Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Can you adjust the level of regen braking in 2022 RWD models?

Would like to be able to do so, but I can’t see that I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Unfortunately Tesla in their wisdom now only have one level of regen (Quite strong) in the standard RWD. Not sure about the upper models.

The speakers definitely work in the rear, but the system is biased to the front. If you move the sound to the rear you seem to loose some quality. Overall I am quite happy with the RWD sound system, particularly Spotify and internet radio.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m not sure. I’ve only owned the performance S and 3 and they have all had the standard low or high regen options.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

There is no sub in the RWD Model 3 and none is fitted, the “extra” speakers are however fitted and can be “unlocked” via additional wiring loom but not for the faint hearted. Without a sub I see no point in messing around with the config. A sub/external amp can be added by tapping into the wiring loom in the drivers door but a lot of effort required to cable it back to the boot.

I had a premium audio S before the RWD 3 and have adjusted to the sound quality, thankfully it is nowhere near as poor as I thought it would be. I play all my music from .flac files via the USB dataport. Before premium audio became a standard option Tesla had stupid amount of build options, premium audio was £2.5k extra.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Regen is noticeable difference when your first drive but after a day or two you get totally used to it, to the point that when you drive another car you miss it..trust me on this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Daithi88

Don’t know if it’s just me, but do the EDD’s for UK customers move around a lot more than for Irish customers? I’m following the Tesla Motor Club UK forum and people that have had an EDD the same as me seem to be changing quite regular, tightening up around the end of June as we approach the end of the quarter and potential of ships leaving Shanghai.

Whereas mine has been stuck on November since I ordered in March.

I‘ m aware this quarter is a bit of an outlier with the China covid lockdowns, and maybe Ireland are going to miss out on a shipment this time. But I’m desperately clinging on to hope that ill get something before November!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I ordered in early February and never received an EDD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Definitely, one pedal driving is one of the best things

The UK is a huge market so latest Covid related disruptions to Shanghai is naturally having a huge impact with changes to EDD's.. The Tesla Motor Club UK forum generates pages of comments, that go around and around and are to a large extent speculative, possible passing on anxieties like a virus. Most relate to delivery dates prior to November which might be why you are not seeing changes (a good sign). Reality is Tesla lost more than 50,000 production units as a result of closure and ramping up production is ongoing . They are operating one shift at the moment (normally 3) and this relates also to a lack of parts thy need from other China suppliers who have had similar closures. Tesla will move heaven and earth to get production back up but it will take a while to catch up.

There are currently 3 ships on the high seas heading for Europe and that is why there are now more specific estimates that are converging around last two weeks of June (only one expected for UK). Irish deliveries head to Zeebrugge and one of the ships is due there14th June, cars then need to pick up a RORO to Dublin and some lucky customers will get delivery dates compressed to last week of June.

Hope this helps

Thanks JOL, very knowledgeable info.

I might give that site a break for a while!

I keep telling myself that I have the car ordered and it will show up at some stage!

• Advertisement

Probably a good idea for your mental health. It becomes addictive and in recent weeks that forum has gone crazy, although I understand the excitement and anxiety while you are waiting.

Keep an eye on the Tesla inventory site as around each quarter end (last week June) some cars usually appear in stock that may suit your order Unlike what you may think that they would pass to the next available in the queue ..they don’t they appear for sale but are usually snapped up within a few hours.

when you get your car you won’t be disappointed. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Great experience at the Sandyford service centre this morning with my first “issue”.

Intermittent fault since delivery with Sentry Mode and Dashcam turned out to be a faulty data cable. Took the lads 3 hours to pinpoint, parts ordered and the rangers will replace it in the next few weeks.

On another note, the EV Offer speaker activation kit finally arrived from Hong Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I know that I have investment bias in the experience that I'm about to share, but even so...

I was away and needed a rental car this week. Ended up with a Toyota Corolla for the couple of days. Perfectly reasonable car, steady, reliable and not a million miles fro the Auris I had before getting my Model 3 earlier this year. So I'm not necessarily raking pot shots at Toyota.

But, there were so many things I missed from the M3 immediately - the immediate acceleration, one-pedal driving (having to use the brake so often) , just leaving the car when I park and it automatically turning everything off, locking itself, the steering experience, the excellent room / view / airiness of the M3 driving position to name but a few.

I didn't think I could become so indoctrinated to and EV so soon. I was wrong... And glad of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You're not alone. I got into my wife's 840d last night.

Great car but not as great as some make out. There is something like 63 separate buttons in front of you. I think 10 alone on the steering wheel. The screen on the centre of the dash is tiny. Go into reverse and it's like looking at a picture on a 10 year old smartphone.

And for those lauding the European build quality. The steering wheel has gone a grey colour from the original black leather and there is less than 20k done on it. Also the top of the door card on the driver's side is also starting to fade.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I drove a brand new Corolla rental in Lithuania last year.

I red lined it on more than a few occasions, and it had absolutely nothing...

Then I found the 'Sport' button, which I duly activated, and it changed the speedo background from blue to red, and when I then floored it.......

It still had absolutely fcuking nothing.

Brand Spanking new and it was still an utter pile of scut.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Yeah stay away from that it'll wreck your head. UK (considering population size and cars delivered) get way more cars proportionally than Ireland but the delivery dates stay the same (I'll be ridiculed again here no doubt for saying). Very rare you'll get before EDD in Ireland from what I saw there were a few in Feb this year that got them early (hit an ordering sweet spot). More than likely be pushed out further in the current environment.

I wish you well in you wait, I didn't have the patience.

Was over in the UK lately Tesla's everywhere (even in the not so posh Midlands).

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

What’s the current wait time for a Model 3? Asking for a friend who is going through a challenging illness but who fancies one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

RWD & Long Range: Jan-> March ‘23

Performance: Sep-> October ‘22

Get deposit down if interested, price will be locked down but more importantely I can see Tesla withdrawing order capability from their website as order book full through to next year

Keep a watch out on inventory models. Some ships on the way, there may be cancellations but they usually go quick

• Advertisement

Are these inventory models already registered to the original intended owner? Or in other words, would I be the first registered owner should I be lucky enough to get one?

Im guessing these are the ones with the “less than 50km odometer” reading.

No, speculative builds from Telsa, you would be the first registered owner

Yes, will state a new 2022 Inventory. You would be the first owner.

Every ship load purposely has ‘X’ amount of cars in it that are intended to be inventory stock, and as the ships get closer to Europe, they drip feed them out as imminently available inventory stock on the website, as well as match them to existing orders that would otherwise be later in the year if the inventory stock isn’t getting much bites…..

for anyone that does have an order with a longish lead time, if you see an inventory car come up in the same spec you ordered, I’d advise making contact with them and get that car matched to your order as they’ll happily leave you waiting 6 months or so in the hope they get an impulse buyer to take an inventory car, as that buyer might not be interested if there’s a 6-12 month lead time.

Was hoovering mine out this morning and noticed the kids had broken the switch to tilt the seat on the passenger side. Went on the app at 9.45 to schedule a service. Got an appointment at 10.30!!

Was waiting in the showroom and an elderly lady was talking with the sales guy.

"What if the car drives itself and crashes on me"?

"What if I break down in Roscommon"?

"What if the car decides not to start"?

"What if I drive in the continent and can't find a charger"?

You'd want the patience of a saint!!

I bet the Tesla sales rep answered every single question though, and in a way that the lady undersood.

Can the other big brands now doing EV's say the same things? I doubt it!

To be fair to him he was very gentle and patient with her. He explained the "Tesla ranger" and also how the car wouldn't just drive itself into a wall 😂😂

Right I'm not going to blow smoke up Tesla's arse about how good the service department were.

Dropped the car at 10.25. Came back at 12 and it was still in the same place. 12.30 it still hadn't moved so I told them I had to leave. Service lad was very apologetic and assured me they have forwarded my details to the ranger and he will get it done ASAP.

I always go for Ranger as first option, they just hired a new one so three on the road now. Given the amount of Teslas now on Irish roads they have more hiring to do.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's funny because the ranger option wasn't available. There was a recall point (something to do with rear harness?). Maybe that's why it only offered the service centre?

Advertisement