Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

In a nothing game maybe. But if the penalty matters whoever is supposed to be the better penalty taker should take it.

Frank Lampard already suggesting some players with less game time will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kane hasn't a club to go to who'd want him, and could afford him.

I think Son will only be given a penalty if the game is beyond doubt. and even then, I can see Kane being a greedy pox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah if he leaves I cant see anyone paying £120m for him like CIty wanted to last summer. Kane is a perfect example of why footballers should never have their brother or father as their agent, his brother was stupid taking Levy at face value on a gentlemans agreement with nothing written down. That stupidity probably cost Harry the tens of millions for one big final contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭taxdummy

Yea it's why I have no sympathy for him - multi millionaire, was happy to be getting his 150k+ a week or w/e he's on -and sign a multi year deal and then think he can force his way out. Maybe levy would have written a clause in if he took 50k a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

If Chelsea ship Lukaku back to Inter the new owners might look to make Kane a marquee signing/statement of intent...

And historically like with all Chelsea strikers he'll never score a goal again or ever be a viable fantasy asset!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I think Kanes position as a "must have" fantasy asset is coming to an end regardless of whether he stays or goes. I think I only had him for two game weeks this season and no regrets. That, plus the dynamics of the game are moving away from premium strikers anyway. Value now is in the midfield and attacking defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

VVD, Trent, Salah & Mane all trained today after not making the squad on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Big decision now whether to keep Salah or not 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Matip could be a another issue for me this week with VVD back training.

Really wish I had two FT this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rdamjan

Does anyone go with Chelsea players? Tuchel comments made me think:S

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭taxdummy

Thoughts on Sterling, didn't feature against West Ham - would you sub him out and take -4 to get in Kane, or is having Son enough?

That value might be eroded by slapping higher price tags. Kane should be slightly cheaper too. To at least make it more difficult.

Im holding James and playing him in the hope of a clean sheet but wont be buying any others. If I was I think Mount is worth a punt as he is less prone to rotation. But given its a dead rubber game Tuchel could bench any of them and go with youth. I think I would go Foden over Mount as he seems to be considered part of Peps best team and they have to win the game. Id actually say it is easier predicting Peps line up this week than it is doing the same for Tuchels

99% sure Im selling but will wait till deadline in the hope of early team news. Salah himself will be keen to play the full 90 as he is only 1 ahead in the golden boot but he has looked fierce tired lately so wouldnt be surprise if the medical team say 30 minutes max and Klopp goes with their advice. Even if I knew he was starting I still think I'd sell, he is just bang out of form and has been for weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not convinced Salah will play the full 90. I took a -4 to take him and Dennis out for Mane and Toney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Head is fried. Is this worth it?

Deadling is tomorrow for me. Heading over to see Arsenal on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I wouldn't be taking -12 in your shoes. Madness. Unlikely you'll lose that much of a lead. -4 max if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Nothing to play for, out of the running money wise and still have BB so plenty of minus points for transfers this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So what are people's choices for captain? Currently on Kane. Dont have Son, which is a worry

I wouldnt take a -12 for that either, and not to get Keane and James in. Would do the Dennis to Nketiah move alright and maybe Salah to Son for a -4 but not the other two.If youre 37 ahead in your ML and playing BB then you should be alright if you can pick the same captain your rival is going to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Bit of advice required!

For a -4 which is better?

Kane and Kulusevski

vs.

De Bruyne and Sessegnon

Any insight appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looks like I should be going with Salah to Son and captain him.

Its the move that will block any rank kill & ML rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Actually thinking of keeping Salah as a differential at this stage and hoping that Son keeps quiet (already have Kane)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

NI just looked at my team when I said Son to block but that would mean I would have 6 forwards - 3 are Arsenal & 3 are Spurs

I can’t **** do that!!

I might just follow you, stick & transfer elsewhere.

I reckon Chalaboh starts for Chelsea so might just do a boring one there

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Challobah one of the biggest pawns in the game when you think he'll play he doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m thinking Mane and Nketiah for differentials. Both have decent ceilings and something to play for.

I’m wary of Leicester and Chelsea assets. Not sure who’ll start for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Guess who has a wildcard this week? Yep, don't ask, I've gone from 700k to 250k in the past few weeks. Anyway, here's what I'm looking at:

Dubravka

Robertson - Collins - Sessegnon

Son - KdB - Foden - Diaz - Cornet

Nketiah - Kane

Foster: Chalobah - Gelhardt - Tsimikas

0.0 ITB

Considered Mane, but Diaz frees up a lot more funds. Cornet has something to play for, and figured Liverpool are more likely to keep a clean sheet than Cancelo?

Any thoughts welcome? Any punts welcome? Not cash rich, something like 102 in total

Lol a mate in one of my MLs is going into the final day with 3 unused chips, I think he lost interest or else didnt fully read the rules.

I like that team especially with Son, KdB, Diaz and Foden in midfield and Kane up top, your main headache is who to captain as there are 3 viable options there. Id consider losing Collins as I dont see Burnley keeping a clean sheet. Id put Newcastle as a better chance to keep a clean sheet, not by much though but they have been playing well and have kept clean sheets vs Norwich, Palace and Arsenal lately. If you dont want to double up on the Newcastle defence then consider a Leicester defender, they play a lacklustre Southampton who have nothing to play for. Nkietah is a good shout v Everton but if you have the funds also consider Toney v Leeds who have let in rakes of goals lately. Eriksen is also playing well and has got a few assists lately, he might be a better option over Cornet

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

I'd consider utd to leak a few v palace tomorrow Ronaldo's out now aswell only issue for me is who do palace play up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Coutinho and Watkins out for maddison and toney

Gives me

Pickford

White Tavares Robertson

Saka son kdb mount maddison

Toney richarlison

McGovern cash mykolenko weghorst

Opinions welcome

Advertisement