Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo No Service - 'Temporarily Unavailable'

Options
  • 18-04-2022 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

I am yet to see the live chat option show up on the GoMo website so am stuck with contacting them on the page with a 24hr response unfortunately.

Have been with GoMo since they started. Never missed a bill and worked pretty much perfectly until today.

Made a phone call at 2pm, which worked fine, then looked at the phone about 20 mins later to see my signal vanished. That's fine, they're probably doing maintenance on the mast or something.

Two hours later I still don't have a signal so go into my network settings to see 'GoMo (Temporarily Unavailable)' this is despite my partner's GoMo signal being perfect right next to me. I go in to manually select a network to see six options, all GoMo, and all listed as 'Forbidden'. All of them have strong signals.

I've rebooted the phone and tried the sim in another device, no joy. Has anyone else had this problem?

My GoMo page online has no messages or issues about my account. I can't figure it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

My own service fine, no issues, Laois Area. Their chat service rarely available at weekends and I'd say not today as its a Bank Holiday.

I was thinking could it be an eir network issue in your area but as you say your partners service fine.

Have you tried your partners sim in your phone, this would at least eliminate your phone being issue, also try your sim in partners device, this will then confirm sim / account issue.

You can email gomo through your gomo account but honestly customer service utterly dreadful. 2 days to respond to emails. Chat should be available tomorrow.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Farmleigh1980

I am new to GOMO. Fine for a few weeks, but today have 'not registered on network'. When I try to fix through Settings, I get (eventually) 'Unable to connect. Try later'. Brilliant, or what! Is GOMO really a bad network???

I'm almost two years with them, perfectly fine and I live in the sticks. Customer service utterly dreadful but I've never needed it, thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Gomo works just fine

They piggyback on the Eir network and Eir had big issues today, not gomos fault

Just unfortunate timing for you, like above I have been with them from day 1 with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Downdetector.ie would indicate eir and gomo are having issues today.

downdetector.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

They dont just piggy back off the Eir network, they ARE Eir. It is the discount side of Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Just wondering if anyone is still without service, I'm with Eir and its gone since yesterday morning ?

Fine on GoMo this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The network provided time has been off as well for me and colleagues, my phone says it's 6:19 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

On GoMo as well, it died for an hour or two around lunchtime yesterday but came back then. I noticed that time change also so I set the time manually & then put it back to network time. It's been correct since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They've mentioned on Twitter about the outage still affecting some and that they are working on the network provided time. My service was similar to yours @opus back working ok since yesterday. Hopefully they get it sorted soon for others.

Advertisement