Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

Why would I, I commented on the links you shared the first time.

My only comment on your new links is that yes, there were scams, which I already acknowledged were identified in the 2014 report and closed because of the actions taken as a result of that report. The controls implemented since then make it virtually impossible to run a scam school as Gardai have to sign off on each student at the end of their exams and all school records are subject to search and seizure at any time.

You have anything since that time period or are you going to keep pointing at that issue which has since been addressed?

its not the "gotcha" you think it is simply because it has been addressed and those scams have all been shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

https://www.independent.ie/news/teacher-who-falsified-certificates-in-order-to-work-in-ireland-says-he-got-caught-up-in-a-terrible-web-of-lies-41512115.html

A few more links since that period that show scams . I think other scams will likely surface in future .

My posts were prompted by your reply to a poster demonstrating that such scams did not exist and looking for proof . You now claim that you recognise scams existed but all such scams have been addressed since 2016 .

'' Really? never heard of it. Surely if its so well known there must be more than just your post that has details on it. Are there any stats, or govt reports etc or is it just heresay and anecdotal ranting? ''

Post edited by rgossip30 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

What do you think will happen once the Doorley's have served their sentence??

1) They'll be told to leave Australia and set free to self deport, yet be allowed roam the land as deportations "are complex"??

or

2) Put on a plane out of Australia as soon as their sentence is over??

Any Irish person who overstays a visa, or commits a crime in another country should be deported back here.

Sigh, again, ok

1. Your first link relates to a scam travel agency. No evidence of scam schools currently in operation in Ireland in this link, moving on
    2. The next link relates to unqualified teachers getting jobs teaching english. No evidence of scam schools currently in operation in Ireland in this link, moving on again
    3. The last link relates to a teacher who falsified certificates about his teaching qualifications in order to be able to work in Ireland. No evidence of scam schools currently in operation in Ireland in this link, and we're done

Do you even read these links lol

My posts were prompted by your reply to a poster demonstrating that such scams did not exist and looking for proof . You now claim that you recognise scams existed but all such scams have been addressed since 2016 .

Yeah, wasn't aware of them until someone posted the details here. Looked into it, saw the report, saw the actions taken, saw the results of those actions.

So yeah, was an issue, has been fixed.

If you want to keep banging the drum about an issue that's already been fixed, go ahead, but I don't see any point in engaging further on it as you don't seem to be able to show it is still an issue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Every single English language school is a sham school. Every single one of them. They may follow the rules (which they probably lobbied for) and they may be vetted by the Guards and all that but traveling from South America to Ireland to learn English is just a pretext to get a visa and everyone knows that. There, hope it's all clear now.

• Advertisement

In your opinion

Or do you have any evidence to show any of the current schools are continuing the practices from pre-2014?

Of course they are continuing the practices of being part in a visa for money government sanctioned racket. All legal all above board all that, no questioning here, but ffs, let's have some common sense and not insult our intelligence :)

So no evidence of any issues then, and, as you say, all legal, all above board

👍️

Of course, I've said that from the beginning. It's legal, but still a sham, just like the amnesty of the illegals.

Why do they want to come here to learn English if not to stay . How many return to Brazil or wherever when the courses finish few you can get status . The whole scheme is just a way to come here .

• Advertisement

Yup, perfectly legal, so no issue

Why do they want to come here to learn English if not to stay

Ireland has a lot to offer for visitors

How many return to Brazil or wherever when the courses finish few you can get status .

No idea what the last 5 words mean

But to your question, no idea. Ask the Gardai or the govt, possibly the DFA. Its a good question, let me know if you get data on it, would be interested in seeing it myself

In a nutshell a scheme facilitated by government to bring migrants here .

After Helens amnesty scheme, they will be alot more lauguage students overstaying their visa. Expecting the same scheme to be announced in a few years. All this is doing is encouraging the black market.

I love to see school kids expanding their knowledge and experience of other cultures like this. Makes for a very healthy world view

RTE news : School sings 'Stefania' in support of Ukrainian pupils

What an excellent speech by Minister Browne yesterday at the UN

Speech by Minister of State James Browne at UN International Migration Review Forum

From Department of Justice 

By: Minister of State for Law Reform and Youth Justice; James Browne

I welcome the opportunity to join with so many countries at this first international migration review forum, to reaffirm our commitment to working together in international partnership on migration, one of the most significant global issues we face.

Ireland played a key role, with our Jordanian friends, in facilitating the New York Declaration in 2016 that led to the Global Compacts on Migration and on Refugees.

Our world is very different now, but the purposes and aims of these agreements are more relevant than ever today. The Russian invasion of Ukraine has caused suffering for millions of refugees and internally displaced people. Ireland is proud to join others in welcoming and supporting those affected by this, the latest example of a conflict forcing people to flee their homes and countries.

Last month, we held a successful Diaspora Summit in Ireland, concluding with the adoption by Ministers of the “Dublin Declaration”, a future agenda of action for global diaspora engagement. As a country with strong ties to our own diaspora, Ireland is glad to have facilitated this event.

Migration, both inward and outward, has had a profound effect on Ireland and our history. We recognise the unique and significant contributions made by those who come to our shores from other nations, including the role that migrants have played in supporting our economic growth through their hard work, skills and talents.

Throughout the pandemic, migrants have worked in key areas of our economy, especially in the health service, and delivered essential services in our communities. Their work has been vital to the effective management of the public health crisis.

In turn, Ireland has taken action to provide safety, security and peace of mind to those living in the State by automatically extending immigration permissions on nine separate occasions, ensuring that no one has fallen out of permission during these extraordinary times.

We also moved swiftly to reassure people that they could access healthcare, including vaccinations, and temporary payments during the pandemic, regardless of their immigration status. This has, I believe, strengthened our vaccine take-up rate which is among the strongest in the world.

Recently, Ireland introduced a landmark, once in a generation, scheme for the regularisation of long-term undocumented migrants in the State. On 31 January 2022, the scheme opened for six months. It enables those who have been living in Ireland for a specified number of years - in many cases contributing to the economy - but who may have been hindered by their undocumented status, to apply to regularise their immigration permission. The scheme has clear benefits for the individuals and their families, but also for the State itself. The scheme was designed after listening carefully to the needs of the people affected and allows successful applicants to engage fully in Irish society, including in the labour market, with increased opportunities for labour mobility and progression. Furthermore, this participation and opportunities to thrive will empower people to contribute more effectively to their countries of origin.

Ireland welcomes the ongoing focus on legal migration at EU level and the continued opportunities to work together to create sustainable regular pathways for migration. International migration will continue to present challenges and opportunities into the future. As we explore these issues, the Compact provides a clear framework to manage all aspects of migration. Ireland will continue to support its full implementation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Ireland welcomes the ongoing focus on legal migration at EU level and the continued opportunities to work together to create sustainable regular pathways for migration. International migration will continue to present challenges and opportunities into the future. As we explore these issues, the Compact provides a clear framework to manage all aspects of migration. Ireland will continue to support its full implementation.

I'd honestly pay money to interview these types on radio or TV, just to show them up. A few questions alone and the house of cards would quickly fall, because as usual, it's all generalized, substanceless nonsense, that never explains the ins and out of said plans, because in reality there's nothing behind the curtain.

Even in a general sense, if we really cared about democracy in the purest sense, there'd be some place where the people could debate politicians. Once upon a time it was the job of the media, but the media in Ireland are as treacherous as the political class, so there's a massive hole in our "democratic" system. Of course this will never happen, as the politicos know too well they'd be quickly exposed, and whatever power that they've left would be lost. All that says so much about the state of Irish politics too.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

An open door refugee program its wonderful . Great to see how they harass the locals and be protected . Why does it take a citizen journalist to highlight this !

https://youtu.be/b9n6zw26TjA

Post edited by rgossip30 on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Multiculturalism is like a happy clappy religious thing for some. Diversity!! Praise the lord!!! Ever hoping to root out unbelievers and just as based on faith, a faith that doesn't like too many questions it can't answer.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Care to explain how wonderful it is for the unbelievers .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's far less about challenging the unbelievers, far more about goading them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Done about a dozen times in this thread. Should you wish to learn more I'd recommend you Google it. I've no desire to keep repeating myself every time someone asks the same question. There's dozens of studies and reports from all over the world that detail all the benefits.

However it appears you are of an opposing view, that's fine.

The govt and its ministers are not and they are welcoming folks with open arms. Indeed many communities around the country are doing so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

You do realise that video you shared is from a member of the National Party. Have you looked into their agenda, policies etc? Have you googled their leader Justin Barret? The guy is a far right nutcase. Has spoken at several Neo-Nazi rallies in Germany and Italy. I'm not happy with the forced multiculturalism but Barret et al are on par with Gemma and the rest of the far right nutters in this country.

You can't genuinely mean that can you? I'm hoping you are just trying to get a dig in because any sane person wouldn't want an open door refugee policy.

Philip Dwyer is no longer a member of the national Party do YOU know that ! I was looking at his report it makes no difference what party he represents .

Yes more will be welcomed as its the great woke with numbers to escalate . The government does not represent the people but the EU .

All parties are much the same so no choice only Independents offer any difference . A referendum on this issue in the future would likely show an opposition when the numbers coming have further increased . I wonder what you have done for these refugees apart from just goading here for attention .

Looks like problems are looming !!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/cabinet-secret-memo-warns-of-threat-to-social-cohesion-over-ukrainian-refugees-41675152.html

Oh ok fair enough. I personally would be embarrassed to knowingly share a video from a National Party member. And I would consider myself politically conservative for the most part.

• Advertisement

He is no longer a National Party member so spare me the drivel .

Advertisement