Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge maintenance in the first year/2

Options
  • 16-04-2022 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭

Recently planted 100m or so of bare root copper/green beech. Planted fairly close 9-11inches in general. Plants them selfs varies a lot. Especially green vs red. Some are 1 foot and others are two foot I would say.

Goal is a thick but relatively low hedge, same height as a standard post and rail fence that is currently in place. I want to be able to maintain the top of the hedge myself with a hedge trimmer from ground and not in the bucket of the tractor.

No neighbours or need for privacy. I own and farm the surround land.

What’s the advice for the first/2nd year with the goal being relatively low and thick. I am ahead of myself as it’s not even started growing yet. Planning on buying a load of bark mulch for the bases.

Comments

Advertisement