to be simply called Callister with no names attached.

This isn’t the first time a spinoff for U.S.S. Callister has been floated. It’s been widely rumored since the release of that episode that it could be on the horizon.
    "

usscallister-netflix.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A new series returning to Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

definitely looking forward to it, but can be very hit and miss. Hopefully the 3 years of a break gave them good time to come up with good ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Maybe they needed it. The majority of stuff is either mediocre or very poor.

I think the only Black Mirror episode that I can definitely say was great was Shut Up And Dance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I loved this show but we now live in the dystopian world that it depicts. I also think satire is dead and after suffering through 20-30 minutes of Death to 2020 don't believe Brooker is any exception to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Please be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they had 4 years. Hopefully there are 5 good episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

New episodes woo hoo.

Gonna watch ep1 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Joan is awful

==========

Really enjoyable and funny.

Annie Murphy is excellent in this a really talented actress not surprised she was terrific in schitts creek and Kevin can f##k himself.

Brilliant cast and some top notch cameos.

Good premise and a very meta episode ha ha. I did guess pretty early that netflix...sorry streamberry had the rights to her life, who reads the ts and cs to be fair! A pretty rare "happy" ending too.

Advertisement