Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bam will foul himself into trouble against the Celtics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Pat Bev was on ESPN again today, he was hilarious haha

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Celtics were always likely to lose Game 1, coming so soon after an incredibly physical Game 7 against a very physical Milwaukee. And that's even at full strength.

I'll take your sweep bet if you want a counter!

I'd still take the Celtics in this series. They're a better team than Miami.

I haven't seen the Game yet (I'll watch it tonight) but it looks like Jimmy Butler went to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yeah I still fancy Boston, too many variables left. I think Bill Simmons mentioned it was one of the worst second halves they've ever had, cant remember the exact stat. And with Horford and Smart surely due back, theres so much room to improve.

Lining up to be a decent series again by the looks of it!

I haven't listened to Simmons yet but I saw a Kirk Goldsberry tweet that it was the second worst (by 1 point) 3rd quarter in Boston's playoff history. Also their second worst ever playoff margin in a quarter - also by 1 point. And....The Celtics shot 2-for-15 (13.3%) in the 3rd quarter, their worst in ANY quarter over the last 4 seasons. Regular season or playoffs.

What's so bizarre about this is that in the first half they had the second most points in the paint for a half in Play Off history (all teams). Talk about falling off a cliff in the 3rd quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good first game, should be a great series alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,698 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

t Round:

1. Orlando Magic
    2. Oklahoma City Thunder
    3. Houston Rockets
    4. Sacramento Kings
    5. Detroit Pistons
    6. Indiana Pacers
    7. Portland Trail Blazers
    8. New Orleans Pelicans (from Lakers)
    9. San Antonio Spurs
    10. Washington Wizards
    11. New York Knicks
    12. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Clippers)
    13. Charlotte Hornets
    14. Cleveland Cavaliers
    15. Charlotte Hornets (from Pelicans)
    16. Atlanta Hawks
    17. Houston Rockets (from Nets)
    18. Chicago Bulls
    19. Minnesota Timberwolves
    20. San Antonio Spurs (from Raptors)
    21. Denver Nuggets
    22. Memphis Grizzlies (from Jazz)
    23. Brooklyn Nets (from Sixers)
      • Note: The Nets have the option of deferring their acquisition of the Sixers’ pick to 2023. That decision must be made by June 1.
    24. Milwaukee Bucks
    25. San Antonio Spurs (from Celtics)
    26. Dallas Mavericks
    27. Miami Heat
    28. Golden State Warriors
    29. Memphis Grizzlies
    30. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Suns)

Second Round:

1. Indiana Pacers (from Rockets)
    2. Orlando Magic
    3. Toronto Raptors (from Pistons)
    4. Oklahoma City Thunder
    5. Orlando Magic (from Pacers)
    6. Portland Trail Blazers
    7. Sacramento Kings
    8. San Antonio Spurs (from Lakers)
    9. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Spurs)
    10. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Wizards)
    11. New Orleans Pelicans
    12. New York Knicks
    13. Los Angeles Clippers
    14. Atlanta Hawks
    15. Charlotte Hornets
    16. Detroit Pistons (from Nets)
    17. Memphis Grizzlies (from Cavaliers)
    18. Minnesota Timberwolves
    19. Sacramento Kings (from Bulls)
    20. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Nuggets)
    21. Golden State Warriors (from Raptors)
    22. New Orleans Pelicans (from Jazz)
    23. Boston Celtics
    24. Milwaukee Bucks
    25. Miami Heat (from Sixers)
    26. Washington Wizards (from Mavericks)
    27. Golden State Warriors
    28. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Heat)
    29. Portland Trail Blazers (from Grizzlies)
    30. Indiana Pacers (from Suns)

Be interesting to see if Chet Holmgren still goes #1 (bookies currently have Jabari Smith as favourite). Rockets will do well now regardless, Chet and Jabari should be 1/2 in some combination, leaving Rockets with Banchero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Was at the game last night, we made Dallas look very average, totally shut down Luka and he looked so frustrated, they will adapt but a good sign

Awesome man! My dream to go to an NBA game some day.

• Advertisement

How’s that prediction working out for you?

🤣

I am joking btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

made an effort to watch the game, but fell asleep on the chair before the match typically !! 1.30am is a tough time for the games.

Glad to see the Celtics evened up the series. Seems to be as simple as when they shoot the 3 well they win !!

Good job I didn't take up that bet. Ah I fancy Celtics to win it 4-2. Smart is just too good (really enjoyed him dropping Streus with a crossover)

1:30 or 2:00 now for the remainder which is a real killer. Really loved the early Sunday games

Some comeback by the warriors, thought the Mavs were gonna pull off the win. Way too many easy shots inside and unreal outside shooting. Gonna be a good series.

yea, great win, me and a bunch of friends watched it at a big bar in San Diego, was unreal win. I love the composure and it almost feels like the warriors of a few years ago

think Celtics will win tonight, but under a lot of pressure. Having your second best player score 40 and still lose !! As I thought Bam is someone that will cause them lots of problems.

Mirror opposite of a first quarter tonight. Should be heading to bed confident with the Celtics but who knows !!

Lowest ever first quarter score in the playoffs for the Heat in their history, 11 points.

Celtics on fire defensively and Tatum on fire offensively with 12 points in the first being closely followed by White on 10 points.

Could not go to bed, enjoying it too much. Celtics playing great. Rob Williams a huge difference. Also Horford

• Advertisement

Yeah Williams has been awesome so far, Horford great as per usual.

Tatum 24 points without a three.

The scheduling in these Play Offs is mad and it's showing in the injuries that are piling up for all East Teams it seems (but not so much the West). I'm not saying this as a Celtics fan but it does impact the quality of play when you have to go every other day with travel included - I just hate seeing guys get injured and this schedule is causing some of them. Boston have just had to play Miami and Milwaukee back to back in 2 very physical series. GS could be finished tonight and have a week off before the Finals start. Its a huge advantage to have that rest then play one of two teams that have been beaten up for 2 weeks.

This is the premier showcase for the League - they should want the best product possible - and that means giving guys sufficient rest.

As a Celtics fan I strongly suspected they'd win last night. I also think they'll come out of the East be that winning the next 2 straight or winning in Miami in Game 7. I think Boston are a better team than Miami, but Miami are tougher, more street-wise and smarter. It could go either way of course, but again, back to those injuries

LeBron makes 3rd Team All NBA - absolute joke when his team didn't even make the Play In, let alone the Play Offs.

2021-22 All-NBA teams:

First: Nikola Jokic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, Devin Booker, Jayson Tatum

Second: Joel Embiid, Ja Morant, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, DeMar DeRozan

Third: Karl-Anthony Towns, LeBron James, Chris Paul, Trae Young, Pascal Siakam

In a strange way the MISSED 0 GAMES is almost the most impressive stat.

And all that was after close to 2 years away from the game trying to make it at baseball.

This is a great read, it's about tonight's matchup.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/33978353

Let's go Celtics!!!

This game is so big, you win you get two chances to make the finals.

Rob Williams and Smart both healthy enough to start.

Heat without Herro again.

This is the type of game we were expecting in this series, super defense fir most of it. 42-37 Heat at halftime. 6 points for Brown, 4 for Tatum, 7 for Butler, Bam has 10.

Celtics on fire since halftime, up by 17 early in the fourth.

Rob Brown has been awesome tonight again.

I think we should nickname Al Horford fine wine because he just gets better as he gets older.

Defense has been on top for the Celtics all night, Heat have fallen off on defense in the second half.

• Advertisement

Warriors through to another finals, kind of crazy really, was way too easy, I think if we played Phoenix it would of went 7 games. I thought Dallas would put up a lot better fight, I knew we were better but Doncic had been unreal, his defense is shocking, so **** lazy and toys go out of the pram when he doesn’t get his way, he needs to change that if he really wants to be seen as a great

Should be playing Celtics I’d say, that’s going to be a legit series, tough one to call. I would of definitely said Celtics a few weeks ago after the run they went on second half of season but Warriors have hit their groove now. Every single Warriors player is contributing, Curry is not trying too much, he turns it on when needed, Wiggins and Looney are like new players, Draymond just a beast as ever, Klay isn’t consistent yet but shows up when needed. Everyone on the bench giving good minutes

Can’t wait to go to a finals game at the new stadium, hopefully it’s just as good as Oracle

Advertisement