Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramount+ (launching 22 June)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,660 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Happy for the irish audience. An old friend shared a password with me recently, and I've been catching up on things I only heard about from clickbait before, like Discovery etc., I had done a free trial last year and gotten a kick from Lower Decks and wasn't as impressed with season 1 of Picard (s2 is better at least). Lower Decks is funny and worth watching, at its core it roasts star trek for some of the blemishes in the now 56 yr franchise.

Tastes may vary but having got the chance to watch Discovery recently and get through about 1 and a half seasons I think this is one of their best offerings on the platform for science fiction, good star trek, better than DS9 and the stuff we last saw on TV for sure, but it's also a divergence from core star trek presentation and style that people will like and dislike in varying degrees I think - great action, superbly beautiful CGI shots, and a bunch of love triangles I'd rather just left me alone.

Strange New Worlds just blew in and the 1st episode is on Youtube. Viewers who are watching or may watch Discovery are warned there are Discovery spoilers and tie-in dialog in the first episode which may color your watching of Discovery differently. However, SNW is peak Star Trek and I think for most people, you'll grate with 1 or 2 of your personal flavor of character (the medic reminds me of someone I know, who is a nurse lol) but otherwise find it to be very agreeable to watch and enjoy and not just for the stunning and state of the art 4K visuals.

Star Trek: Prodigy is also on there, I don't know much about it to write it off as a "Kids Show" but I haven't watched any of it yet, it looks very reminiscent of Star Wars: The Clone Wars visually and Katie Mulgrew reportedly has reprised her role as Janeway in it.

There's also football livestreams and channel livestreams at least in the US.

I don't watch sports but someone might like the peek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Looks like they are assembling the library.

very surprised they have left an access to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

This may have been asked already but does this mean TNG, DS9, Voyager will be leaving Netflix soon?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I think that’s happened or going to happen in the States alright, but the deal here is for a different period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,660 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Me neither and it’s for the most part just CBS here. Cable news is ass, if I’m already on a web browser there are a million better ways to get the news than via talking head.

Does anyone know if Paramount+ has user profiles and if so how many can be added?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What channel is this on Sky?

It’s not a channel, this is a streaming service like Netflix/Prime Video/Disney+ etc and accessed in similar fashion.

An app will be available on Sky Q (and Sky Glass/Stream in the U.K.). Some content will be apparently available via On Demand for Sky+HD customers with a Sky Cinema sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Available from Play Store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pnott

Paramount+ is now live including the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Signed up for this, paid with three credit. Selection is ............Ok-ish.

What devices are you using?

there is no app available and it isn’t showing as a channel in the TV app on AppleTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Android app is there for most of today

The app is there for IOS - I didn’t scroll down far enough. I would have though Paramount+ would b e the first result when searching “paramount+”.

Is Halo an adult show? I had expected it to aimed at adults and teenagers but was just told it is gory with a lot of profanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

For those signing up and are a bit iffy on the series The Offer due to bad reviews, i started it yesterday and it’s actually pretty enjoyable. Some of the dialogue is terrible but it’s definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone know what sky cinema subs are meant to do to get access?

• Advertisement

Should be information on the Sky website after the official launch today.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-paramount-plus-pre-launch-roi

anyone here using an AppleTV ?

I will get the trial the trial this weekend but curious to know if it is a part of Up Next in thr TV app.

It is supposed to be but so was Disney+ when it launched but they forgot about it until they got feedback.

I had been watching that page, but it didn't update after midnight and now it's 404 😊

Looks like you have to say "Get Paramount Plus" into your Sky remote!! 😒

You can also click on any piece of Paramount+ content in the Sky Q menu system (for those without a voice remote).

Seems to be a similar process to claiming the 12 month Discovery+ entitlement (for those who did that - incidentally those trials will be starting to expire soon, for those who claimed it in time for the Olympics last year).

And yes you can sign up to Sky Cinema and then claim Paramount+ entitlement - some people might see some value in that for the extra €4pm (in fact there’s an €9pm deal for six months at the moment which is only another €1pm on top of P+ stand-alone). If you are an existing Sky satellite customer, of course.

Very surprised, but very happy to see Deadwood is available. Didn’t know it had anything to do with Paramount. Hopefully the movie will be added soon.

I am disappointed that there is no old shows like McGyver, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, etc. but I suppose broadcasting rights are taken the various channels for now.

Does anyone know if the original Star Trek and the Next Generation episodes are the ones with the upgraded VFX ? I had hoped they’d be the originals but I suppose that is something foolish to expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

I believe there's no 4K or surround sound on it. Supposed to be coming around Xmas, which seems like a strange decision to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Also interested in this. Might be looking for a family deal to try it out for a year. Almost too much content to consume now :)

I was hoping they’d have Atmos for Strange New Worlds and Discovery and Halo.

Stereo only is a bit naff.

Disney+ has Atmos but at the moment it doesn’t have support for Airpods. Still sounds great though.

• Advertisement

I email Paramount+ but they misunderstood as the response was “six devices at once”.

I googled it though and in the US apparently they can 6 user profiles. Hopefully it is that here too.

There doesn’t seem to be much available according to the channel on the TV app on tvOS. Maybe the app shows a larger library but I’m happy to see there is older movies like Sunset Boulevard, some John Wayne’s, etc.

I own most of these old movie I can listed but it is good that they are available. It means more will come.

Advertisement