Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most disturbing movie you have seen?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

American History X.

The prison rape scene is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a Hollywood film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭trashcan

Don’t actually remember that, (years since I’ve seen it) but I’ll never forget the “bite the kerb” scene. One of the most gruesome things I’ve ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I thought Midsommar & Under the Skin (the beach scene in particular) were both pretty disturbing but excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Mikey (1992) - film about an orphaned 9 year old psychopath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Texas chainsaw massacre for me. Im sure most hardcore horror movie buffs probably laughing at that but Christ it was graphic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Taxidermia - Foreign film, set somewhere in the Soviet Union.

The boy in the stripped pyjamas - I’ll never watch that film again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That film turned into a comedy for me. The acting was so bad, and the plot so contrived, I was laughing too often.

There's a guy close to where I grew up, his son was friends with my brother, and he made films on a '0-budget' and one or two of his films were better quality than The Wind that shakes the Barley. (The rest were very, very silly).

My brother loves those kind of historical movies, and he struggled to watch it to the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

• Advertisement

Why wasn’t the sequel called Human Millipede? They missed a trick there. 🪱

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

The prison rape scene in American History X is even more disturbing than the bite the kerb scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭NiceFella

An Irish film called "The Survivalist"

A post apocalytic ireland. Some very weird scenes. Overall quite grim. Compelling non the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭therapist3

Deepwater Horizon

It's so accurate about how rig life / characters are to feel absolutely real to me; the company man, the push, floorhands, all of them.

I've never watched the full thing because the heebie jeebies are too strong.

Well any scene like that is never going to be em wholesome. I would say that it's been hollywoodised and is probably more wholesome that the material that inspired it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

The excorcist

This was genuinely one of the more disturbing scenes, however. I've seen assaults in film, but that was far worse than irreversible, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭monkeyactive

easily possessor by Chronnenberg junior although I didn't really see it as I had to bail out , just cant stomach body horror at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Wolf Creek, I remember turning the DVD off early on and giving it away. I think some man was about to cut off some woman's tits at that stage, that was too much for me. I think that actress was in Home & Away in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

the campfire scene when the 'old guy' stares at yer man and the awkward silence that followed gave me the shivers big time🤐 you just knew something terrible is about to happen

*based on a true event i do believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Thought Wolf Creek was great myself.

Jesus I wouldn't agree with that

The accused is almost romantic in the context of the two

Yep, much of the cast were in other stuff before the film. If you haven't seen them in anything else before that, the film is probably more effective. It did great in the US, for one thing. And that was because they were unfamiliar with much of the cast's previous work. So being a cast of unknowns (to them) it felt all too real - so the movie did really well over there.

I think one of the leads was in Home and Away before the movie. She was in a few things, Aussie TV, and that's where I spotted her from.

Unfortunately, I was all too familiar with much of the actor's previous work, so while it was a decent film, it wasn't scary or anything. And nobody gets an involuntary mastectomy. (Not really a spoiler to comment on something that doesn't actually happen in the movie).

If ever a movie uses the 'based on a true event/ events/ story'... take that with a grain of salt. The director has said he was inspired by hitchhiker's murders, but none of what happened in the movie happened irl.

There's a movie with Milla Jovovich called 'The Fourth Kind' that also claims to have been based on a true story. It's completely fictional, not even inspired by events. Claimed to have been based on the writings of a Dr. Abigail Taylor.

There is no Dr Abigail Taylor. Even the 'real life' Abigail Taylor, who appears in the movie, is played by an actress named Charlotte Milchard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Clifford with Martin Short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Caitlin555

Human centipede, gross film😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

That was disturbing

Antichrist !!

The thought of Willem Dafoe ploughing in the shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Only seen that once when it was first released. Was thinking of it recently - I know I enjoyed watching it and thought I might rent it to see what I think of it now.

I only remember that he used to say “woman who birth me” instead of Mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sofasurfer90

Face off :D But I think that’s only because my brother let me watch it with him when I was like seven years old. The Shining still haunts me though…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Hostel for me ,the very concept of monetizing death for pleasure

Advertisement