Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sasha Banks and Naomi walk out of Raw mid taping (Backstage drama Megathread)

Options
  • 17-05-2022 7:30am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nothing like some behind the scenes drama, is there. Last night on Raw, Sasha Banks and Naomi were to be involved in a six pack main event to determine the new number one contender for the women’s title. However, there was a last minute change after the two walked out. The match was to put the two against Nikki Ash, Doudrop, Auska and Becky.

WWE issued the following statement….

According to online people, this guy is close friends with Naomi, and seems to give their side of the story (though I’m not 100% on this….).

the tldr on their side is they grew fed up with their creative direction as tag champs, and after a few bad meetings with directive, walked in protest.

WWE statement is absolutely wild. Whatever side of the story is true, they’ve absolute savages the two women, especially with the bit about them not feeling safe with two of the other participants.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Frightful Select:

Those close to the situation said that Naomi and Sasha Banks didn't claim that they didn't want to work with Becky Lynch or Asuka, though that was implied in WWE's statement, and those were the two women referenced. Instead, we're told that Sasha Banks and Naomi were angling to work with Nikki ASH and Doudrop at the PPV. The talent themselves hadn't heard that Sasha and Naomi considered anyone "unsafe" until the statement was released. WWE talent also got the statement in their internal talent relations app.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hopefully they can smooth things over with Naomi but let Sasha sit at home because this is now a pattern with her. Vince didn’t take this from Austin and he’s not taking it from miss boo boo face herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The universe won't be happy with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm surprised it took this long to fall apart, given Banks' dead behind the eyes demeanour since being put with Naomi.

I imagine what will happen now is Naomi will end up back there while Sasha is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Reading that the original plan was for Naomi to go over last night and face Bianca at HIAC.......now I wonder who decided that they were being disrespected and floated the idea of walking out....🤔

• Advertisement

That statement reads as a total work

So Naomi will do what Bayley did and come back.

That doesn’t make sense because if Naomi was going over and would get a title match against one of the hottest stars in the company, then why would she take herself out of the main event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

"So after one final meeting with yourselves and asking others, you make the ultimate decision as a team."

Okay but Naomi has some degree of protection from being married into the Bloodline angle whether she's using it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Fire the two of them and move on in Wrestling you do as you're told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought the same

Why not just put Sonya, Lacey or Alexa in the match instead of the tag champs?

I feel Naomi deserves another singles reign

Sasha is pushing for a Trish Stratus match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hard to respect them as champions when there's no real tag division. Who's the next thrown together team for them to face?

And Becky and Asuka are dangerous? Pretty sure any of Sasha's injuries came from her being wreckless.

naomi does deserve another run. Let’s hope a Sasha banks and Trish match never happens ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

From one of the threads, it sounds like the plan was for Sasha to be fed to Bianca and Naomi to be fed to Ronda, and no plans for to defend their tag titles as a result. I can understand why they'd both be pissed off with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Good on Sasha & Naomi walking out. It sounds like this isn't an isolated incident and they have had issues with Vince/production staff a lot recently. The WWE statement makes me think something bad was said and they were trying to get out in front of it.

Personally I'd love to see Sasha outside WWE and see what she is really capable of. She has a huge following and has the potential to be a difference making star. The fact that she is relegated to a bit part player for the likes of Charlotte, Ronda and Becky says it all about WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

WWE in a toxic relationship with it's employees shocker

Didn't Toni Storm walk out of a show around Christmas and was never seen in WWE again? Worked out well for her so far

I don't think it's a work. No way you'd put stuff like they rehearsed and constructed their match + WWE is a scripted show in a statement.

Can't see either being released because of what happened though. Naomi is basically family with Roman and Sasha is one of their biggest stars in the womens division. Can't see them handing AEW someone like Sasha unless she moves into acting instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sasha in AEW would be hilarious, because if this is what she's like in WWE imagine how annoying she'd be in AEW, insider shoots about "Boo Boo Face", working her **** lucha libre against girls with 3 matches on dark, Honestly I'm here for it.

Bianca BelAir is better than both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Banks should do an excursion in Japan with Stardom I think. She'd be huge there and it would give her the chance to actually wrestle the best women's wrestlers around. Sendai would also be interesting but the main draw there is wrestling Meiko Satomura and I can't imagine WWE allowing that when she's also in NXT UK.

Can sasha not think abut poor snoop and the effect this will have on his wwe relationship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Might be a work, might not be a work. Who can tell anymore.

But if its real? They're marks for themselves. Both are earning good money and neither is getting jobbed out like some poor smuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pair of fùcking marks. "We're not being made to look cool :'("

If it is a work, it's so stupid. That "shoot" crap like saying "rehearsing" and "scripted" is so lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Looking at the wwe statement again, yeah it's real. Wwe would never say 'rehearse their match' in a story line fashion. In the realm of wrestling, wrestling is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just thinking about it, is this the third summer in a row with Sasha drama?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fair play to them don't let the man walk all over you if your not happy and they won't let you quit do something to get them to fire you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I honestly find the comments saying the women should have shut up and do as they’re told absolutely wild.

for years, everyone’s complained about the shocking state of WWE and it’s creative direction, how under-utilised so many people are, are awful the standard of storytelling is. And you’ve got two people here call WWE out on it, and try to stand up for themselves and their value, and people are abusing them.

Honestly, I can only have respect for people who stand up for themselves like that. WWE looks like one of the most toxic work environments I’ve ever seen, and a large part of that is people being too cowardly to actually put their money where their mouth is and take action when unhappy.

Id imagine they will be takin long breaks from WWE TV and probably rightly so. Probably would be fired if not for the fact they’d waltz into AEW next week. But I can only respect their desire to stand up for themselves here.

Will they be forced to take a drug test like jeff hardy was when he walked out of a house show

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

cant wait for the resident wwe superfan to defend the fed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HHH is really missed

I wonder what Mr. Naomi Uso has to say although he is lucky to still be employed

Shayna seems to be on their side

Advertisement