Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo mass shooting - Great Replacement Theory & the long trail of blood

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

When does one become a "European"?

If you are born in Europe?

If your Parents were born in Europe?

If you have a passport from a European Country?

What's the definition we are using here?

Or are we actually asking about White vs. Non White??

Or perhaps Christian vs. Non Christian (Muslim Specifically)??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wibbs original post chastised the US definition of white for being deliberately obtuse and needlessly exclusive anyways, so trying to use US census categories to refute him??? Seems like you are propping up the very same discriminatory ethnic/racial classes that Wibbs was criticising.

Maybe I am just a product of the culture then. But so are the killers (and so is Oscar Isaac tbf). I'm more of a 'prefer not to answer' respondent on questionnaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was it these questions:

"Have we seen Europe's population treble overnight? Have we seen 1.5 billion immigrants into Europe in recent years?

Answer yes or no and support your answer."

Are they not rhetorical questons? Because the answer is obviously "no" to both but it they make no sense to answer as no one has made either of those claims. Bit odd really.

Anyway you were going to respond to this I beleive: Now that you've accepted the term "replacement" is accurate in this scenario, you can go on to try and explain how a declining European population and rising non European population in a European majority country cannot also be described as a replacement of one demographic with the other. As in "Europeans are being replaced by non Europeans"

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Nobody defended anything as nothing like your definition of replacement exists. Reductio ad absurdum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That's the premise of the Great Replacement Theory.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Well based on Eurostats definition you are European if you are a European citizen. So those children of non-european may be citizens themselves depending on the countries citizenship laws, not many countries have birthright citizenship.

Why Christian vs Non Christian or Muslim? What have you got against Islam?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

When does someone stop having "a migrant background" ?

2 Generations ? 3?

By 2061 , the children of today will be Grandparents so those U14's could possibly be the 3rd or 4th Generation of their families born in Ireland - Are they still migrants???

• Advertisement

In reference to the ease with which non muslim refugees are accepted vs. muslim refugees perhaps.

@Overheal @ancapailldorcha

What's the demographics like in the Irish town you lads live in?

Now I'm assuming you both do live here, seeing as you are both so passionate about forcing mass immigration into Ireland?

No they are not. European in the eyes of Eurostat refers to citizenship. You do not get European citizenship by birthright alone - countries have their own restrictions on it, but few if any have true birthright citizenship on country's soil.

Ireland has one of the laxest laws on birthright citizenship in the EU actually, most countries do not have any birthright clauses aside from those who are stateless at birth.

The Great Replacement Theory details "white" people being physically taken from their country of origin and placed elsewhere?

Can we get an interview with one of these lads who was snatched from Cork and air dropped into deepest Africa?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Even in Ireland the vast majority of inward immigration in the last twenty years has been other "White" Europeans. If we add up the Poles, Germans, French, Spanish, British etc that have come here, the vast majority of whom are pale of skin they completely dwarf the African and East Asian demographics.

Personally I don't go by the "White" label. I'd see world populations as very roughly African, IndoEuropean, Asian*. Under the IndoEuropean umbrella I'd include Swedes and Persians and Italians and Indians. The majority of modern Europeans can trace their ancestry back to Middle Eastern farmers. Another factor would be admixtures from archaic humans which also follow these labels. EG Africans have almost no Neandertal DNA, IndoEuropeans have the most, Asians have Neandertal DNA but different sequences and they also have bits of Denisovan DNA, which neither Africans, nor Europeans have.

*The natives of the Americas are an offshoot of north east Asian, though there may have been some Western European in the mix.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Oh, so you haven't read the thread. I will ignore you until you do then, wouldn't want to distract you while reading 300 posts.

I suggest you research your own arguments rather than expecting me to do it.

Read the paper before you start asking questions that the paper itself answers, maybe.

Migrant background refers to 1st and 2nd gen migrants only. Its all there in the paper he linked.

Correct I haven't read the whole thread and by the looks of things I haven't missed much. A lot of wordplay and the best argument I've seen against a replacement happening is "ah sure they'll be Europeans too because they are born in Europe"

Ireland no longer has "birth-right citizenship" and hasn't for the guts of 20 years (McDowell and the PD's introduced the change)

Being "born" here does not automatically confer citizenship anymore.

• Advertisement

Correct I haven't read the whole thread

Get on with it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Underneath all this violence is the constant barrage of patriotic ideology that pushes a "stand your ground at all costs" posture in the US. If you’re not ready to defend yourself and your family, you are not worth the mud you stand on. There is a relentless effort at this preparedness against invaders and the resulting preemptive strikes on innocent people. To make things worse, shameless ideologues with nary a neuron like Carlson have been dividing society for profit for a very long time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If they look like the native population that background fades pretty quickly. A generation at most. If they don't not nearly so much. This is the problem with the multicultural dream and IMHO it is a dream and dreams are nice, but one not born out by reality. You might have a [insert nation here] passport, but if you don't look like you're from [insert nation here] it gets a lot more complex. Look at the UK. The kids of the AfroCaribbean folks who went to the UK in the 40's and 50's were rioting in Brixton in the 1970's because they well knew it was BS. Their kids and grandkids went on BLM marches in the UK because they well know it's BS. British but not quite "British" enough for quite a large percentage of the population. Unless they win medals at sports or hit the Top of The Pops, then they become more "British" alright. Even the pale faced actor Peter O'Toole said that he noticed if he won some acting gong or other he was "British", but if he woke up in the papers for hellraising he became "Irish".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

•  Ireland: On 1 January 2005, the law was amended to require that at least one of the parents be an Irish citizen; a British citizen; a resident with a permanent right to reside in Ireland or in Northern Ireland; or a legal resident residing three of the last four years in the country (excluding students and asylum seekers) (see Irish nationality law).[47] The amendment was prompted by the case of Man Chen, a Chinese woman living in mainland United Kingdom who travelled to Belfast (Northern Ireland, part of the UK) to give birth in order to benefit from the previous rule whereby anyone born on any part of the island of Ireland was automatically granted Irish citizenship. The Chinese parents used their daughter's Irish (and thereby European Union) citizenship to obtain permanent residence in the UK as parents of a dependent EU citizen. Ireland was the last country in Europe to abolish unrestricted jus soli. (see Irish nationality law).[citation needed]

So it's still Jus Soli, with caveats.

I see the lads have given up on trying to redefine "replacement" to redefining what "European" and "non European" means

All terribly predictable.😂

You're the one calling people racists and neo Nazi defenders.

Your chances of integrating into the native population are near zero when you grow up in an ethnic enclave or an place where the natives are scarce on the ground. Of course, growing up resenting the host country from the get go doesnt help either. (o hai France)

I presume you understand where the Greeks got their Labour?

And Roman Culture was a mix of Etruscan, Phonecian, Greek, Judasim and a bit of whatever your having yourself, and that's before the Goths, the Vsigoths, the Allans, the Huns etc migrated into Roman territory and subsequently blended into the culture of the area they migrated into.

The locals may have expressed a fear of the "other", but the "other" came anyway

Surely if we are to accept that "Europeans are being replaced" we have to understand what a "European" is first?

Stop dancing around it man - Say what you mean , You don't like the idea of black people and muslims in your town.

Because as Wibbs says above , if the "Non Europeans" were all Ukrainians or Moldovans or whatever you wouldn't even notice them after a while when the accents start to soften.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Race isnt really the issue though , its culture, religion ethnicity etc etc

only the most simplistic people start threads here so that they can scream racist at any one who doesn't blindly agree with them or dare to ask a question

that is the boards way after all

Advertisement