Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Ariya

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I test drove base model ionq5 - not a fan of the interior. Too much 80s ghetto blaster silver spray paint. Ariya just felt better all round as well it should at the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Do Nissan honestly think anyone is going to buy this car at that money? Nissan should be the cheaper alternative not the expensive option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Most will be sold on PCP, so people will find a way to afford it, just like they do with ID4s, Enyaqs, Etrons and other vehicles of the same type. There is a flurry of EV buying going on out there so if Nissan can actually get a reliable supply of them into the country then they'll sell. Not too me, mind you, I can't stand SUVs, crossovers or jacked up hatchbacks of this ilk.

I agree though that Nissan should concentrate on the cheaper end of the market though. There are not nearly enough EVs at that end. A standard family sized hatch with over 400km range at sub 30k would sell very well. I don't consider the e208, Corsa E, Honda E to be in the family category at all... I'm also not forgetting about the LEAF but for some reason, Nissan don't seem to be able to sell them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭dingbat

Even if you put the badge thing to one side it's still just not good value when you consider the alternatives already in the market.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

at that price point the alternatives are ICE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I have owned Nissan's, no problem with them but if I am looking at the option I would prefer to spend a little extra and get a better brand, end of story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Anybody know where the demo Ariya that's doing the rounds will be each da\y this week and next? I can't make the appointment I had with a Windsor branch but they didn't know (or wouldn't tell) where the car would be the next day or any other day in the foreseeable. Think it's here for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

If you Look up nissan.ie , the Irish Nissan website as opposed to an individual dealer, You will find a link there called the ariya roadshow schedule, the date for each dealer is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Don't think a booking is required? Never saw anything about that.

Anyone know if any finance or PCP offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

• Advertisement

Went to see it today in Windsor Deansgrange. No test drives allowed despite the fact Paddy Comyn drove it around Mondello 😀

Confused by the pricing though, for two reasons:

1. Windsor claimed starting price (incl. grant) to be 49,995 with no room to move. Nissan Ireland website clearly displays 48,995 as the starting price today (63kw Advance).
    2. Staff referring continuously to the grant cutoff at 60K, whereas several posts on this thread mention 55K. I'm assuming it is in fact 60K otherwise Nissan's pricing makes no sense at all.

Very impressed with the interior - in my opinion a notch nicer than the ID4 and definitely more feeling of space, even though they seem to have nearly identical dimensions. Demo model is the 87kw Evolve spec though - so all those nice goodies won't appear on the Advance sadly - suede trim seating, moving centre console, excellent Bose sound.

With demand well ahead of supply the sales chap was candid enough to say there would be no launch incentives or deals to be had whatsoever. I guess they know they have a captive market.

Launch PCP rate is 3.9%. GMFV is locked at 42% of purchase price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Was in the vicinity of where it was at last week and popped in to take a look. I think it's a beautiful car in the flesh, the two tone copper colour is lovely. And while walking to the dealer we walked past a Kia 6 and my wife thought the Ariya was nicer, but she also thinks the ID.4 is nicer than the Kia too.

Quite nice to be on the inside too, so it's a temping buy for us anyway.

edit: Just to add, the 'base' model is extremely well specc'd.

Post edited by Hurrache on

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Has anyone ordered one yet?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

I am very tempted but local dealer says that the option packs, ie. Panoramic roof & Tech pack (Bose upgrade, HUD, rear view mirror upgrade), aren’t able to be added to orders, which seems a little strange?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Most manufacturers have stopped custom orders. You. It the spec available with no extras

Those prices are nuts, kind of makes Volkswagen's ID range a bargain especially if I think of my ID3 Tour 5 77/82 Kwh at 41k chances are the Ariya will only have 58 Kwh usable that the ID range has for 55K basic trim ? that's nuts. There's no way now I would drive an EV with less than the 77 Kwh I have now in the id3 especially if the car might be less efficient, especially given the appalling state of our public charging infrastructure and lack of 150 Kw + chargers.

I just saw the id.3 Tour 5 has gone from 41.5 K to 43.5K. I could be keeping it at this stage, because God knows what the price will be in 2.5 years.

The 2015 Leaf at the time cost me 28.5K for the highest spec with the optional 6.6 Kw charger and while battery Kwh has greatly increased I believe there is price gouging going on because battery costs were a lot higher in 2015.

These high prices could also be a way to reduce demand.

The reported battery sizes, 63kWh and 87kWh are usable capacity though so actual size likely to be a bit larger. Agree the ID.3 was phenomenal value for money but I’m getting fed up with all the little niggles on mine (now having the entertainment system replaced because it keeps rebooting every 5min or so), never mind the software still not being functional after 20 months of ownership. I’d be worried about running it outside of warranty given the number of issues I’ve had with mine hence thinking about changing now.

The Nissan also appears more luxurious and higher quality internally. Tech wise prob similar but an upgrade for me as coming from the base 1st model. I’m disappointed in the ID.3 - it could have been ideal (looks, size, drive) but the issues have let it down for me.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Something I havent fully decided is battery size, i seem to go from thinking the smaller battery is enough , to I need the bigger battery.... what sortof distance are you covering in a week and how often do you use public charging to say you wouldnt drive "less than the 77" ? . . I usually drive about 100 - 120 km per day, doing 100 - 120kph, mix of motorway and national , I can charge at home over night... The 58bwould cover this, I'd probably charge every night in winter , the odd long distance trip in a year I'd surely find a public charger?

Basic trim from what I can gather is far from basic, pretty much fully loaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I'd find it hard to pay that for a Nissan, along with Opel ,the most naff brand

Funny how people rave then about Kia and Hyundai given their range a short while ago, but moreso around brand snobbery that still exists today.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

I don't have these issues with mine but's who's to say the Ariya won't be the same ? however, there's no way it's worth 55K, in my opinion of course.

Is it even Rear wheel drive ?

Still not worth it, in my opinion, I just wouldn't pay that kind of money for an Ariya.

They'd be better off offering much more basic models, not everyone wants all that tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

With those kind of concerns a person would be nuts to pay the current used prices for the ID range. It seems that as EVs become more expensive they also are becoming more unreliable. For eg I find it strange that people seem to think its reasonable to have to buy and carry around 12v battery boosters because they can't trust their new €40k to €50k+ EV to start. Hopefully as EVs evolve, prices will reduce and reliability niggles will be resolved.

• Advertisement

I've had no electrical issues with any EV I've had, I'm on my 3rd now and I'm doing big Kms.

On the Leaf there was the rear axle problem causing one of the rear wheels to be out of alignment.

On the i3 there was issue with the door seal fixed under warranty. These issues can and do happen ICE cars.

I've 25,000 Kms on the id3 now, no issues, works fine actually very happy with it. By the way things are going now I will probably be keeping it a long time. I just think that issues of World conflicts, inflation and parts availability along with soaring energy costs are going to get a lot worse in the next couple of years and People will see the value of their wages get less and less and our own Government would rather help a lot more foreigners than their own people and the greens want to lash us out of it for living. Buying new cars will be the least of our worries in the next couple of years.

Unfortunately I'm a bit obsessed with it which makes new car buying expensive when you fall into adding options. I went through the Superb and Octavia IV configurator last week and it seemed every little thing I have in my other cars was now optional. I would have just bought the vRS at that point.

With the Ariya the tech pack surprisingly wouldn't have enough draw for me, the Bose system would be nice to have but I could do without the mirror and HUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

iMO the Ariya in terms of quality and looks should be compared with higher spec competing models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

One man's meat is another man's poison and all that. You'd have to pay me to take any VW and I'd still be unhappy.

That said even with the push for spec and build quality that every reviewer that's actually driven one talks about I still think it's over priced.

Overpriced seems to be the way of EVs these days though. There's not many about that represent truly good value unless you get lucky in the second hand market.

• Advertisement

Nissan moved the goalposts slightly last week and made the Evolve trim available with the 63kw battery in Ireland. It contains all the option packs in the Advance trim but is 800 cheaper coming in at 59,195 pre-grant. That gets you the Evolve-only upgraded Alcantara/Leather interior, two-tone metallic, 20" wheels, sliding centre console.

54,195 or 52,995 if you go for a monotone colour, before dealer negotiations.

Looking better!

👍️

I presume that gets you the panoramic sunroof, HUD, upgraded BOSE sound system as well?

So this 63kWh Evolve comes in at €52995, incl a standard, single tone metallic, vs €49695 for the 63kWh Advance in a similar colour - is that correct? If so, this is a much better proposition although the Subaru Solterra Touring model at €54995 (+ €1250 for metallic) is stiff competition - similar specs but has larger battery (71.4kWh) plus permanent 4WD (with proper off road modes).

Mind you, I don't think there'll be any room for negotiation given the limited supply! I had been quoted at least Q1 2023 for a 63kWh Advance model with the optional Tech pack - I wonder if these 63kWh Evolve models will be available earlier (or even later!)?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

Dealer mentioned that Nissan advised there would be more Evolve 63kw models in the Irish allocation than Advance models. Evolve 63 is +€3K over Advance 63 and includes Tech Pack, and Sky Pack but not metallic (700) or two-tone (1200).

Evolve has its own features over and above the option packs from the Advance trim, so yeah this is a better offering definitely.

Have you inside information on this?

Saw the Ariya at local dealer earlier this week; very impressive fit and finish - looks very premium, but dealer hadn’t heard anything about the 63kWh Evolve model availability at all. Are they meant to be available to order now?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

Sat in a branch of Windsor ordering mine and an email from Nissan Ireland came to the dealer network advising Evolve 63 pricing and availability. Finance manager was able to quote straight away.

That was 3 weeks ago.

You know more than my local dealer! 😂

I presume you went for a 63kWh Evolve then? What colour did you go for? (Do you know what the 'standard' no-charge option is?)

When do you expect to take delivery?

I was very impressed by the car - wasn't able to drive it though but looks great inside + out. The only negative I could see is that the boot doesn't seem very big (and things like the moveable armrest + flip out tray are a bit gimmicky - I can't see people moving it much once they've got it into a position they like)

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭cannco253

Ariya in green, quick review by Bjorn

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Does nuclear power help them?

Imagine we had our own plant here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ETron grossly inefficient so poor comparison, the Ariya is a lovely looking car but with a COD of 0.3 will never be considered efficient

You missed the joke.

which etron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Demand for the Ariya seems to be pretty strong with a lot of dealers I've touched base with reporting that their 2022 allocation has sold out. Looks like I'll have to wait until 2023 if I go through with buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

Thats the same with KIA, Toyota, Hyundai, Cupra etc. You can still get an ID4 Life (174bhp for) for middle of July which cost less than the Ariya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I've just been catching up on the What electric car is actually available? thread and so I saw, it seems to be the seem across the board.  

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

Yeah fair played. If you decide to get a specific EV then there is no harm to order one now and put a deposit down and also tell the dealer that you would be interested in any order cancellation for the same car. You might be able to get one before the end of the year with a bit of luck. I have dropped 5 deposits on different dealers and was able to snack a cancellation for August albeit it was for a different car and for my wife. I got all the deposits back except for the cancellation obviously. (Cupra Born)

In summary:

“The Ariya is a great leap in the right direction for Nissan. It's more premium-feeling than anything we've yet seen from the brand, and it backs this up with some great engineering and technology underneath the stylish body. Performance and refinement are impressive, as is the Ariya's range from even the smaller battery model. Individual touches inside and plenty of functional features combined with interesting design and materials make it an appealing choice that proves Nissan's electrification push is really gathering pace.”

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

Has been chosen as their car of the year for 2022 as well!

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

How many different Car of the Year competitions are there - it is nearly worse than professional boxing

• Advertisement

True...but suggests car is reasonably good as unlikely to be chosen as COTY if it's actually terrible.

Their choice last year - the Hyundai Ioniq 5.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

Advertisement