Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's going to be fun predicting the team for tonight.

Alisson

Gomez Matip Konate Tsimikas

Jones Henderson Keita

Jota Origi Diaz

That's my guess. But who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I'd be keeping Diaz off the field unless absolutely necessary. He and TAA put in such shifts on Saturday, I'd be mind of injuring him through over-use/not enough recovery time ahead of the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Looking at the potential lineups doesn't fill me with confidence. This could well be the match when the stupid number of games played this season finally catches up with the team.

If I was a betting man, Southampton in their final home game of the season at 8-1 against a tired and depleted Liverpool, looks like value.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

just seen the sports illustrated story saying PSG had offered him big bucks if they miss out on pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Bobby surely starts tonight. He looked well off the pace when he came on against Chelsea. He definitely needs minutes ahead of the champions league final if he is to play any part.

I wouldnt expect either of Henderson or Thiago not to start after playing full 120 mins. They were both wrecked by the end of match. Henderson in particular needs to be looked after just in case Fabinho doesnt make final.

Hard to predict what the team will be but id say he will go with something like

Allison

Milner

Keita Jones

Jota Bobby Diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Apparently we are looking at Antony now. Has been very good anytime I've seen him but definitely needs to add more final product to his game.

If we are looking at a replacement for Salah if he doesn't sign a new contract then I wouldn't be opposed to Antony but I'd prefer Raphina. I think the club might prefer Antony though as he's younger and probably cheaper and himself, Diaz and Jota all under 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

🤷‍♂️ I thought all Ajax players were now Man U players 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Good to know - Tchoumani sounds like some Chinese knock off of the real deal. Tchouameni is the player Klopp wants and it would a disaster if the club were to sign a player with a similarly spelt name instead.

It was reported a few weeks ago that Tchouameni's representatives were told that Pogba was the priority signing for the PSG midfield. In contrast, after his representatives met Liverpool, Klopp had a conversation with Tchouameni and was very excited about the prospect of him strengthening the Liverpool midfield. That personal touch can swing things in favor of our club - It's not always about the money, sometimes the player needs to feel the love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Oh, Haaland out, Karim Adeyemi in. I didn't know, stepping stone club, good move in fairness. 32m deal, and only 20. That could be a better signing that Haaland, or Mbappe long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

I was thinking the same, Hasenhüttl calling tonight Southampton's Champions League final & the way he reacted to beating us last season would seem he'll have them well up for tonight. Hopefully we find away of winning again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Glad we’re not signing him, because if we also got the lad from Monaco we’d have Tchoumani midfielders then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

My guess at a team tonight looking at injuries and rest needed -

Alisson

Jones Milner Minamino

Origi Firmino Jota

Could possibly change Minamino for Oxlade-Chamberlain or even Elliott in midfield, but not sure what their fitness is like or their form. I just like Minamino and think he deserves a chance after being top scorer for us in both cups we won and not getting any playing minutes in either final. That and his history with Southampton which always makes a good story if he were to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Firmino

Mane

Salah

Keita

Ox

Can all sign else where in 6 months. and we hear very little about deals for them. Mane deserves a raise, so he should get it. Firmino not so much, he's on 180k already? Almost double what Mane gets. Ox gets more than Mane too, so don't see a raise, more likely to leave. Keita on 120k, age is on his side, so young, a new deal would be fitting at 140k

Salah who knows, on 200k, selling him could be a great chance to buy two of the best aged 22-25.

Bar Alisson and one of Konate/Matip our second string (not a bad team mind).

While we still have an okay chance of winning the league it wont be THAT "weak" - especially midfield.

I think it will be something close to that line-up, maybe Minamino starts in place of Diaz. It seems very much like a third round of the FA Cup line-up apart from the goalkeeper.

The recent three game pattern for managing Keita's minutes has been a full game, a 60-70 minute game and a spot on the bench. He played the full game against Villa last week, got 75 minutes against Chelsea, so tonight should be his rest game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The only ones I’d be willing to bet money on starting tonight are Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Kostas, Keita and Jones. Everyone else have different levels of doubt for me, even Milner who should be starting but played a fair amount of football on Saturday despite coming off the bench and his age means recovery is that bit more difficult.

I’m not sure whether I’d like to see Ox starting or not, I can’t imagine he’s fit enough and he was never much good coming back into the team until he put a few games together. It’s mad that he was originally expected to be Firmino’s understudy this season, which just hasn’t panned out for him at all.

Lads, City have dropped points in nearly a quarter of their matches in the current season. They are under huge pressure. We need to win tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Elliott starting tonight according to Twitter rumours....

City have dropped points in nearly a quarter of their matches in the current season.

If we're 3 points behind them going into this game, could the same not be said of the mentality monsters? 🤔😀

If Milner isn't fit to start then we have to fall back to Tyler Morton because Curtis Jones and Naby Keita are not really options to anchor the midfield.

The Legends game against Barca awhile back raised £1m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

Oh grammar police. Very good if you wanna get it right, Tchouaméni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm assuming that Milner & Jones are starting as they are the 2 that have been mostly involved the last while and are not in danger of being pushed into the redzone.

A midfield 3 of Milner Jones & Elliot is very risky. It will need Bobby dropping back to help them out I'd say. It's a midfield that needs a bit of helping, even if Milner is there doing his hand holding as there is no natural holding midfielder. Milner, even in his advancing years, is still someone who likes to make runs beyond the ball and also tends to move wide too. Jones did play holding midfielder against Norwich in the league cup this season tho which was interesting. Maybe he plays there again tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I’d be disappointed if we go as weak as some here are predicting. Imagine we go weak and draw or lose, and then City are held to a draw by Villa.

I'd say we'll be very strong. Hopefully as strong as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Imagine we go strong, pick up a few more injuries and lose the CL final and the league as City beat Aston Villa.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think Klopp will pick a team to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They have all the sorts science lads there anyway, so I don’t think anyone will be really risked… he’ll pick whatever the strongest healthy team he can. Have to figure something like: Ali, Gomez, Matip, Konate, Tsimi, Milner, Naby, Jones, Bobby, Jota, Div.

With some smashing options on the bench to give half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, St Joseph's Boys are raffling 2 tickets to Liverpools 3rd home game next season - tickets are 10e each and limited to 300.

It's to fundraise for the u13s trip to go to a tournament in Madrid in September.

If anyone wants one please PM me and I'll send on details. I'm not involved in the draw but my young lad is on the team.

Cheers

Thiago would control that game tonight. If he's fit he needs to play imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Anyone think Kelleher could play in any of the last 2 games

Alisson starts. Milner Elliot Jones midfield. Taki Bobby Jota upfront back 4 as expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That midfield worries me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That is a lighter midfield than I expected. Assumed Keita would start as he only played 70 at the weekend and had the Spurs game off as well (well he came on for 2 minutes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Strong bench to change things if needed in the second half at least anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Don't love it. Where is Sadio?

Edit: don't love it at all. I'm very worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Which Williams is on the bench?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not loving that team at all. There is still alot of experience out there and as long as we somehow get the 3 points, we'll all be happy.

Midfield....... could work but I'm doubtful if they will give us the necessary possession amd power we might need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Should be enough there to hold Southampton, Diaz Robbo and ox on in the second to finish the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

A clean sheet will be vital here. Defenders and Alisson will need to be close to perfect

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan. But with Origi, not Ox. Hendo might see the pitch too from 60 onwards.

I can see Jots, Taki and Elliott causing problems for Southampton but they just seem a bit small physically, compared to some of them Southampton player's...

Klopp knows best anyway... 🙂

R Williams

N Williams can't be re-registered after his loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

There is nothing wrong with Keleher last game of the league and give Allison a few days off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm thinking origi with 15 left, ox will be a handy dropback option, very much looking like the plan is to run the legs off them and just do enough.

I'm not doubting klopp, trust the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Surprising line up in one way, but given the game last Saturday, not that surprising really. What is a surprise is that the likes of Elliot and Taki weren't given minutes here and there to keep their eye in over the last month, but look Klopp knows best. Whatever happens, him and his backroom team have all the info to make the decisions, we dont.

Advertisement