Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

"Read receipt" sending wànkers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My laptop/internet connection would just have to let me down right at the moment I had a virtual interview for a potential life-changing job. They were sound enough to conference call me into it and didn't mind at all, but it's still so embarrassing. Can't help feel it has scuppered my chances.

By all means though, work perfectly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Opened my car window at lunchtime because it was very stuffy and wanted my car to be airy in the evening.

Cue a shower of rain around 3pm andy carseat got wet.

Drove home with a soggy arse.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've seen it all now...a pop up ad for an ad blocker 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Clicking Quote / (Reply) doesn't scroll you to the bottom of the page, but clicking Thanks scrolls you back to the thanked post if you scroll away from it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Quoting / (Replying) to a post adds it to the bottom of the current page, separate from the Quoted post, instead of at the end of the newest page.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,943 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I see that , must have rejigged the afternoon lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Middle-Upper management in my job.

I work in Pharma sales, am good at my job, hit good numbers.

My colleagues and I i.e. the Salesforce are the ones working on the ground, the ones that actually earn the money for this multibillion € company.

The managers haven’t a clue what it’s like on the ground, they seem to spend their days cooking up schemes designed purely to waste our time in the most irritating manner possible. Honestly I wish they would just **** off and allow us to get on with our work. The company would be a whole more profitable if we were out selling and making calls rather than sitting in meetings listening to these psychopaths fellating each other in a game of “who’s the best at BS corporate speak?”.

I actually really like the part of my job that’s actually my job i.e. selling new and interesting medicines to doctors.

Managers making up bullshit for us to do which they can show the higher ups to show they’re doing things makes me really hate my job. It’s a shame.

Middle management is a massive internal diseconomy of scale and the bean counters at Global don’t seem to have copped it somehow. Global. Jesus I’ve become a shill…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I agree with the middle management assessment, although, according to your post, i am probably very busy in the fellating meetings myself.

You’ll find that a lot of your confusion and frustration boils down to miscommunication, and inept middle managers who simply fail to understand and translate the strategies, and who therefore give you unclear directions. Far too many people in these roles lack the appropriate skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Every two or three months or so a manager should be required to work as a line employee for one shift…

a fitness business ? Yes, take four classes on Thursday.

a logistics business? Yes, take out a rigid and deliver those pallets to warehouses and be ready for collections later in the day..

a garage ? Yes, service Mr Smiths Jaguar F-Pace and call him and bare the brunt of his ire because the replacement oil filter didn’t arrive from the supplier…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Mmyeah maybe but a lot of their “strategies” are bollocks to begin with. For example we’ve a new business unit director who fancies himself a bit of a numbers guy. Wants each salesman to complete a 12 question survey in our CRM software on the habits relating to treatment of a certain disease for every single healthcare professional on each of our patches…could have up to a thousand each..

It was put to him that we literally would not have the slightest clue as to the data he wanted, even the doctors themselves wouldn’t know (and we had been expressly told never to ask them directly). He heard all this and basically said “Just do it okay”.

So now we’re wasting hundreds of man hours (which could be spent doing our actual jobs) inputting completely random, made up nonsense numbers into CRM surveys to build profiles and “personas” for our target clients that have literally no strategic value whatsoever.

I understand their reasoning in the first place but that typical inability of managers to gracefully accept contradiction from their lowers (those actually in the know of the reality of the industry) and listen to us now ends as a massive waste of time that we all resent.

And in the end this moron will present the fruits of our pointless labour to some other clueless bloodsucker up the ladder who’ll think it’s fantastic and yer man will be promoted. Would make you lose the will to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The crows living near my house are brazen and no fear of humans. They won't even shoo away any more, one of them walked into my kitchen today, looked around then just walked back out

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Why is it so hard to get flat pillows? Why are all pillows so thick? I can't lie on my back if it's that high, even the distance from my shoulder to my ear isn't enough to make a high pillow comfortable.

Yes, I am typing this in bed...... Uncomfortably.....

Actually I have the opposite TA

. All my pillows are flat and I need new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Irish Mirror website, it's totally unfit for purpose. If the giant cookies notification doesn't get you, the pop up videos will. An utter disgrace of a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Cyclists who trundle along outside of bollard-protected cycle lanes.

Also, to the person listening to "Dance Monkey" on the bus on speaker - DIE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dog hair f****** everywhere!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm on holidays. Here the hunting season is completely closed between the middle of April and the beginning of October. Yet, for the past two hours, I've been hearing gunshots. I hope the poachers get a dose of their own medicine. I'm more than trivially annoyed.

Clay shooters maybe, most lad's I know who shoot do clays on the off season

• Advertisement

I think Wordle and sites are monitoring my online presence. As I've posted I've haven't been feeling great this last while ( etiquette thread ^^^^^^ ) . Opened the Wor.dle word for today and it was ******..coincidence? I think not 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They spent im reading in the region over 300,000 installing protected cycle lanes each way on Collins Ave Extension yet you have plenty of people still cycling along on the path and on the roadway… beyond bizarre…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

All the lads I know are Gun Club members , so out of season wouldn't go down well. Rabbits?

Nope, no rabbits around here. Only the odd hare that survives the winter season and their clutches. Pheasants and song birds, mostly. Like I said, I'm on hols at the moment. Here, gun club members and poachers are one and the same, depending on the season.

Out of order. Even during season its not much sport when pheasants are hand reared and would nearly come to you with a bit of coaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

My neighbours sons and daughters (Grown up) come to visit them every day and they do this thing where when they leave one stands in the doorway and the other sits in their car with the window rolled down out on the road.

They then have a conversation for about five or ten minutes before they leave, which consists of one shouting up the driveway at the one standing at the door (general chat, weather etc. not agro) Then they shout bye, see ya etc. like three or four times at each other before they leave.

It's like they want the whole neighbourhood to hear their conversation. It doesn't help that the whole family are loud in general, you know the type where you think that they all might have undiagnosed hearing problems as they are constantly shouting when they talk, even if you are standing right beside them.

Seems like half the road space in South Dublin has been given over to them, but some people still won't use them. If there's traffic coming in the other direction you haven't a hope of getting past because the roads have been narrowed so much to accommodate the cycle lanes in the first place 🙄

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Busybodies in the office trying to guilt trip as I won’t join their croissant & pastries & juice rota

Every Friday somebody brings them in. I have never consumed anything or ever asked to be on a list so why would I start now?

I do not want to join but saying once is not enough. I have to say it several times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

@mikemac2 they are just jealous of you being able to resist - have will power - refrain from goodies.. try not to be mad about it... if you join in it will make them feel less guilty about their indulging.. just smile and politely say "no thanks"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement