Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not smirking now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,778 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am have to check out some RAW Veer vs a Jobber was the most watched segment of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

if she’d been locked up before now that man would still be alive.

Paul Ellering will join them

10K capacity arena

Nottingham, UK: Gzim Selmani & Sunny Dhinsa, formerly known as WWE’s Authors of Pain, are proud to announce the launch of a brand-new professional wrestling promotion. 

Wrestling Entertainment Series (WES) will debut on June 4th live from the Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham, England, and will be available to watch live around the world on FITE.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They'll be lucky to get 1000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,193 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does everyone just start promotions these days? Anyone here want to help set one up for the craic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If I won the lotto I'd def do it! Perfectly encapsulates all my interests in life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'll put in 50k but I want the book and the wrestlers have to pretend to be my friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Virgil announcing he's now got stage 2 colon cancer, on top of the other recent health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

Some more reports on the AEW game. Sounds like the customisation and moveset options will be limited. Not all licensed music for entrances will be in the game (hardly surprising), there is seemingly some suggestion that entrances won't really be a thing and more that wrestlers will appear on the ramp, which lines up with what we've seen so far.

I'm really not sure about the rumours around this game. Going for a retro style is a valid take and makes sense if you're trying to become different to the 2K games but some of these things sound troubling. I understand them trying to get it out fast too if it is truly over budget but I don't know if this is the great alternative I was hoping for, especially if it's full price. Thoughts?

• Advertisement

If they're cutting back on the authenticity to that degree, it would want to have spectacular gameplay. To be the mid 2000s PES to WWE's Fifa.

I doubt that will happen though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Sounds more like the old TNA game, which wasn't bad at all, but didn't have much longevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I loved the old TNA game so would be happy with something along those lines. It's a bit worrying alright and I'm less excited than I was for it, with the talk of budget issues and if it tanks, I wonder would we ever get a second installment.

I think it was a very ballsy plan to begin with given the cost and how niche it will likely be. While I do think having it like the old games is a good alternative idea, taking out customisation and entrances and the like is something that they could do with even if it isn't in line with the older games. Just feels like the balance needs to be perfect to work. As is the graphics look a bit questionable which might turn some people on the fence off even if it is deliberate. Obviously the gameplay will be vital but still not sold on this.

I'd say the entrances will be like No mercy where they just come out on the stage and that's it.

Wonder if they could do a deal to launch on xbox Gamepass or something because tbh I really can't see it selling well unless the gameplay is 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I liked that old TNA game too, I really liked the story mode. Personally I will hold off any judgement until it's released, last two games I got excited about through hype alone were No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk! They were pure muck. I remember reading somewhere(don't ask me where) that they weren't expecting to turn a profit until the 5th installment of the game was released, so the investment was based on the long term plan rather than trying to make a profit straight away. Sure we'll see what happens. Hope it's decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think wrestling games is down to pure nostalgia.

I did enjoy WWE games from Shut Your Mouth to WWE '13, purely because that was when my WWE fandom was at it peak.

Five games down the road seems crazy though. I know for the first game in what is hopefully a series they're building a foundation for later entries. I'd also heard though that they plan to continually support the game with updates and that it probably won't be an annual release. In that case 5 games later could be a decade or more away.

At the very least if I have low expectations the game might deliver. Still early yet to make that call though.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

The guy who previously had worked on 2K13. Clickbait image aside, that can't be great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Seems this is the reason for the MJF contract dispute. Seemingly MJF wants a raise while he's in the middle of his current contract but Tony won't do that unless he signs for more years which MJF won't do.

Post edited by ThePott on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Give me more money or I'll leave only works if your threat doesn't include the possibility of you leaving even if you get more money, MJF doesn't have the power he thinks he does in this scenario.

If he did leave it would be very entertaining. Cody was quite polite but MJF would lean into the hate.

I think what's been said is on the ball as well, that it would set a horrible precedent. If a talent is given a raise while under contract, what's to stop anyone from requesting more money regardless of their contracted salary. Be interesting to see how it plays out, He's under contract for so much longer though that there's plenty of time for it to be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, if guys are coming in who are nowhere near as valuable as he is are earning more just cos they came from WWE, he'd be right to be a bit annoyed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Oh, he's completely justified in asking for a raise, but "pay me more money (and the push that comes with it) and in return I still might **** off in 18-24 months" is an interesting bargaining chip.

Should MJF be paid more? Almost certainly, but skewing your pay structure for someone who's giving you nothing in return is a quick path to bankruptcy.

A few more might try playing that card.

People who have been dubbed "Pillars of AEW" and are probably on less than Kyle O Reilly.

Fightful who broke the story are now saying MJF actually hasn't had any formal talks with AEW about a new deal or even raised the matter with them

Fightful are also reporting that Tony Khan would be willing to pay him comparable wages to other top talent.

So winge all you want on social media however if you want a pay rise have the balls to knock on Tony's door and ask your employer face to face.

Also MJF always working everyone all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

MJF is probably their most valuable wrestler imo, along with Hangman. Bryan, Punk, Moxley etc might be more valuable now but they're also a lot older. MJF should be a cornerstone for AEW for years. The other 3 "pillars" aren't even close.

Advertisement