Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Direct

Options
  • 16-05-2022 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Apologies if posted elsewhere. I couldn't find a thread on this company.

Basically I'm missing part of my order valued at 60 euro and Sport Direct have been very unhelpful so I'm not sure if there's anything I can do.

I received an email that my order had been processed and I noticed on the email that 1 of the items didn't match what I originally ordered.

When the goods arrived however I didnt receive this product nor the item that they appeared to be substituting it for.

Their response is that there is no error on their side. Has anyone experienced anything similar

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Brutal company to deal with. How did you pay? I'd talk to the bank about a chargeback if they won't deal with you. Keep all correspondence, the bank will want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is the item that's missing worth €60? Were you definitely charged for it? If you're getting no where with them, as said above, contact your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 A City rising

Thanks folks. I paid by debit card. The total of the basket was 200 euro for my 4 items and the missing item that I was charged is 60 euro.

I think chargeback is my best route as Sports Direct are saying its not their issue and their customer service is dire.

Pity as their stuff is good value but I will just have to take my business elsewhere going forward and that includes buying any Cork GAA merchandise 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭raxy

Their stuff is good value but crappie quality, maybe depends on what you're ordering.

I ordered 2 pairs of the same jeans (colour & style) on separate orders, they were completely different colour & shape. 1 fit & the other didn't.

I left a bad review & they contacted me to "resolve" my issue. I think it was a 20% refund off 1 pair. They started ripping shortly after.

You could try leaving a Google review & see if that gets you anywhere.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Aye, I bought a pair of work trousers from them months ago, and they were slightly too big, but fine with a belt.

So I buy another 2 pairs the same size and they're like a size too small! Both of them! I had to double check the labels thinking I messed up, but nope, they were identical sizing and models on the labels.

Ah well, my own fault for buying cheap Dunlop branded tat and from Sports Direct, a lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Dunlop "branded" tat is Sports Direct tat. They bought the Dunlop brand many years ago then sold it to a korean company who makes stuff for SD with dunlop branding

TK Maxx are famous for doing the same. They look for names / brands that go bust and then buy the name. TK Maxx in particular like to buy names of small tailors / designers and then put "rrp €300, our price €39" and far too many people are fooled by it

Here's a list of Sports direct / Flannels own brands

• Agent Provocateur 
    • Airwalk
    • British Knights
    • Carlton
    • Donnay
    • Everlast
    • Firetrap
    • Gelert
    • GoldDigga
    • Grumpytoly Apparel
    • Gul
    • Hot Tuna
    • Kangol
    • Karrimor
    • LA Gear
    • Lonsdale
    • Lovell Rugby
    • Lovell Rackets
    • Miso
    • Miss Fiori
    • Muddyfox
    • Mulberry 
    • Nevica
    • No Fear
    • Slazenger
    • Sondico
    • SoulCal
    • USA Pro
    • Voodoo Dolls

• Registered Users Posts: 15 A City rising

Just to give update on this.

Sports direct have emailed that I'll receive a refund within 2 to 5 days.

It took a bit of emails back and forth but they admitted their error so credit where its due.

Advertisement