Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

impossible to get off the phone to one of my closest mates.. I love her dearly - but man... its so hard to end a phone call with her...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Is anyone else getting several Sunday World notifications every day on their phone ?

i don’t buy that paper, I have never used their website or any online resources of theirs or signed up for anything but fûck this, the last two hours I’ve had several notifications and talking to my dad, so has he….

just found how to turn em off which is grand but cheeky cûnts if they or somebody are signing people up for notifications they’ve no interest in…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,943 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It’s like Dundalk. Heading to the bypass from the town, it was 2 lanes each way . Now they provided a cycle lane on which you never see a bike beside a huge wide footpath, which means only 1/2 the traffic gets away during a green light and arrow . And traffic is just backed up into the town. Complete B-shite ‘upgrades’. If they want us to be like Dutch people relax drug and prostitution laws !

I noticed that there’s no rabbits about anywhere? I remember in the 80’s the fields were full of them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The amount of time it takes to shop for car insurance

The spammers on words with friends. I play regularly, and have a series of games with various people going back years. But now and again you get a spammer who invests in Forex ! Usually easy to spot by a 1 month FB account

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

When I was younger, I bought a load of cheap football tops at TK Maxx as I was planning to start going to the gym at the time. I've no interest in football but I do like the tops when they're cheap.

I made the mistake of wearing a Liverpool one to the barber. I went last weekend and grabbed one of my Liverpool tops before recalling that I might be better of with something else. I picked up the next one which was a Brighton & Hove Albion one. I still got ripped on because apparently, they beat Manchester United 4-0 the Saturday before last. FFS.

Also, I live near Wembley stadium. Thought if I went just after kick off, I could get reasonably priced tickets to the FA Cup final. £600, the scalpers wanted. Feck that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I have a couple of those cheap Lidl hoodies, was vaguely aware it was an Irish rugger type design.

Going to shops afterwards and being quizzed about my opinions of 'the game'... I don't follow it and have no idea about any 'game'.

I found out yesterday that as of last week my Dad has returned to attending mass in person at the local church.

already despite being in his mid 80’s he is being harangued by the priest to return to being one of their ’ministers of the Eucharist’… so a man in his 80’s, global pandemic, being required to be spending time with others back in the sacristy preparing whatever, dishing out communion to Q’s of people and the associated chit chats with the locals afterwards… in a pandemic, only a matter of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Nobody informed me of the change in rules of the road.

It seemingly the new rule that people in towns can just cross the road without looking left or right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

At the risk of going "against the trivial annoyance"

But Strunms I do think you need to step back and let your parents live their final years the way they want to.

I get you want to keep them safe but living in a "bubble prison" is no way to live.

My dad is in his 80's he's in a nursing home due to dementia, I would absolutely love him to be able to be out and about and actually living his final years.

It was always his worst nightmare to end up in a nursing home.

He has caught covid twice and recovered....living in a bubble isn't 100% either!

It's lovely that you care so much, but I presume they stepped back when you were a teenager and let you make your own choices even though they probably wanted to protect you from the world ....it's time to reciprocate the favour.

My parents are in their 80's and are out and about as normal . They were the least cautious of all the family and are actually the only ones who didnt get Covid (that we know of)

I would prefer to see them out and meeting people and doing things they love than stuck at home everday .

They have worked hard for years and deserve some time to do the things they enjoy without being made feel guilty about it

he’s not being asked to live in any bubble… where did I intimate that ? just to be extremely mindful of his health and my mothers… given they are both over 80 and the state of play in the world…. Your Dad caught it (twice) and recovered, great… it might be somewhat naive to presume everyone would be similarly lucky…it is not the same for everyone…and my Dad + age + underlying conditions….could well be a problem…

Still living a nice normal life but risks as outlined are not for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well your not happy with him going to mass, going into the sacristy, mixing with people and the chats afterwards.

That sounds like wanting him to live in a bubble...or else live within parameters that you think are safe.

Having the chats and being an active part of the community is so important for some people and it sounds like your dad is one of those people.

Pretty much everyone over 60 will have underlying health issues.

I'd be letting him go have the chats and enjoy himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That’s going to be tough though, S. Your old man sounds like a very popular guy, from what you’ve posted about him.

So, you’re either going to have to cramp his style and tell his friends he’s not allowed out or just let him do his own thing.

Don’t envy you there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Haha I doubt I’ll be choosing to do either in fact the TA is more at the poxbottle of a priest who has been constantly asking but thanks for your input…it’s brought a smile to my face 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That Poonami ad. I dont want to see an ad for baby p!ss or Sh!t when im trying to eat my dinner and enjoy the tv, no matter how cutesy the icons are. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to repeat that ad on a loop on prime time tv..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Out walking earlier and a stranger passed me by, big smile and a Hi from her. I tried to respond and think I tried to say hi, hello and hey at the same time but ended up making a noise like hekehkehkeh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm in the same position with some of my relatives - it's not a case of keeping them in a bubble, it's a case of asking them not to be reckless and foolhardy about the whole thing and not to be taking unnecessary risks. It looks like they stop thinking about the consequences of what they're doing. It'd be bad enough if their behaviour only affected them, but someone else always ends up picking up the pieces. I'm with you, Strumms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My parents weren't cautious at all, just went on living their lives as normal, meeting friends,family around everyday etc. The mother rang one day to even give out for not calling in. I just let them live out their lives how they want

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

This has probably been mentioned a million times before but the amount and length of disclaimers at the beginning of films or even individual episodes.

Seriously, please go ahead and have a melt down or suicide attempt if you are feeling triggered by foul language and the likes. Thankfully we were all warned that someone might say a bad word before we watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Don't get me started. A lady walked out in front of me today, pushing a buggy, phone glued to her ear. It frightened me to think I could have injured that little child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

If there's something important on their phone they can't be expected to waste time looking around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I went to a gig last night and had 4 pints. I feel like I had 20.

Thats it ! We feel bad but no they just saunter on with not a care in the world. During a 10 min trip in town 3 different people crossed without looking, one woman had a coat over her head because it was raining and never even lifted her head to look 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Celebrities that use she/her pronouns in their instagram, ie Bea and Couglan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I have a Nintendo, rarely play let alone play online. Pi$$es me off when opponents quit halfway through when they're being beaten. Seriously 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

grr I ate too much and now I feel uncomfortably full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That f**king excuse for a song that's in the new AIB tv ad. It's absolutely BRUTAL!! I change the channel every time it comes on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement