Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I mostly use that but find a quick change to B handy when there’s slow traffic on the exit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

I get a (pretty instant) notification from the Connect app that the alarm is going off.

(btw, how annoying is that bug on the mobile version of boards this week - it keeps jumping up the page to an ad, as you type - It’s done it about 4 times while I typed this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Best tyres for id.3? Original bridgestones with 17000kms. About 3 mm left on rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Depends what you want. Some EV specific tyres have very poor wet grip and some of them don't even have full tread depth compared to their non EV counterparts.

Personally I'd go with a non EV tyre like the Michelin Primacy 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are you on a iphone?

I'd say you are as it was found in the feedback thread that it is happening on iphones. I cannot replicate the issue on my android 11 phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Happens on my iPhone too and it’s extremely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Wee spin up north today. First photo is the stop at castleBellingham, arrived with 6%/25kms, prior to charging.

Second is arrival in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

My id3 tech is finally at the port in Germany (had ordered August last year). Can you guys recommend a wall charger which could be connected to solar panels (plan to install PV panels at some stage). The dealer said I should have the car in 3 weeks max. Wondering if its possible for dealer to hold off registering till 1st of july to get 222 reg

Post edited by smpillai11 on

Since there's a lot of new VWs on the road, is Car 2x available and is it any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

My two back Bridgestone tyres need changing after 17000 km. I’ve the 4 tyre service plan, what make of tyres do any of ye recommend for replacement. Them Bridgestones didn’t last a length at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Did Cork Dublin with some local driving. Warm weather, strong tail wind and 100 kmh GPS speed def help to improve consumption. Used ab 71% of SOC combined. Started with 100%, used 42% to get to manor stone where we stopped to feed our toddler. Charged 12KWh (60-80%) in 18 min while we were there. The rest of the journey was 29% SOC. Not bad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Welcome back to the real capital, Seva. Decent consumption figures there.

I see you cleaned the screen between pics 🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

The Zappi is designed for use with Solar PV. I just got one installed this week and I have PV (but no EV yet..)anyway it clamps to your ESB incomer and monitors whether you are exporting or importing electricity. IF you are exporting and its over 1.4kW it will start charging the car.

I am sure a few of the other chargers do this but the Zappi was designed for this specific purpose. Never actually used it yet, getting my EV next month

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I've had about 120 km worth of range this week alone from my panels and the zappi. Their support is also first class if you have any problems, you can phone them up and they will sort out your problems over the phone. You can't beat that sort of service.

Thx Marty, its been a while:) Corkonians will most certainly disagree with your statement 😉 I didn't clean the screen just found a better angle to hide the layers of fingerprints🤣

I have the wallbox pulsar plus and it can be used with solar also and you can control the amount of amps that go to the car but the installer told me it can be made to work with solar pv automatically but being able to control the amps that go to the car mean you can charge the car when generation is low or take full advantage if you got max power from the array.

The main reason I would recommend the Wallbox is the sheer simplicity of using it compared to the Zappy which is a complicated mess by comparison. The 2nd reason is that it's tiny and a lot neater than the Zappy and doesn't need a separate expensive box to allow internet connectivity.

What the wall box doesn't allow yet is monitoring the house energy consumed but any cheap energy monitor can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

We could be close to a rare good news post on this thread-

Before that though has anyone been offered the RTI or return to invoice insurance plan by VW ? It’s coming in at €399. Is it worth it or just another sales add on initiative?

https://www.joeduffy.ie/offers/finance/combined-guaranteed-asset-protection/

They always try to sell you the RTI, the gardex paint protection and the dent/scratch policies. None of them are compulsory. The RTI is the only one I have and the price varies from dealer to dealer.

Mine was €399 but @Rusky rusky I think paid €499. I'm in Dublin and he's in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Advertisement

GAP insurance through a dealer is based on price. €299 cars up to €30k, €399 up to €40k, €499 up to €50k. You don't have to get it from VW.

You don't have to get it at all if you don't want to. From what I understand it's there to cover the full value of the car for finance purposes if the car is written off, if someone else crashes into you can you claim on their insurance to clear the full finance value or do you still need GAP to cover the shortfall of market value Vs finance value even if it's someone else's fault? Personally I wouldn't bother with GAP insurance unless I absolutely need it for someone else causing a wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Bought my ID.3 i feb 2021 for 33 grand. 2020 models on sale now for 39 grand!

My car was 40.5k list price, rusky got the cheaper 34k one and was quoted the higher amount.

ive a good few EV’s in the 1-3year old range saved for a while on carzone, along with some of the ‘cheaper’ but still silly money 192 model 3’s (€45-47k ish, it’s the base SR+ Fremont model with the older battery and was I believe €48k when it was new!) - all the ad’s are still active after a few months now, so I wonder are things really selling at those lofty prices or is it just people chancing their arm.

Post edited by sk8board on

Yes, in Cork it was €499. No movement on the price.

Just a quick update on the return leg Dublin Cork. No extra charging this time, started with 98% arrived with 24%, 100kmh on motorways, dry weather, some crosswind from Portlaoise onwards, aircon at 18C all the way. GOM showed ab 390km range at the start, arrived with 111km left. Not bad for a 1.5yo battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wow 18 degree's you must like your heat. I'd be sweating at that temp. Unless you are one of those people who drive around in a t-shirt.

Am I reading those images correctly that 74% of the battery, driving very economically/conservatively, in pretty ideal conditions, was 261km? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

It’s capped at €11,500 on the top up payment.

We are lucky enough to be getting a Tour 5 at the agreed price last August- €41,110 it’s now €43,687.

The Tours along with other spec’s are being discontinued and only preordered stock will be available. When that stock runs out your only option is the 58kw Life DX- no more 77kwh id3’s

All ev’s are suffering from price over inflation, second hand teslas and an id3 Tour recently going for more than the new model.

2020/21 id3 1st’s being sold for more than the price when new.

If my new purchase was to need replacing the market will dictate the insurance payout and should negate the need to take out this extra policy ?

Im somewhat on the fence having had my one year old leaf pollaxed in a rear ender, the insurance company at the time screwed me on the value but it was 2017 when nobody wanted ev’s and the ecars were at their worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

The wallbox does look very neat and compact. It seems cheaper on amazon than their own website. How much did you pay for installation?

Advertisement