Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

But were they ugly ?

• Narrow it down cawlur

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I reckon Patrica will be praying for all us sinners at 3,

Wouldn't it be great if she cracked open a can, lit up a spliff and just said fcuk the lot of yous 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think not a single brick should go on the site until it's in state ownership, this is billions being spent, not a garden shed going up. All these bogey crooked deals we do in a rush and then spend decades trying to fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

After noon all, that was an eye opener 😏

Cheesecake recepie later 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

and in England at professional football clubs.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Deeec

But why? My understanding is the church cannot do a thing with this land for 300 years. Why should the government spend money now on buying it?

If it was a motorway they were building they would CPO your house or my house and then drive a bulldozer through it and that would be it. They wouldn't offer to lease it for 300 years.

M

The nuns should just give it to them as a donation to the state.

• When I was about 11 or so and swimming in a pool in Dublin 4, a male swimming instructor approached my mother and said he believed he could make a serious swimmer of me. Extremely suspicious, my Mum asked me immediately after what did I think of the man, and I said I felt he was a bit odd, she said she was wary of him too, and suggested we would not return to this pool.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

That wont happen now though. It will happen down the line though. Just get on with building it or we will still have a crap NMH in 20 years time.

Once the hospital is built the land is worthless to anybody other than the state. The church will have to hand it over at some stage to the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

M

I think some of the ministers making these decisions are living in the belief like Michael Woods that a good deal with the Padre's will bring them to the front of the line at the gates of heaven.

That wont happen now though. It will happen down the line though. Just get on with building it or we will still have a crap NMH in 20 years time.

Once the hospital is built the land is worthless to anybody other than the state. The church will have to hand it over at some stage to the state.

Land in Dublin 4 is never going to be worthless. Once the hospital is built what if the church turn around and say the lease is going up and if you dont like it, we are cancelling the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

After the mention of Wikipedia I had to look......

Joe is a culinary expert. He is a a coddle aficionado - coddle being the traditional meal of the salt of the earth working class Dublin people who he represents with aplomb with his incredible working class worth ethic and through his powerful working class Dublin accent. He truly is a credit to the Nation and is widely expected to run for President when the incumbent's tenure expires.

• I was told about paedophiles aged 3. I asked what these bad men lurking in toilets and bushes looked like and why were they there. “Usually a small number of men, that look exactly like your Dad, your uncles, your neighbours, they don’t want anyone to see them when they are enjoying giving children frights”. I was always told not to go near quiet toilets or near a man’s toilet. I was super curious and mischievous and wanted to see the dark secrets lain hidden inside men’s toilets, so in the RDS I ran straight in, and my mother called to the attendant to get me out, he argued he wasn’t going to touch a child and that I was going up to the men urinating and talking to them about their “pipes”.. I do remember the men suddenly hiding themselves and wondered why, it was all basic science to me. Attendant insisted she that she come in herself and fetch me. She didn’t sold me afterwards, she knew that would be counter-productive.

She was quite wary of potential female paedophiles, and when she thought she spotted one in action with a special needs child at an isolated beach near Carna she asked me to take her to Garda Station. I regret I didn’t and just said to her I thought she must be imagining it. In later years she told me she really believed something might have been happening. She was a very talented and trained artist and would have been able to draw a close resemblance of the woman and child.

MIXED BERRY CHEESECAKE

OK, I'll try keep this simple.

*Cawlurs need a good mixing machine

* 8 inch springform with removable base.

The Trick is have everything ready and you need a decent mixing machine to aerate the filling to get a Mousse like texture.

Ingredients. (Everything you need is in Aldi)

2 x 150g cream cheese (not favoured)

4 oz of Icing or Castor sugar.

2 x Cans of evaporated milk

1 Bag of Frozen Mixed Berries.

2 x Raspberry /Strawberry Jellys

I x 250 ml Cream.

1.5 packet of Hobnobs or Digestive Biscuits (For Base)

6 oz of Margerine (For Base)

PREPARATION.

A. Make your base first by crushing biscuits to a crumb texture, I use a blender, in a bowl mix together with melted Margerine, your looking for a soft texture. I use Margerine as it doesn't reset hard when cooled, you could use Butter but add some Marg when melting, you don't want a very hard biscuit base. Spread evenly covering entire base of springform . Allow to set in Fridge.

B. The cheese mix. Have your frozen berries fully defrosted and strained, keeping the Juices. Melt your jelly first, don't boil, allow to cool but not reset, I use microwave but be careful. Lightly whip the cream.

1. Put Cheese, Sugar and evaporated milk into mixing bowl, whisk slowly till blended, now speed up creating a sponge like texture.

2. Slow mixer down, Now add 1/2 the mixed Berries and allow to blend in, now slowly pour in melted Jellies, insuring fully blended in.

3 Finally using a Hand whisk, Blend in the Whipped Cream.

Pour into springform over biscuit base, it will spread over your biscuit base and reach 2/3 in depth of springform. Place in fridge and let set for a few hours.

Presentation.

Put Berry juice and some sugar into a small pot, bring to boil, lower and reduce down until it thickens, you can cheat by adding cornflour. Basically your making a Berry compote to glaze over your cheesecake.

Without removing cheesecake from spring form, arrange remaining berries or even add fresh fruit over top of cheesecake. Pour cooled compote over the Berries and back into fridge.

This will last up to four days if kept refrigerated and if fully wrapped in cling film, it will freeze perfectly.

Serving.

If serving fresh, use a warm flat knife and go around edges of cheese cake, now release the spring form and remove it. You can serve on its base or gently slide onto a flat plate, I use a round microwave glass tray.

Estimate cost = €10

Serves 10 unless your greedy

BLEEDIN PARFAITE as Joe migbt say 😁

In case cawlurs don't know what I mean by spring form

And your cheesecake should turn out like this (Hopefully)

If I'm impressed with results, I'll post a pic of me in Uniform 😁

PS, Whoy Jellys I hear some ask, simples, Flavor, Color and setting agent. You could use leaf geletine but difficult to use and get.

• I’ve have had mixed experiences of Vincent’s, mostly from the perspective of being a visitor in very trying circumstances, and once being there 11 days for complex emergency surgery for small bowel obstruction caused by an incarcerated hernia. Was treated well in Emergency Dept, afforded a private room there due to nature of my symptoms. Got to ward pre surgery where my basic-gastric tube fell out after I started sneezing. Two awful nurses have out stink to me and as I was being wheeled to theatre waiting area they told me how the surgeon would turn me away without the tube. A senior theatre nurse took over and gave out to the nurse handing over and said it was no problem. Anaesthetist was really lovely, “ I’m bringing you to anaesthesia slowly so you can have a positive experience after what you’ve been through”. I really appreciated that experience of suddenly being out of pain and relaxed.

Surgeon was a fantastic girl, did an excellent repair. However a junior doctor responsible for writing up pain medication simply forgot and I received absolutely none back on the ward. I was put in a bed with curtain pulled. Not a nurse about. I felt I was passing out and called out for help, next door patient’s husband (she had not been given any painkiller either after a full colectomy) took a look at me and tan to nurse’s station and a crash team arrived to stabilise me. I had gone into severe cardiac arrhythmia because of the stress of the pain. After being stabilised I was brought to high dependency unit where nursing was well supervised by a very strict nurse. All patients there were quite unstable so needed that level of care.

I think it’s the same in most hospitals, public and private, quite varied experiences in various departments. Food is nauseating in Vincent’s, especially when you have had work done on your plumbing. The only thing I liked was the hot vegetable curry, but only for the sauce as I couldn’t digest the stringy vegetables.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• The ladies looove a man in uniform 😂😂😂

They can't do anything with the land or lease for 300 years. I would hope the government's legal team have this well covered. ( Hope 🤞)

• Advertisement

😁😁, I don't mind a lady in uniform me self Cawlur

For those who just couldn't get enough Boyzlife yesterday. This has to be seen to be believed - the stage, the lighting, the backing band, the dancers, the choreography, the hundreds of thousands of people in the enormous venue...........how did they all safely fit into just one building - I guess risking their lives to see such global superstars is a small price to pay.

O mother of devine Jesus, I lasted a minute, my sides were splitting 😂😂😂 that is worse than awful, surely they have friends who could just tell them to STOP

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A boy band 30 years younger could pull that off, so to speak, in front of an audience of gasping teenies. Those same teenies are now the grannies in the hall.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

M

What's the story with them wearing the basketball clobber where neither of them would have shot a hoop in their life so to speak?

• Dat is a serious turn-off, would make me lose my appetite.

Wiggers caller, day do be wiggers.

Urban street wear and dat.

• Advertisement

I think they are attempting to look like the Backstreet Boys Cawlur but ended up looking like Sheriff Street Scroats, so to speak 😏

Advertisement