Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I must have missed that................

🙄 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

fake text about someone “in a heap” listening to Tubridy describe the food choices in Iceland.

no doubt the “dancing around the kitchen table absolutely bawling” fake text next

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

WTF is he on about

That's a conspiracy theory according to the NK Mafia subjects.

🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Absolute gibberish for 20 minutes and counting now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

easily the greatest radio show in the history of our state

"'Were you listening to Tubs today?' we say in the workplace"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

WTF is he ever on about. Different day, same sh1te.

So disrespectful how he announced that death

We all know you do zero prep for the show Bryan, but if you're going to read slightly difficult to pronounce "forden" names it might be an idea to do a trial run on those at least.

• Advertisement

omg me and my friends were just doing the chariots of fire slo mo run just yesterday, it's like this show speaks directly to me

I would bet my testicles Tubs has never knowingly listened to a piece of Vangelis music other then "The Theme to Chariots of Fire".

I can only assume when she started to read the cue card he thought it was something like a tour announcement and by the time he realized it was announcing his death it was too later to change the tone. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Exclusive footage of Tubs dancing to the Stones:

Almost made it to 9:30 today with the riffin' section but points have to be deducted for the extended musical interludes.

omg dancing around the kitchen with my 2 year old to the joyous groove of the rolling stone whilst at the same time crying lamenting vengalis death and i'm a 6.4 plumber with misogynistic tendencies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Advertisement

Did you text in though?

I'm sitting at my desk crying reading that you haven't done it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭StevenToast

There is a Universe where Ryan Tubridy never existed....

What an amazing place that must be.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

What a boring story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Dipped in for the first half hour and that was bad, imagine getting paid for just talking shite about your day before.

He reminds me of a bloke who i used to work with, who put no effort or pride into any thing he did, and if you asked him is this finished or are you going to finish that, his answer was always...... Fcuk it it'll do

That's tubs in a nutshell

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Miacharlotte

Reception. RTÉ Radio 1 is currently available in Ireland on 88-90 MHz FM and 252 kHz longwave (LW). The LW version of Radio 1, which can also be received across the United Kingdom and parts of Western Europe, is also the only RTÉ Radio service available in parts of Northern Ireland since the closure of Medium Wave.  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Riffed to 09:28 yesterday

Riffed to 09:27 today.

The riffing used to stop between 09:15-09:20. Obviously now struggling for content, so has decided to ramble on longer.

And most of his riffing surrounds things he was able to do when his working day finishes before noon, despite the rest of the population having to do a full day. I wish I could stop working at noon or before, and head off for a walk and a 99, before heading home to watch my film of choice. Or read the back of a few books, catch up on their reviews and then pretend I've read them.

Good to hear that "it looks like my trip to Iceland is finally going to happen", to quote him this morning. I wonder who is finally stumping up to pay for this trip? He mentioned it ad nauseum for a couple of years to try to drop the hint, rather than just dipping into his own substantial wealth.

• Advertisement

Noon?

He’s out of the building before the 10 o’clock news starts.

Some of us hard working people depend on RT for his riffin and we sit there in our offices imagining what it would be like to have feck all to do all day. Today during a call for example, my mind drifted to far away dun laoghaire pier, where i pictured myself eating a 99 and riffin with the fans about kindness, then it's off to kilney on the vespa, hair blowing in the wind and the smell of delicious leather, after i imagine myself buying delicious truffles , my mind would whisk me away to an empty cinema where although the movie is aimed slightly over my head i can picture myself telling the audience that i'd like to travel to the location it was set. Then i imagine finshing off the day having a gentle one off the wrist whilst browsing RIP.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The way he listed off the Icelandic food and said everything disgusted him. That's a very unattractive trait in a person.

He's been begging for the trip for years but it's clearly wasted on him with his lack of genuine interest in the culture. No appreciation of anything different. Proud of his "child's palate" and totally dismissive to anything that is not what he is used to. It's shite being around someone like that on a trip.

Maybe if he worked on his palate he'd look a bit healthier.

Yep. It's very hard to argue against Ryan 'The IcK' Tubridy being a real piece of shít.

I was right with you, wistfully dreaming away thinking about Ryan doing all those things, a slight smile on my face - until I got to the last sentence 🤮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

That pales in comparison to this:

"Bryan reached for his favourite bottle of delicious fizzy pop to accompany his favourite packet of delicious Irish crisps as he unzipped his delicious pantaloons to have a delicious wa_k over his delicious collection of delicious Macca albums and other delicious freebies. When he eventually arrived at a delicious climax he used some of his favourite delicious tissues to clean the delicious mess before retiring to his delicious bed for a delicious snooze before rising in the ‘morn to work deliciously hard for 50ish or so delicious minutes. After this deliciously hard task he popped onto his delicious Vespa for a delicious drive on the delicious coast road to delicious Dun Laoghaire to have a delicious 99 at the delicious Teddy’s. Bryan deliciously waited in the the delicious queue in the delicious hope that a delicious bystander would deliciously pay for his delicious desire. Rather undeliciously, no-one was willing to pay for his delicious delicacy that day and so Bryan had to deliciously dip into his own delicious wallet to pay for the delicious delicacy himself. It sadly was not a delicious day."

People on the thread are capable of these fantasies, and of talking in their heads to an imaginary Bryan. Yet they cannot envisage any of the 366,000 listeners being able to compose texts about being happy.

I was reading a thread recently where a poster had typed the word arse,and got a warning from a mod..Anything goes on this thread it seems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

I can sense some anger in this post. Mr tubridy tries to encourage people to be kinder to each other.

Let's try to follow his gorgeous beautiful magical advise, and not point at one another in anger!!!

Ah, dxhound, Chakra Blue, and elperello - the thread's resident Tubs Superfans and NK Mafia Cheerleaders back out again defending the man who went to New Orleans and asked aloud in the Tourist Office "are there any good cemeteries or graveyards for me to visit?"..........which is completely normal behaviour for a tourist. I mean who amongst us hasn't gone to a tourist office whilst on holidays and asked that very same question?

Thanks, glad you like my work.....you could call it Tubs Fan-Fiction if you like?

Nothing odd at all with you searching back several months of my post history to find that delicious piece of prose, but thank you for your admiration nonetheless. I'm flattered to think I have a stalker.

I (and others) also replied to your questions about texts to the show, and asked a question in return of you - but of course you ignored that as usual. Not very kind of you really is it?

Tell Noel we said hi btw. Hope he's paying you well?

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The 'act' is getting tiresome now.

I do actually wonder what percentage of the persona he portrays is actually him in real life? I'm guessing about half of it is put on.

He has carefully created this image over many years of a wonderfully caring, deep person, who thinks of nothing but the good in life and people.

But just using words like kind, delicious, beautiful, amazing, intriguing etc at every opportunity doesn't make you a nice person. To trawl into peoples personal lives and hardships to make it look like you just care so much about them can only pass for so long. To force yourself on others, even when they don't ask for your company, doesn't make you someone in demand.

Sounds gorgeous. But wait....you would actually pay for your own truffles?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's really ok if people believe a presenter and his show are rubbish and want to have a thread to express their dislike.

However, this thread is tending towards being a bit of a cold house for non believers.

Anyway, nil desperendum, onward and upward so to speak.

• Advertisement

i'm a little put out i've been omitted from this list

did we ever formally pitch the idea to RTE about the show idea of tubs driving people to their oncology appointments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You may self identify as a "Superfan" anytime you like but you need to be a "made man" to join the "Mafia". 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Not sure, but I might just have cracked it here

It looks like Ryan is actually a Nexus-6 Replicant - (Physical-D, Mental-B, - serial number N6MAA10216) bio-engineered by The Tyrell Corporation

There were various models of the Nexus-6 Replicant produced – ‘Self-sufficient Combat model’, ‘Basic Pleasure model’ and a few experimental ‘Basic Presenter models’ were engineered - (while the 'presenter' variants were proven to be extremely unreliable and incredibly annoying, they retained their ability to be completely devoid of all emotions/self awareness and were thus considered a minor success by The Tyrell Corporation)

Just one 'Presenter model' was deployed in a trial to entertain workers on a remote space colonisation station but it was obliterated in a freak accident involving an industrial laser rock cutting machine after just 14 minutes of its first broadcast

Of the ‘Basic Presenter models’, only serial number N6MAA10216 remains unaccounted for (retired) and is believed to be somewhere in western Europe

Some of the later Nexus-7 Replicants were rather fecking tasty -

********************************************************************************************************************

Just a quicky on the creative writing discussion. Absolutely nothing wrong with posters exercising their creative writing skills - it's a very healthy thing to do. Most readers understand the satire well enough, although Chakra Blue doesn't really do satire as they mentioned - "Callan and comedy shouldnt be used in the same sentence!!!!" - in the Oliver Callan thread so I think Mrs Browns boyz might be a runner there.

Anyway, the whole thread took a very strange turn when the fairly blatant trolling started.

How anyone that watched Ryan hijack Charlie Bird's climb, turn it into a Ryan gig and still think he's a good guy, is beyond me frankly.

Working TItles:

Carpool Cancer

Carpool Carcinoma

Carpool Chemo

In this brand new show Tubs drives cancer patients to the hospital for their treatment whilst telling them what he did the previous day, stops at any school he passes and poses for pictures with children, plays a Beatles or Macca track on the car stereo (but only Tubs can sing along), plugs the upcoming Late Late Show, tells the patient “we’re friends for life now”, asks them if they have any freebies they’d like to give him - but not any auld tat - only good stuff, and finally takes a picture of himself pointing at the patient before they go in for treatment that he can post on Instagram - “because if it’s not on Instagram it didn’t happen”. Worry not though Superfans if you don’t have Instagram, the lads and lassies over at NK will share a recap of the day with RSVP and all the tabloids later that same day.

The patient will have to make their own way home as Tubs cannot be expected to hang around, he’s a hard working man after all.

I’m not a huge callan fan but when he has an axe to grind he’s brilliant ie ray darcy 😂

(That wasn’t the main taking from your post, the replicant theory will now send me down a tubridy YouTube rabbit hole to analyse his behaviour and look for signs)

His Tubs is quite good too, but he doesn’t do him very often (no pun intended).

• Advertisement

Kindness is taking a helicopter to and from a charity event on the other side of the country whilst allowing a terminally ill man make his own way there and back.

Advertisement