Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Q4 E-Tron

Options

Comments

co-worker is gettting a Q4 etron 50 to replace his Model S. Seems to be a fine car. With charge speeds up to 150kw they do make a good case for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Delivery lead time is so long for the 50. Depending on when it’s ordered could be a year to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Are the prices on the Audi website builder before or after the grant is applied?

The site costs don’t include the grant reduction. But they change the site quite a bit. If you spec one, take the unique build pdf offered at the end as it includes your spec and price and you can call the dealer using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Ordered last October. Just told this morning it will be 2023 now. Will have tocancel and go elsewhere - probably Ioniq 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

My mum had an order from last year due for June, and she has also just been told its 2023 now, but the garage are saying she will have to take the deposit back, is that correct?

Presume it is but wanted to check.

they won’t hold any trade-in price if you do that and any increase cost will also be passed on. If you’re set on that model and don’t mind the wait then hold them to the original deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

I got a call about 20mins ago from dealer saying that my order has been cancelled and they will give my deposit back.... said their whole production line has been cancelled and that I'll get a letter from Audi Ireland director with a full explanation. So I rang Audi Ireland direct... yea, same story about semi-conductors etc it's not just the Q4, lots of other models hit and it's a big deal and we're very sorry etc.

I ordered Aug-21, was told Jan, then Feb, then July and now nothing - FFS.. what a sh!t show!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

thats the thing they arent offering to hold anything, its here is your deposit back thanks and good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

:)

Youve quoted Cyrus who already has an eTron.

I'll let him describe the build issues he has suffered already.

Got my €1000 deposit back and put it on an Ioniq5 5 Premium Plus. More car, more spec. €1500 less. I'm thrilled. Test drove it Saturday. Love it. Delivery early April. Free charger too.

This could be very interesting for those already with the Q4, could either increase or rapidly decrease the resale value of a car that might now be considered rare.

The I5 is a very cool car, its a lot more EV than the Q4 which is just a nice premium mid sized SUV, the Ioniq still has that concept car look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I weighed up a Q4 but the value wasn't there for me. The reasonable looking price lures you in, then you realise that you need to select the bigger motor or it's too slow, and add 7 or 8 grand's worth of options just so it has the equipment that should come as standard for the price. Nice car but just wasn’t right for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

The Audi is a gorgeous looking machine,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Starting to realise that. My dad went from a A3 Saloon S-Line (2017) to a 22 Tucson instead of a Q3 for that very reason.

• Advertisement

For such a big issue (cancellation of hundreds of cars with cost of millions), I can't seem to find anything in the media on this which strikes me as odd.

I appreciate it's first world problems but I expected to see some coverage of it.

Until I see something official, it feels like I'm being fobbed off

You only see it in the media if it’s certain brands.

Also, because it’s an EV, they won’t make a song and dance about it IMO.

Audi will loose out here as many buyers will jump ship.

My letter arrived today....

Overall the letter feels disingenuous, half assed, a tick box exercise with a poor letter template, customer experience very poor, beyond dissatisfaction from my point of view and financially out of pocket now if I want to buy the same car when available again.

The dealer offered me a lower trim model (advanced instead of S line), 8km on the clock, 9months old, 2nd hand but €3k more expensive than my order!

Some cheek with "we hope to inspire you to purchase another audi in the future"

Did anyone else get the same letter, did you follow-up any further?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

That’s a miserable kick in the bollox, and to follow it up with a pitiful offer like that…..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

That's terrible Lenny. And some cheek to try upsell you a used car! Lower spec too. I'm an audi driver but I wouldn't drive anything other than S Line. I suppose its almost a ploy to make sure you don't have a price locked in too. Order again in the future and its going to be much more expensive. Sorry to hear that.

3,500 km and got a warning message 'Electrical Fault Warning: Contact workshop'. Others have reported needing battery management coolant pumps, or battery control units to resolve. Also reported it takes about two weeks. Audi Assist have been so far very good at organising the car to be collected, and setup a hire care for the duration.

Is it reasonable to expect an Electric car hire while this work is being done?

yes but almost no chance you’ll get one. Best I managed was a hybrid q5 after a lot of complaining .

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

I'm so lost which trim to go for - Wait time is 6-12 months. Site is not helpful either with specs comparison sheet.

I would like to have adaptive cruise control, Reversing Camera, Lane Assist, Side air bags etc. Shall i select sports or advance model and add the optionals?

• Are side air bags standard?
    • Assume adding Heat Pump at 1200 makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

My wife pulled the trigger on a 40 sport, waiting for an official build date, guessing mid-next year.

Anyone any insights into recent lead times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Nice motor, should just qualify for €5k grant if it’s get delivered before July next year too.

I rang Audi Limerick a few weeks back to enquire about one and the response was 10-11 months from order to delivery. Salesperson only seemed interested in selling new ICE cars they had in stock or overpriced demo model EV’s.

Advertisement