Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stoofer

For those making use of the 10 off 50 coupons, watch out that certain items don't qualify.

Obviously, alcohol and infant formula are excluded but some surprising items to me that haven't had the discount applied include certain vitamin supplements (e.g. cod liver oil tabs) and the protein bars that were on offer this past week. The bars caught me out as my shopping total came to 50.85 after the weekly app offer discounts were applied but the further tenner wasn't taken off. Normally, I'd have about 55-60 worth of groceries and wouldn't have noticed. I haven't had any issues with the multitude of random middle aisle items I've bunged in the trolley

Are there any other items you have noticed don't have the money off discount applied?

Excluded items are alcohol, newspapers, medicines, gift cards, infant formula, mobile top-up and checkout bags. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^

Possibly Lotto tickets.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Newspapers always work for me, even though they're listed as excluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Children’s snacks didn’t quality for me a few weeks back!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭crayon80

OMFG I did 2 food-only shops this week of just over 50 quid, spent more than usual to get the discount but none of the €10 codes worked. But each included a pack of protein bars.

Rather annoyed that it cost me €26.43 for 6 bars! 🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

What do the protein bars come under on the excluded list.... medicine?

Also what are the codes A, C etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats pretty frustrating especially when you're spending more than what you normally would to get the tenner off. And its not like you can contact them to say it given we're not supposed to be using these vouchers anywhere but the store they are intended for. I get protein bars the odds time, they'll be a hard avoid for me now if Im using a voucher.

A B and C are VAT rates

A is 0%, eg fresh fruit, tinned foods, pasta

B 13.5%, eg cakes, biscuits

C 23% eg chocolate, also other luxury goods like tissues and apple juice 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shopper59

I’ve used the €10 off recently and I thought alcohol was excluded. On one shop it gave the reduction on a bottle of wine. On the next shop it didn’t for the same wine. It seems to be hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

PARKRUN011

Corn on the Cob or Gala Apples this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

I think the same thing happened to me.... my shopping was just over €50 and I didn't get the €10 off but I thought it was because I was in my local Lidl.

Expensive protein bars alright 🙄

I don't understand why they are excluded though, what section do they come under on this list?

Excluded items are alcohol, newspapers, medicines, gift cards, infant formula, mobile top-up and checkout bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Maybe medicine because of the protein? I know they're a restricted product regardless because when I buy them at the self checkout at my lidl I have to always get a staff member to verify that I'm over 16 as when I scan them an age warning pops up because they can't tell to under 16s, maybe why it doesn't work with voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Looks like that pre-cooked corn that retails at about €50, it’s rotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

* 50 cents.

apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

saw a few bags in the shop - XXL Classico range, at 8.99 now ; up from 6.99 few months ago...

as a side note, a company that mixes water+CO2+food colourings is trying to convince me the new 'normal' price for a slab of 24 cans of sugar free cola is €15 , up from €10 ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I came across this thread by accident and thanks to this thread I saved €10 on my shopping, delighted on that saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Tesco are giving a 10 off 30 voucher when you download the new Tesco ireland app. Voucher is emailed to you within 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah the kilo bags of Bellarom coffee beans were 6.99 for years but then they took a jump to 7.99 for about two months and then up again to the 8.99 now. Coffee everywhere has risen by 20-30% in the last year. Which is why I try to stock up with 5 bags of it when the XXL promotion comes along as then its 1.2kg per bag so you get 6kg for the price of 5kg The XXL brings it down from 9 per kg to 7.50/kg and then matched with the 10 off 50 voucher it goes down further to 6 euro a kilo.So 33% off all up, its a proper inflation buster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

me too yesterday and i used both codes today in 2 seperate transactions and saved 20! thanks all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Diesel hasn't increased in price in the last 8 weeks, it's still very expensive but it hasn't increased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 CP05

Thanks, are people driving to one of the 3 listed stores to use this voucher or do they work in any store despite what the terms and conditions say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭amber2

Next weeks treats

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shanemartin1981

Does the €10off work on middle isle stuff?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah I bought earphones for one of the smallies and it worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,601 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dark Chocolate or Wine Gums on scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

in case the word wine makes you curious

What are the parkrun freebies this week please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gormal

I got White chocolate or clingfilm on the scratch card 🤔 today.

They've changed the wrapping on the dark chocolate 🍫... happy hunting 😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

It wasn't the only thing that went up in price this week. I noticed a few other rises of 10 to 15c.

Advertisement