Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo mass shooting - Great Replacement Theory & the long trail of blood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

If you were a friend of mine, I'd advise a visit to a neurologist or something, as you seem to regular see thing that aren't there, and that's not normal.

Well that's a lovely bit of personal abuse isn't Tom.

Stick to the topic at hand there tomtom will ya no need to get angry and try and abuse me because you cant argue your point.

Anyway have a read there tom and you will see I questioned Foxsake on their post and I am questioning you on your post, so you're not even responding to what actually happened in the thread.

Do you believe the great replacement theory is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Do you believe it?

Who is driving this change?

Do you believe the great replacement theory?

Is it the Jews replacing everybody or is it the democrats trying to replace American citizens with third world voters. Do you believe this theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Should be called the Great Equality Theory where some people are hell bent on making all races equal, the ba$tards.

The link you posted says that this theory is that " native white Europeans are being replaced in their countries by non-white immigrants from Africa and the Middle East, and the end result will be the extinction of the white race."

No mention of jews or democrats?

So which is it?

So the first paragraph of my link is not this quoted below?

Once largely relegated to white supremacist rhetoric, “The Great Replacement” has made its way into mainstream consciousness in the past several years. From the chants of “Jews Will Not Replace Us” on the University of Virginia campus to then-U.S. Rep. Steve King’s tweeted protest, “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies,” to Fox News’ Tucker Carlson’s complaints that the Democratic party is attempting to “replace the current electorate” with “third-world voters,” the racist conspiracy theory has well and truly arrived."

No mention of Jews, no mention of democrats there Dyr?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think what we're seeing here is 21st century Nazism being pushed hard by US conservatives. It's spreading across the world and at some point we're going to have to deal with it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

No mention of jews or democrats?

So which is it?

Democrats or the democratic party are named 6 times in that article.

With Jews also mentioned 6 times.

And the left mentioned twice.

So which is it .......

🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

To say that this is on the unhinged side is putting it mildly. I doubt you've done much thinking about it at all, and you're simply parroting the hysteria you hear from American news outlets and activists, hysteria that's often substances-less. You selectively focus on the terrorism that you want, and ignore all the terrorism that you don't want to focus on too.

I'd ask you to show me this hard push for Nazism, but we both know that it would be a waste of time, as there isn't a push for Nazism from the right in America. Fringe lunatics snapping and taking action isn't proof of anything in regard to the collective right. To people like yourself, wanting to stop illegal immigration, rejecting modern leftism, and being any way religious, is enough to lump people into the "Nazi" category. A large part of the non white world believes in all those things, and you'd never dare call them Nazis.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

In fairness, you're the guy arguing the merits of a white supremacist conspiracy theory... The most watched news network in the US promotes this kind of crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭foxsake

Funnily, Democrats like this are far closer to the Nazi mindset than most of the people accused of being Nazis.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

No mention of Jews or Democrats when the author describes what this Great Replacement actually is, as defined by the person who first coined the phrase. He then extrapolates that others have added conspiracy theories to it about Jews and such

So which is it? Is this great replacement theory, the original theory that Europeans are being (or will be) replaced in their homelands?

Or is it the the great replacement theory the belief that this replacement is a result of a conspiracy by some other group?

You seem to use both definitions interchangeably, almost like a motte and bailey...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No, this is what's unhinged.

To people like yourself, wanting to stop illegal immigration, rejecting modern leftism, and being any way religious, is enough to lump people into the "Nazi" category. A large part of the non white world believes in all those things, and you'd never dare call them Nazis.

Proof?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Another poster lying through their teeth. I've said nothing about the theory.

The simple fact that you think that the American right is morphing into modern Nazism, when the large majority of them simply believe in those things, and not Nazism.

Thread on an incident in America. Article has examples of the jews and the Democrats being blamed for the great replacement in US media, by politicians and examples where the jews and democrats have been included in manifesto by racist murderers (in the USA) but you don't see the relevance.

Ok dyr, Ok

Anyway which great replacement theory do you believe in. Are the muslims replacing the white race in Europe?

Who is allowing that to happen do you think?

Nvm, mistook you for one of the other posters claiming it to be true. So you are annoyed by people highlighting a particular racist conspiracy theory being promoted by the American right?

On top of this, the conspiracy theory has influenced numerous terror attacks across the globe. But the left is the problem?

• Advertisement

So nothing then. As expected.

Yeah, I'm more than happy to believe that the overwhelming majority of GOP voters are lovely, decent people who for various reasons vote Republican.

It's the leadership, the commentariat and others driving this I take issue with.

For all the racist drivel spewed about radicalization, grooming gangs and Sharia law, it turns out that Conservatives were just jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭foxsake

so it exists....you just call it something else...

progress i guess.

You mean do I believe that Europeans are being replaced by non Europeans in some European countries.

That's a not a belief it's just a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So are Europeans being kicked out of Europe and non Europeans taking their place?

If not, how is anyone being 'replaced'?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You make a lot of assumptions that other people make a lot of assumptions. Almost like you make a lot of assumptions and assume that everyone else does too.

These American mass shooters are always doped up on prescription pills - anti-depressants and anti-anxiety and all sorts of mind-altering stuff.

If there is a "long trail of blood" (🙄) it's more likely to lead back to the pharmaceutical industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Right wingers once again downplaying a terror attack, when its one of them that does it.

Advertisement