Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE UK Stadium Event- Principality Stadium Cardiff Wales 3rd September 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I do wonder has someone fucked up with the seating plan. The small diagram on the left has a big entrance way in front of the North stand (zoom in to see)

Upgraded to the west stand so I'll get a good view no matter where the ring and entrance will be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I reckon the entrance is still where the actual tunnel is, so you'll have something like this as the wrestler entrance and a flat ramp down to the ring.

Looks like it's sold out too on the presale too (effectively). Only seats I see left are the fan package and hotel ones (these likely will not sell so I could see these going up for sale at normal prices hopefully).

The service charge also goes up with your ticket

wwe hardly have a sneaky extra service charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

And then the normal video screen at the far end that'll play the titan tron vid?

got on presale at 12 and snagged tickets for 67£, delighted with that!

Thats what I think anyway. Doesn't look like a full stage and it doesn't look like they've blocked seating areas for one.

At least it the entrance is by the player tunnel, the seats around it were not discounted like they should be if they were obstructed views cos of the titantron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Honestly they can justify those prices because  they are a business  and people buy them if people didn't buy them at those prices they wouldn't charge those prices.

You are proof of this by actually buying those tickets at those prices.

Enjoy they show but don't complain about the prices if you are prepared to pay that price for them.

Hoping there might be a few wrestling themed parties

Heading over the Friday and back the Sunday. Only direct flights I could get to Cardiff from Dublin

Not really. Just cos people will pay it, shouldn't mean you charge that. They could easily have dropped those prices by 20% and still made money hand over fist on this show.

Why would any for profit buisness do that they are there to make money for there share holders.

Longer term, it's better imo, if you're not screwing your customers.

Looks like more seats are gone up for sales/resale anyway. Looking at the seating map on Ticketmaster now and where you can get seats, it looks like M9 which is just above the entrance isnt available to buy anything on as is anything directly above the tunnel in L9 so there'll be some setup there.

Also interestingly only tickets available are on the the side facing the hard cam. There's nothing behind it so I reckon those didn't go on sale at all.

• Advertisement

This is a compny that cuts it's talent for profit they don't care about fans at live events they make there money from TV.

Fans are paying these prices so they will continue to up the price till fans don't pay it this live event money is pocket change to the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’d be fairly confident they will put on an NXT/NXTUK show on the Friday in the motorpoint.

Unless there held back for the general sale

Going to look a bit scruffy with entire sections blocked off

Never know might have a big **** off dragon or something in that corner

Ya, I'd assume they're held back, or just being released later when WWE work out the demand/staging.

I'm reckon we've a large screen just above the tunnel looking at it now as anything row 22 back in l8,9 or 10 isn't available and m9 is blocked out.

M8 and m10 look a bit dodge if you get those seats. Where I am in L10 looks ok (albeit I'll have to turn around to see the titantron). Seats a few rows further down in L10 are even more expensive again.

Not a dig at anyone who bought tickets I really hope you enjoy it and have a blast.

However it looks like a lot of people decided not to pay those crazy prices.

The ticket price thing really hits home when you see people on Twitter talking about how it’s just not feasible to bring a couple of kids at that price.

WWE sees $$$ signs but to be fair it would be nice (especially in this PC era) to see as many kids as possible experience the event.

I saw reports that comparing it to the boxing in Wembley a few weeks back most of the floor seating for Whyte/Fury was £100.

I was shocked a bit at the prices and really didn't expect them to be that high

I'll admit I panicked buyed and happy my ticket is sorted. We're not getting any refunds if they do lower the prices for the general sale

For what we're paying they really should be stacking the card. Will the likes of Brock, Stone cold etc want to bother heading over to chilly Wales ?

Tbf when buying the tickets, I knew I was being ripped off badly, so it's fair to have a dig.

They went a bit too far with these prices. Take 20-30% off and it's have been expensive but worth it. What they had was ridiculous.

Like I'd have been willing to spend more than what I did for better seats and the meet and greet but I couldn't justify 3k for that package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

at those prices they'd really want to deliver, otherwise there'll be a lot of annoyed fans afterwards who'll regret shelling out and wouldnt go again should they try it again next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say your lucky to get Roman who is reducing his schedule but for those prices an appearance from SCSA or Undertaker as a host would be cool even HHH, HBK or Shane too

• Advertisement

I'd imagine we'll get Roman vs Drew surely. After that, i'd assume Becky vs Ronda/Bianca, a Cody match, a Rollins match, and maybe a 6 man match that has Balor and Sheamus involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I don't care about people choosing to go this show, spend your money on what you like, but " I've been a good member of the universe and spent a week's wage on a ticket, I hope I get a nice reward" is an embarrassing look, and the fact that when they don't deliver you'll do nothing and fall for it again is exactly why this company will never change.

Yeah no matter what the price imagine all the marks like myself expecting something above the norm for a first European stadium show in 30 years.

Your scoffing….?

”I’ve been a good member of the universe”. Cringe.

Haven’t watched the WWE product habitually for a number of years. Stopped licking VKMs boots about a decade ago. Have casually followed and have had a nose at some of the major PPVs. The last one being WM38 which IMHO was brilliant. Shame of me for being fooled by the WWE.

I’ll go enjoy the show, the spectacle and the top notch UK atmosphere. I’m sure it won’t be Wrestlemania 17 but I’ve no doubt it will be fun. I’ll park the fact us keyboard warriors can all book a better product than whats being produced at present from the fed and take the show for what it is.

Hypothetically speaking we’ll probably get main event Drew possibly against Roman. What would be your two cents on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

What in the last 2 years has given you the impression WWE gives a flying fcuk about the fans, the pandemic was the best thing to happen to them because fan reaction stopped playing a factor, Nick khan has openly said they are not a consumer led company anymore.

Wrestlemania 38 was great, and genuinely got me excited, that lasted precisely one day till Raw.

Go, enjoy the show, have a few pints and a laugh with your mates, if it was in the Aviva I'd probably be the same, but don't be one of those moaners who complains about everything from the card to the titantron to who shows up and then hands over a mortgage payment.

Drew Reigns would be a solid in ring main event, enhanced by the crowd but ruined by the fact reigns has already smashed through him less than a year ago.

I do think the atmosphere if Drew wins will be ridiculous. The pop would be monstrous.

I'm hoping Becky regains a title there too. Could see Becky vs Ronda at summerslam maybe and then a rematch here where she wins.

With Summerslam been earlier this year its looking promising the event will be build up for the whole of August

After sleeping on it yeah the tickets are expensive but it's paid for now. I'll go over now and hopefully have a good time.

I would be looking at the Supershow they did in Austrailia to give you an idea of what to expect not the Saudi shows.

Even then I doubt you will get any legends having a match like they did there with HHH & Taker

The presale is/was basically public at this stage. Numerous different 'codes' around at the minute

Tickets for the upper North stand showing up now priced at £150

The pricing is a little odd as thought the North stand would maybe have a better view been behind the hard cam. My ticket for M32 in the West stand cost £250 (minus service charge) and ill be behind the commentators tables in terms of ring view

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Have a wedding the same day of a close mate so had to give this a miss. Not sure I'd have been able to stomach the prices for myself and the little fella anyways based on the online chatter. Hope anyone that got tickets enjoys themselves though, I'd say it will be a great weekend!

• Advertisement

Could the September PPV slot become a permanent European/UK event

Reckon Cardiff only got picked because of the roof on the stadium. The place were racing 92 play in Paris is another indoor stadium and would definitely attract people for a wwe event

Advertisement