Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

It was a potential cliffhanger a couple weeks ago, think thats fizzled out now with how Wexford have been going. If you were to go on wexfords record against kk alone in the past few years though you wouldn't be making kk solid favourites, seems to be a fear that wexford will suddenly turns things around and pull out a similar performance, there was the same fear going into the Dublin game despite how they were going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Comerman

Probably a stupid question but does the KK v WX tickets cover entry to the Clara game too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

So very good weekend for Kilkenny. Beat Wexford and somehow hope U20's beat Lk.

Good weekend. Beat Wexford and U20's lose by 6 or less.

Fair weekend. Lose to Wexford but Galway beat Dublin. U20's beaten by 8

Bad weekend. Lose to Wexford, Dublin draw or win against Galway. U20's beaten out the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rega

Cheers Rega

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

KILvWEX E Murphy M Butler C Delaney T Walsh M Carey R Reid P Deegan A Murphy A Mullen J Donnelly TJ Reid P Walsh C Kenny M Keoghan E Cody Subs D Brennan D Corcoran D Blanchfield C Browne C Fogarty C Buckley J Maher W Walsh B Ryan R Leahy T Phelan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

The Leinster Club Final between Clara (Kilkenny) and Borris in Ossory

John Donnelly is probably the only one I didn't expect to start, hasn't been going too well. Wallys turn on the bench after being hauled off at half time the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

• Advertisement

Cats

U16 are playing Cork at 12 in the park too according to the website

Think that's the U15 as the 2 U16s are in Dunmore at 11.30 and 1

Easier to find Putin than fixtures in Kilkenny 😂

KILvLIM U20 A Tallis N Rowe S Purcell P Lennon J Fitzpatrick P Moylan P Langton K Doyle A Hickey D Walsh T Clifford P McDonald B Drennan G Dunne I Byrne Subs A Rafter B Reid E O Brien M Gannon J Doyle T Dunne J Walsh P Blanchfield A Croke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Kevin foley named on the wexford team so they'll probably go back to what worked for them a few years ago. They don't know what they're at presently. We'll want to get Richie Reid free on our side and for the first time in a long time we'll have a player who can play that role smartly. We've seen this at Club level most teams drop back a player and it leaves richie free. Delivery of ball into the forwards needs to be better.

Wally a little unlucky to lose out but cody was vicious with him against Dublin. Donnelly I think is better coming on when things open up but wally is a good sub to have.Padraig needs a good game Saturday or he could come under pressure.

hoping tj has a good first half as well and he’s not getting to the point where he’s better being on when things open up too. Alan Murphy might be the better free taker at the moment

All is forgiven with Wally?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

Wexford deservedly ahead, but no way was that a free against Delaney.

Some stop by Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

The year is 2048. We're playing Wexford and we're still raining balls down on top of their half back line where they out number us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Charlie69

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mullinr2

We are a desperately poorly coached team

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Neewollah

God we're bad. Thats all that needs to be said.

Well done wexford on an excellent performance

Brainless shite. Again. Get rid of every single one of em on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

Oh god Murphy Raining ball after ball down the field. Nicky English is even mentioning it on sky that we are one dimensional. I give up it's beyond depressing at this stage. I actually can't watch this stuff any more. Someone text me in a few years when we have a new management team and I'll start going back to matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭me89

High ball after high ball and getting cleaned out of it. Embarrassing stuff.

That was absolute bullshit. There's noone out there that can think what happened there this evening is acceptable. If we'd never played Wexford before you'd still be asking questions about it but how was that the plan after the last 5 years. How? Total **** embarrassment. Absolute disgusted leaving that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭kksaints

Woeful, completely woeful. If Cody thinks that the high ball is working, I don't know what he's looking at.

Just unbelievable high ball after high ball. 2 and 3 lads contesting the high ball with one Wexford man ball breaks to one of 3 loose Wexford men. Stick a man on the sweeper stops him picking out the passes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Absolutely clueless from Kilkenny. As others have said raining high balls on a Wexford defence with a spare man at the back. Allowing Wexford to bring ball out of their defence virtually unchallenged. Keeping Paddy Deegan on the field. He is a fighter but his distribution is poor.

We do not have the players but the system we are playing is dragging the team down further. Time for Cody to go

Advertisement