Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW38 Transfer thread

• 19-05-2022 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭

At the moment Im definitely sellng Salah, Ive no confidence that he will play anymore than 20 or 30 minutes at best. Already own Son so probably KdB in. I might be tempted though to take a -4 and get Kane (c) and Luis Diaz though it is risky to take a hit with only a single game left.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Already did Salah to Son

Have a bit of cash left in the attic so might upgrade one of my cheap defenders to Alonso for the attacking potential :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Coutinho to Bernardo Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

More than likely be Salah & Pukki to KDB & Toney for a -4, armband will be on Son

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Would you consider Mane?

Scored 2 v Wolves last day of the season the last time Liverpool & City went to the wire. Has a good record last GW.

Im tempted by Lukaku as Watford are awful! But he might be moved aside now

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

Just some thoughts after tonight’s games. That Everton team are about to go on the beers. I doubt they’ll even train tomorrow. They could put up a pitiful opposition for Arsenal on Sunday.

Leicester are finishing strong. Rodgers spoke at the end about an 8th place finish being a good result for them. I think they’ll be looking for a big win to go out on a high in front of their fans.

Chelsea I’d be a little wary of since it job done now with 3rd place secure. Could see some young players getting game time etc. That said, they should still put a few past Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I nearly got done by that Mane final day burst when a rival captained him and slashed a 50 point lead down to 8, he missed an easy chance at the end too. I think Id still go KdB over him, have a feeling City are going to steam roll that Villa side who are poor at the back. If West Ham werent away to Brighton Id also consider Bowen, he is on fire yet again but Brighton have improved recently.

My head is saying dont take a -4 to get Kane in but my heart saying go for it. I did also think of Lukaku but Tuchels not his biggest fan so it wont be any surprise if he is benched for a dead rubber match. Jesus could also be a good final day pick for a haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was thinking the same about Chelsea myself but there wasn't even any kids named on the bench tonight and the subs made by Tuchel were very defensive ones. Azpilcueta on for Pulisic when the game was 1-1. He might give send offs to the players leaving in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Current team:

Ramsdale, Sanchez

TAA, Cancelo, White, Dalot, Emerson-Royal

Salah, Kulu, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Saka

Pukki, Kane, Dennis

Same as above, who to get in for Salah. KdB, Son or Mane?

I can see Salah only playing possibly one half, which pushes me to either Son or KdB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Already have both Son and Kane so planning on getting Mount and Maddison (or Vardy) in for Salah and Ramsey (or Mateta).

Team looking strong for the last week so no doubt a red arrow coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

First thoughts were Saka to Mount but who knows what state Everton will be in this weekend, Saka could be a nice differential if Everton are well and truly on the beach.

Could do Richi or Weghorst for Jesus and have City attacking cover but will he start?

Already have Kane & Son and will stick the armband on one of them, leaning on Son at the moment.

2.4 ITB.

• Advertisement

Schmeichel (Pickford)

TAA Robbo Alonso Cancelo (Schar)

Saka Salah Martinelli Kulu (Coutinho)

Nkietah Kane (Hwang)

Im at the 4.2k OR. Too far off 1k.

Im 10 ahead of a main rival in 2 ML’s. My goal is to stay ahead of him & inside the Top5k.

Conservative play has been killing me.

I’ve triple Arsenal attack. That could be an ok thing with Everton now promoted. But I’ll prob bench one of them.

Could do a straight forward Coutinho to Maddison.

Im tempted to take a hit & there are some options to punt.

Any suggestions?

Would a -12 be too wild?

James, Maddison, Mane & bench Nkietah, Martinelli, Salah. The 4th transfer would be for a fodder attacker. I need a captain too

I personally think -12 is too much, you've given your rival a 2 point lead (pending they take no hits) before the games have even started.

Perhaps conservative in this case is key given your goal is to stay ahead of rival?

Your back 5 is solid, no changes needed IMO.

Could you do Salah to Son for a Spurs triple up or swap to KDB? Then Martinelli to someone else? (not sure what you'd have ITB here)

Im torn between swapping Salah for KdB or Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Klopp's comments on Salah have made things interesting - was going to do a straight swap of Salah > Son but might keep him now and downgrade Robertson > Tsimikas (bench him) and upgrade Mount to Son instead for a -4. I think I'd feel pretty good going into the final gameweek with Son/Salah/KDB/Saka/Kulu midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

A lot of people including myself are thinking Reece James V Watford

Thing is will be play ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have done Salah to Son.

Ramsdale

TAA, Davies, Cancelo, Alonso

Saka, Kuluveski, Son, KDB, Mount

Nketiah

Subs: Foster, Matip, Pukki, Dennis

I don't see the point of -4s and -8s. It's the last game of the season. Anything could happen in alot of the games where teams have very little to play for.

If I had been watching price rises, I could have done Salah & Weghorst -> Son & Jesus for -4. 0.1 short now so a rethink is needed.

I'm leading a big cash league so I have to make sure transfers this week are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

So 37 points in the lead and have BB left to use:

Current Team:

Ramsdale, Sanchez

TAA, Cancelo, White, Dalot, Emerson-Royal

Salah, Kulu, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Saka

Pukki, Kane, Dennis

-12 to get the following:

Ramsdale, Sanchez

TAA, Cancelo, Dalot, James, Keane

Son, Kulu, Berndardo, Rodrigo, Saka,

Pukki, Kane, Nketiah

Worth taking the hit?

yeah if taking a -4 now you need that player to get one return to make it cost neutral and two returns to make it worthwhile. I would like to have Kane for the final day but its a fair punt that he returns twice, if he did happy days as there would be bonus points too but it is an outside shot.

I have Son who is chasing the golden boot and will likely captain him and then just do Salah to KdB as my free transfer and leave it at that. KdB normally steps up with some sort of a return when City need it and I cant see that Villa side putting up much of a fight. Maybe if we get an Emi Martinez masterclass but I cant see them holding City to nil, its more likely the game will be settled in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

Punt options I'm looking at: Bowen and Trossard. I have a feeling that Brighton vs West Ham game will have goals and they are both in good form.

Although that's a dubious definition of punt since Bowen is one of the top 5 players this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

haven't posted much in here. the season has been a bit of a slog.

navigating all the DGWs has been a minefield, and it's merely meant that people have had to cater their strategy, almost on a weekly basis, towards trying to get DGW players. that has then resulted in massive swings across the board. Richarlison v Ings and Maddison v Coutinho this week. KDB v Salah last week. they're just a couple of examples.

i look forward to next season being slightly more normal.

feeling lucky to be 34k. captained Son at the right times in the last few weeks. didn't have KDB for his haul. then had Maddison this past GW, plus Ricky captained. i've also had Alonso for this good patch, as well as Matip for his couple of goals. it's been a fun end to an underwhelming season.

i'll likely do Coutinho ----> Mane with my FT. i'll probably captain him. with my Liverpool allegiances, it's a step too far to get in KDB, despite the fact I think he'll very likely bang. i know it's the cardinal sin of FPL to bring your fandom into your decision making, but fúck it. This will be my team. I think Everton will be done, and Ricky won't even play.

Ramsdale

Alonso James Cancelo Matip TAA

Son Mane Gallagher Maddison

Nketiah

Subs: Gordon Richarlison Broja

Yeah I could roll with what I have but triple Arsenal is scary. I’ll defo do Coutinho to Maddison & based on Klopps’s comments I have to take out Salah. At most he’ll be on the bench & he won’t see action unless needed or Son scores :)

Salah then becomes anyone for a hit - Mane or Mount looking top of list. Or with the money in Salah could now do Lukaku & Maddison in & have Coutinho on bench.

I think Chelsea will run riot on Watford

Holy god.

Really need Kane to start. Could do without the uncertainty.

yeah I think Bowen is a good final day punt as he cant stop scoring at the moment. Kind of annoyed at myself that I didnt sell Saka and get back on Bowen when there was an opportunity a few weeks ago. Will be interesting to see what they price him at next season, it wont be 6.5m anyway.

I despise all the sensationalist 'in the know' BS on twitter

"Points to Kulusevski playing last week despite not training the day before the Burnley game."

This doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. I played Kulu last GW thinking if he's sick, he won't play. He came ona and got a yellow for a grand toll of 0 points.

Risky with Kane this weekend IMO.

• Advertisement

Is Kane expected to look for a move again this summer or is he staying put?

I wonder would he give Son a penalty if they get one, probably not as he didnt for the last two. Son would be leading the golden boot now if he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

In a nothing game maybe. But if the penalty matters whoever is supposed to be the better penalty taker should take it.

Frank Lampard already suggesting some players with less game time will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kane hasn't a club to go to who'd want him, and could afford him.

I think Son will only be given a penalty if the game is beyond doubt. and even then, I can see Kane being a greedy pox.

yeah if he leaves I cant see anyone paying £120m for him like CIty wanted to last summer. Kane is a perfect example of why footballers should never have their brother or father as their agent, his brother was stupid taking Levy at face value on a gentlemans agreement with nothing written down. That stupidity probably cost Harry the tens of millions for one big final contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭taxdummy

Yea it's why I have no sympathy for him - multi millionaire, was happy to be getting his 150k+ a week or w/e he's on -and sign a multi year deal and then think he can force his way out. Maybe levy would have written a clause in if he took 50k a week.

• Advertisement

If Chelsea ship Lukaku back to Inter the new owners might look to make Kane a marquee signing/statement of intent...

And historically like with all Chelsea strikers he'll never score a goal again or ever be a viable fantasy asset!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I think Kanes position as a "must have" fantasy asset is coming to an end regardless of whether he stays or goes. I think I only had him for two game weeks this season and no regrets. That, plus the dynamics of the game are moving away from premium strikers anyway. Value now is in the midfield and attacking defenders.

VVD, Trent, Salah & Mane all trained today after not making the squad on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Big decision now whether to keep Salah or not 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Matip could be a another issue for me this week with VVD back training.

Really wish I had two FT this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 rdamjan

Does anyone go with Chelsea players? Tuchel comments made me think:S

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭taxdummy

Thoughts on Sterling, didn't feature against West Ham - would you sub him out and take -4 to get in Kane, or is having Son enough?

That value might be eroded by slapping higher price tags. Kane should be slightly cheaper too. To at least make it more difficult.

Im holding James and playing him in the hope of a clean sheet but wont be buying any others. If I was I think Mount is worth a punt as he is less prone to rotation. But given its a dead rubber game Tuchel could bench any of them and go with youth. I think I would go Foden over Mount as he seems to be considered part of Peps best team and they have to win the game. Id actually say it is easier predicting Peps line up this week than it is doing the same for Tuchels

99% sure Im selling but will wait till deadline in the hope of early team news. Salah himself will be keen to play the full 90 as he is only 1 ahead in the golden boot but he has looked fierce tired lately so wouldnt be surprise if the medical team say 30 minutes max and Klopp goes with their advice. Even if I knew he was starting I still think I'd sell, he is just bang out of form and has been for weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not convinced Salah will play the full 90. I took a -4 to take him and Dennis out for Mane and Toney.

Head is fried. Is this worth it?

Deadling is tomorrow for me. Heading over to see Arsenal on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I wouldn't be taking -12 in your shoes. Madness. Unlikely you'll lose that much of a lead. -4 max if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Nothing to play for, out of the running money wise and still have BB so plenty of minus points for transfers this week.

So what are people's choices for captain? Currently on Kane. Dont have Son, which is a worry

I wouldnt take a -12 for that either, and not to get Keane and James in. Would do the Dennis to Nketiah move alright and maybe Salah to Son for a -4 but not the other two.If youre 37 ahead in your ML and playing BB then you should be alright if you can pick the same captain your rival is going to

• Advertisement
Advertisement