Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm happy for Evertonians. Maybe they can to a top bus celebration through Liverpool right behind the Liverpool bus just like 1986;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Hopefully there’s a points deduction for the crowd going on the pitch after the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If it wasn’t for Pope Burnley would have been down long ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Destiny stepped into save Everton, Destiny was like '' two nil down, geez they are poor, I'll need to step in here, as it's not in the great plan for them to get relegated''

Let get real this Everton side was not capable of coming back from 2 nil down, but it was their destiny to stay up.

We need some of that come Sunday, that even if City are 2 nil up destiny steps in to sort it...... if indeed it's meant to be for us to be champions

It's all down now to

Kloppy Balboa to land the KO blow on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

True.

But Pep Guardiola doesn't rhyme as well.

It's the important things that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I have no doubts that we'll win to be honest. Wolves are a basket case right now.

But man remember the 2019 game last day of the season? Never seen our players so nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

We were chasing out first title that year so it would have added to the nerves. The players will have experience of 2019 when we play and we have won the title so that is not weighing on the players, so you hope for a better managed match on the day. But this is Liverpool, we will probably make it difficult for ourselves just to stress us out even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Maybe he doesn't get a statue or a stand named after him, but could they put a bit of hording around the goal at the Kop end with his name on it? Or every now and then flash up "Corner Taken Quickly.. ORIGI!!!!" behind that goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Imagine supporting a team that has a pitch invasion just because they stay up.

They disgust me.

Or even just rename the corner block of seats where it happened from Block 102 to Divock 102 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

They disgust you, really?

It's funny more than anything I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

on the basis anything can happen, I mean I did the lotto for years what are people's expectations as to the likelihood we'll have the PL trophy on the Victory Bus with the ladies? I was thinking 10% but on reflection that's far too high, can't see Villa getting anything and Wolves are just as likely to get something at our place. 5%? lower? Kind of relying on KDB and Ederson getting into a fight early on and getting sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

I think we might do it on Sunday and if we do i will quote this post to show how i called it and im a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

18% chance from the bookies I read earlier

Heard that Stones and Walker were not expected to play but trained yesterday. We need them to have players on the pitch who aren't 100% coupled with Villa not giving them too much respect and getting into a scrap. Emi Martinez being a shithouse.

But yeah don't care what the bookies say it's less than 5% for me. Going to enjoy our game regardless.

Yeah kind of crazy to think about, that game doesn't seem that long ago to me, last PL game I went to, but at that time Klopp hadn't won a single trophy with Liverpool after over 4 years in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah Pep said that Walker and Stones were out for the season and would miss the champions leag......... Oh wait maybe not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

This feels completely different to 3 years ago. Then we were still looking for our first trophy under Klopp, there was a worry that we had put all of our energy just to keep up with City and they’d never be able to replicate it the following season. There was still talk of Klopp bottling finals, too.

So now we have the same mathematical deficit but that’s the only thing that’s the same. Klopp has since won everything it’s possible for him to win. We have 2 so far this season and incredibly still in with a shout for the rest. Whatever happens in the other game, I’m certain we’ll sign off with a win and there will be a celebratory atmosphere at Anfield, every fan knowing how special this team is. I can’t wait for Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

City 0-0

Pool 4-0

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Nerves all over the shop this week, thought it was over this time last week.. as unlikely as it is to happen football is a funny old game, Allison's winner last yr,could be fate. Who knows and enjoy the ride, hopefully a game full of goals on Sunday and a nice send off for lord Origi, whatever happens with city does but going by villa they are not in holiday mode and stranger things could happen.

Hope the game on Sunday and champs league are wrapped up early so lord Origi can score the last goal to seal old big ears.

Enjoy the ride as we may never see a season like this as it was too much to aske for a quad and Everton relegated, will take the 4 trophies and 6 points next season!

City 3 Villa 3

Liverpool 1 Wolves 0 , Henderson with a screaming on the 95th minute

• Advertisement

Opta saying 19.5%, but that seems barking mad to me. I'd imagine about 10% chance of Villa taking something, and then we have to win too

Well, if we're doing posts to quote later as passatman said 😉

We're 3 up, word coming in that City are 2-1 up but a little nervy

92nd minute, beautiful diagonal pass from Coutinho into Danny Ings. He rounds the onrushing Ederson and knocks it into the empty net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I get it though, it was a huge cathartic moment for them. And though it might be at the wrong end of the ladder it could be one of their most important ever results - if they went down with the debts they’ve got, it could’ve been a very long time before they got back.

Footballs a cruel sport, ya gotta celebrate whatever you can I think.

(just speaking of the broader celebrations, not so much the pitch invasion or acting the tosser to Vieira!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Enjoy lads and lassies :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Que Martin Tyler pissing all over the moment.... "Oh no, it's a goal for Villa, but this will be checked for offside by VAR. Maybe there is a foul in the build up. Maybe Ings has handled it. Maybe there's another ball on the pitch. Maybe it went out of play 5 mins ago. Something, anything. Please!"

Quite a different commentary to his "Aguerrooo!" ejaculation 10 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

538.com giving Liverpool an 18% chance, so about the same as Opta.

City have won the last 11 home league games against villa as well, and villa are crap away.

The head says no but the heart says yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not really foreseeing City dropping points to be honest. It's possible, but I don't think it will happen. I'm not gonna get my hopes up anyways. One thing I will say though is that the longer that Villa stay level or within 1 goal of City, the more nervous that City will get. 1-0 on 80 mins could become dangerous for them.

I'm sure Klopp will just tell the lads, win your game and worry about the other result after.

• Advertisement

I'm not getting hopes up for it at all but strange stuff can happen in football...

Head already onto the CL Final now at this stage, the lads will be relishing the opportunity to go up against Madrid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If you can get ahead City you have a really good chance of getting a result against them. The issue is they score early so often and then just dominate. Seven times they've gone behind in the league this season and only once have they come back and won (3 draws and 3 losses in the others). We have been behind 11 times and come back to win 4, draw 4 and lose 2 of them so we have a better record of turning bad starts around.

So that's where I'm placing my hope, City could start nervy and Villa start quickly similar to how they did it against us, albeit they where at home for that one. Also Villa did get in behind us a couple of times so if Walker is out (or at least not 100%) they should get similar chances the longer City go without scoring and have to take more risks.

Also we need to be doing our job and winning so that the nervousness from the City fans gets to the players on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Unfortunately I feel the City game is a formality, the will win by 3+ so I'm not even going to get worked up over it! They main thing for us this weekend is to see how much of run Virgil, Salah and Fab get...I would love to see Salah fit and grab a couple to give him a nice boost before the big one next weekend.

City will score in the first 15 mins and then we'll spend the rest of the game in futile hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

SSN reporting Mbappe is now ready to stay with PSG and run the club (into the ground).

RM being outmadrided by the Arabs. Bad news story with the big european tie coming up.

• Advertisement

UEFA have announced a fan zone in Paris for the final that’ll be screening the match, great news for all those travelling over.

EDIT: Conflicting reports over the match actually being screened there. Might be too good to be true alright.

Common sense move.

It's actually a short enough walk from my hotel which is deadly.

I don't fancy trying to watch the game there though, few hours at the fanzone listening to the music to get pumped up then off to the pub.

They say they'll have food and drink though which is already much better than Madrid in 2019. If they screen the game that's much better as it means no scramble to get in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

At this stage winning the league would be a bonus, it would be very surprising if City let it slip now. It's possible of course, but, unlikely to happen, Stranger things have happened of course, but, I'm not getting my hopes up, if we do somehow win it I'll be absolutely delighted like everyone else here, but if it doesn't happen we'll just move on to the CL and hopefully get that instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

With Leeds and Burnley writing to the Premier League, if City do win by a point Liverpool should write to the for the giggles bringing up the letter Everton got for the non pen they got V City lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement