Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

KOTH on T'Other Forum saying McCloskey starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Another missed opportunity to get McCann into the XXIII.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Is now really the time for it? If he wasn't trusted before then I don't think the coaches will be playing him with the season on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

No Marty Moore this week! Big test for T.O.T,

Massive game for Ulster. I hope they can win and secure the home qf. Sharks coming in very strong. I think Ulster should win, home advantage and they've had a lot of time to rest and focus on this one. C"mon Ulster!

Huge peals of thunder, torrential rain on... This is going to be THE CRACK

• Advertisement

C'mon Ulster for **** sake!!! Feeling good about this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Great power from Stuart there

The referee in this game is absolutely Killing the sharks

There's breakdown shenanigans, and there's Blatant infringements, but some of the stuff ulster are getting away with here is on another level.

Lovely movement for that Try

• Advertisement

I just meant the referee is so bad he can't even see the most obvious penalties right in front of his nose. Ulster taking advantage of that as any good team would

For example, that penalty should have gone to the sharks for Ulster playing off their feet.

I agree, but I feel referees aren't allowed to make mistakes anymore. Every fan base encounters the worst referee performance every other week now.

I love the energy Treadwell has been bringing off the bench the last few months. Really makes his mark in the tackle area, as long as he keeps it legal.

I'm a neutral here, I don't want Ulster to lose here.

The sharks will be really annoyed that they didn't get a fair shot when they were pummelling on the Ulster line for 10 minutes and ulster were killing everything and then the first mistake the Sharks made, the ref instantly blew them for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

Ulster doing their best to implode, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Great night's entertainment.

McCloskey was immense tonight.

The Sharks are a good side.

Home QF locked in anyway, let's see what happens tomorrow.

Good result!

Out of curiosity, how did O'Toole do in the scrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

He was excellent. The entire front row can take heart from their performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

From what I saw the Ulster scrum was rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Very well, he actually had a really good game overall, I still think he needs to drop his tackle height a bit.

There were some really good performances last night...Warwick, O'Toole, Hendy, Timoney, Rea, Cooney, Burns, McCloskey and Hume all had massive games.

The crowd were up for it last night as well which was great to see.

The downside is that yet again we concede late tries dewpite being in a comfortable position. It's a bad habit and we need to snap out of it.

It was a serious concern given the Sharks' strength in the front three, but the Ulster fellas handled them admirably. I was half worried it would be carnage.

I did see the highlights! McCloskey is a beast! Serious unit! He bulldozed his way through for his try. Looked like he was swatting flies.

McElroy for me, is going to be an international. This lad is solid and doesn't appear to have any weaknesses. It's frustrating that the best attacking Irish players have serious deficiencies in their game. Stockdale and Larmour, despite being unreal attacking threats, are also unreal defensive liabilities. Stockdale in particular, from an Ulster standpoint, should not play at fb. He's not as good as Lowry or Addison. He's a wing and I can't ever see him being a top level fb.

I think Ulster at home in a qf will be difficult for any side to beat. Hopefully a sf is in the cards.

McIlroy had a few bad errors last night I thought. Really tidy player though.

Massive interpro qf upcoming. How ye feeling about Munster?

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If we turn up we should win.

But you can never trust Ulster to turn up.

I hope Ulster snag the win. They have been inconsistent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭launish116

Ross Kane has just signed for Ealing Trailfinders

• Advertisement

Ealing are becoming a 5th province! Kane is not a good player and if Ealing go to the premiership, they'll go nowhere with Kane.

Advertisement