Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1883 - Paramount+ US Pace (***Spoilers***) Yellowstone prequel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm wondering how come Elsa is the only one in the family that has decided to have a Southern drawl? Perhaps she was adopted from a family that didn't want a nymphomaniac for a daughter? 😲

Also, in the opening sequence of the first episode, I seem to remember that she was wearing a dress, and she got out of that habit a few episodes ago. Like "Jess" in The Fast Show of long ago, "Today I'll be mostly wearin' pants".🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

So the general consensus here is - started well enough but becoming boring/unrealistic?

That's another bag of shite from Sheridan so. Christ how did he go from Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River to Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown and now this.

Think the lad is more suited to movies or maybe shouldn't take on so much work as his writing is now kack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

is that it ?

8 episodes ?

Ella really fell for anyone within arms reach...

The transformation of Indians into civilised helpers of the 'white man' is a bit of a stretch .....

Had some good moments, but the transformation of her from a beautiful girl into a free woman and the indians was annoying.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There are 10 episodes according to IMDB, so the fun and frolics aren't over yet 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paramount Plus has ordered more episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Paramount just commissioned 1932

personally I’d like to see more of 1883 as well. Although it’s been renewed, I hope it’s not just a limited run series

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2022/02/1883-renewed-as-paramount-plus-orders-1932-to-continue-the-dutto/?fbclid=IwAR03eFxn0eud1BSWEAiurv9GhLC-PaHkQW-Hvhs0GU_XRdkfvvvceN5XqzY

Post edited by OU812 on

At 66 YO in the old west???

Thats a rough ride by anyone’s standards, but I highly expect her to be long dead by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

lol, Taylor Sheridan being all like: I could make a multiverse and time travel.. OR.. I could just cover every single event through all time

.. which.. to be fair.. sounds ok

Sheridan puts em through a Cowboy Camp..

I swear this started looking like an ad for Cowboy Camp.. but then it just ended without being an ad

I guess fair warning anyone who gets their bonnets in twists about it.. there's Women from the cast in this video:

Behind-the-Scenes of Cowboy Camp | 1883 | Paramount+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now the cliffhanger to episode 1 played out in this weeks episode and that leaves just one more left this season.

So now we know how they end up in Montana instead of Oregon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

All laughing and joking aside I think I might shed a tear if it does happen.

Tell that to Ned Stark. Wouldn't surprise me if we are done with 1883 and the next time we see them will be 1932 without Lightning with the Yellow Hair.

He may have written a problem for himself, by calling them 1883 & 1932, we can’t have time jumps. In theory, everything has to happen within that year.

Elsa said in episode 9 that it was only September, so unless each season (season 2 included), is named successively, it’s going to be a two season run.

He should have gone with

Yellowstone: 1800s

Yellowstone: 1900s

which would have allowed for multiple time jumps within each series.

John Dutton (III) was born in 1955, the new series will focus on his father born in 1910 (son of 5yo John the first from 1883).

9: Well.. they ain't goin to Oregon. That all explained the opening scenes of the show. I think at the end there

I counted maybe 20 left altogether.

First mention of Yellowstone and Associations to do with the law around there too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Her droning on, dispensing her wisdom is a real drag. My missus went off this 4/5 episodes ago, I’m glad its nearly over too. Started off very well.

Overall I enjoyed the season as a whole and I thnk they should leave it at that now no need for a second season.

We saw how they got to the ranch and that the others made it to Oregon and two of the main cast have gone to heaven while all the others have found their Paradise.

Second best Western series I've ever seen. Deadwood being the best.

• Advertisement

Finished! Overall some very beautiful work from Mr Taylor Sheridan.

Beautiful and Tragic.

A lot of talent in the show. I'd have to give Sam Elliott the nod overall. Consistent performance throughout the show.

10: Well. They got where they were going to get to.

Very sad there at the end with the father and daughter.

Nice scene on the beach with the bird.

Then a bit of a shock but kinda acceptance as I remembered it's what he had talked about.

Future.. well I guess Paramount have ordered more episodes. Guessing it has to continue at Yellowstone..

maybe Willamette Oregon too.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a39124808/yellowstone-sequel-1883-season-2-cast-release-date-spoilers/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah would agree though not many real western series I can think of, hell on wheels and perhaps little house on the prairie. Some sad scenes in last episode but by god narrator was annoying.

Damn it anyway. I knew it was coming but was still hoping

Im not crying, you are ........

That was a bit of a tearjerker, and a proper ending to show how bloody hard these cowboys/pioneers had it!

A very good series overall, typical gripes, but i liked it, and will watch the sequels...

Like the pioneers journey it's started with great promise but I knew how Sam Elliott felt at the very end. If you going to deliver a mawkish show at least make it interesting. How many profundities were the writers hoping to tick off?

In desperate times people have a great capacity for levity as a self preservation mechanism. The show took itself too seriously to realise this.

Total let down.

Yellowstone Spinoff 1883 to Continue Via Bass Reeves Story 

The limited-run project will star Golden Globe nominee David Oyelowo (Selma) as Reeves, a legendary lawman of the Wild West. “Known as the greatest frontier hero in American history, and also believed to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger, Reeves worked in the post-Reconstruction era as a federal peace officer in the Indian Territory, capturing over 3,000 of the most dangerous criminals without ever being wounded,” the logline describes.

That’s interesting.

Harrison Ford & Helen Mirren have been confirmed for 1932

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I got distracted in the very first moment of episode 1 trying to figure out where I had seen the actress (playing Zelda) before.

Then I realised she is the head off Florence Pugh - the could be sisters.

Anyway a great first episode and looks just a beautiful shot as YELLOWSTONE.

Why is it not called YELLOWSTONE 1883 (same question for 1923) ?

Advertisement